Sacred 2 Guide - Epic Office Quest - Map of Employees

Schot

• 4 months later...
Thanx Munera. Fixed it. :) Makes me wonder what other employees might be misplaced now...

Well... AS long as you're asking...

There's one guy in the Orc territories - Michael Dumont - who, according to the map is located IN a cave. Actually... He's right outside of the last cave where you run into the bosses - Thranak and the Ice Lord.

Are you sure Wolfie? I could swear Micheal is inside one of the upper-most caves in that area. If I recall I think the only NPC in front of the last cave is the quest giver for the Thranak boss.

Cheers!

Are you sure Wolfie? I could swear Micheal is inside one of the upper-most caves in that area. If I recall I think the only NPC in front of the last cave is the quest giver for the Thranak boss.

Cheers!

Well... Yeah.. Given I just went through the area looking for him. Tore my hair (what's left of it) out looking for him inside the caves.. Finally found him just outside of the cave furthest down the path. He's disguised as an Orc and is hanging out near some barrels and a tent. I'd go back and take a screenshot of him - except I've already talked to him and sent him packing back to the office.

Mind you, I am playing v 2.43. Who knows. Maybe someone decided to relocate him just for the heck of it in Ice and Blood...

There are 3 guys in the immediate area. Neither one of them is in a cave.

Cheers!

Well... Yeah.. Given I just went through the area looking for him. Tore my hair (what's left of it) out looking for him inside the caves.. Finally found him just outside of the cave furthest down the path. He's disguised as an Orc and is hanging out near some barrels and a tent. I'd go back and take a screenshot of him - except I've already talked to him and sent him packing back to the office.

Mind you, I am playing v 2.43. Who knows. Maybe someone decided to relocate him just for the heck of it in Ice and Blood...

I know the guy wolf is talking about. he is in between caves on the ledge I think. I remember a little dude just inside the first cave to the left. Can't remember his name or what NPC model

Cheers!

I know the guy wolf is talking about. he is in between caves on the ledge I think. I remember a little dude just inside the first cave to the left. Can't remember his name or what NPC model

Ya know.. You're right. That is Michael Dumont. He's in the guise of a flaming kobold type dude.. My bad.. Too many employees to keep track of...

In the immortal words of Emily Latella....

Never Mind...

All good wolfie2kX. I did happen to notice a couple of employees out of place after you posted so it wasn't all for not. :D

Oh Schot -

I'm assuming you've been modifying the map on maplib.net - right?

Did you, per chance, modify the permissions any...? I'm getting error messages when trying to view the map - something about "An error occured..." "You do not have permission to view this map.."

Something be fubar with the map. I can't seem to get from here to there.

The employee name is Jan Walzcak. I just got the quest, it is given by an historian to find a book. And I'm already blanking on the title. The ghost something or other.

I just finished this quest chain. The first one is titled The Ghost Village. The employee does not appear in the game world until after you complete the whole quest chain. The explamation point does appear on the world map, but not on the mini-map until this chain is completed.

So far, this is the only quest in which the player needs to complete a quest before being able to talk to the employee.

The reason that the guy doesn't appear until AFTER the Ghost Village quest is done is because when you cross the gateway into the villiage, you're technically in a different realm - the one of perpetual darkness. Once you've killed off the Evocator boss, and complete the quest, the game returns you to the normal world. I assume you noticed the teleportation noise as you crossed over and when you completed the mission.

There's also ONE other mission that kinda requires another quest to be completed. Oddly enough, it's due north of the Ghost Village. There's one guy up in the Crag Rock area and in order to get to him, you have to go through the Banshee who's hanging out in the cave you need to go through to get to Crag Rock.

Yes, I know there's the southern cave path but I believe the door is locked until you go talk to the sword master and his daughter and defeat the Thraconian who stole the crown and go back to talk to the daughter again.

• 2 months later...

OK folks.. By popular demand, the Epic Office Quest has been more or less completely rewritten. If anyone has any information to add, feel free to do so. I'm completely lacking in info on the console version of the game.

So now there's still two things left to do - pictures of the employees. That and make the map zoom in directly on a given employee when you click on the map link...

Beautiful!

Something Wonderful

Again, Wolfie you're perfectly on the ball. Exactly needed... a guided walk through, that has explanations and enough detailing when players undertake what has to be one of the most massive quests in a game ever.

With the pix coming in from Knuckles and your writeup, its become a lot easier for the fans.

Nice work!

In Record Time also.

Crazy how fast Wolfie can get tasks done.

Thank You!

I remain, :bye:

Well... In THIS case, I'll let you in on my secret... The request came in about a week or so ago. I spent 2 -3 hours staring at the page, trying to figure out how to fix it. I figured it was missing too much detail so I decided a complete rewrite was in order. It took me a couple of days grinding through the quest to make sure I had it right. When I realized it wasn't going to be a quick fix - I decided to work on it offline in Word. In the mean time, I also came across Gogo's trick of using the High Elf's Shadow Step trick to get to the office and the bug in Ice and Blood (which I spent a couple of days sorting it all out with the CM Patch guys) - both mentioned in the tips and tricks section - so once I did get going on writing it up it was just a matter of collecting the info from various sources and hammering it out.. From there it was just a matter of a copy/paste over the old post. From there, it was a matter of sprucing it up a bit with links to stuff mentioned and the pictures... I had to schlep all the way to the office cave location just to get the map pic (the 3rd one in the post) and another hour to put in the path from Teardrop Hamlet to the cave. The old one wasn't quite pointing to the correct location for the cave.

So, yah, it may have looked liked I pulled off a miracle by doing the update in short order, but in reality, it took me quite a few hours to get it done. And there's some info that still hasn't been put into the posting - like any differences between the PC version and the consoles - stuff I have no access to.

OK folks.. By popular demand, the Epic Office Quest has been more or less completely rewritten. If anyone has any information to add, feel free to do so. I'm completely lacking in info on the console version of the game.

So now there's still two things left to do - pictures of the employees. That and make the map zoom in directly on a given employee when you click on the map link...

Awesome work wolfie. The write up is an exceptional improvement. :bye: I've got a lot on my plate but that map update is mostly all I think about these days.

Awesome work wolfie. The write up is an exceptional improvement. :bye: I've got a lot on my plate but that map update is mostly all I think about these days.

Will it take a lot of work to get those links to the maps working?

Map update? Major work? Lemme know, I'll get you hooked up with a new and improved wall!

I ain't quite done yet either... I had a sick idea to add a few more pics on the first stage of the process. I *WAS* planning on taking some pics of the Orc region employees tonight, but kinda got sidetracked. Figured I should activate the quest so the failed quest thing shows up - would save a bit of time getting around. When I got to the first cave, I thought - gee.. Might as well get some pics of the cave opening, another of the switch, another of the message. Then when I got to the Office cave, I thought gee. Might as well get a shot of that, and get a mug shot of Heiko tom Felde while I was at it.. And then I got yet another sick idea to use the same sort of formatting used on the Easter Egg page - with all the frames and such. I think I just about got all of that done now. Check it out...

Schot is best to answer that - but from what I've heard it's just a matter of finding free time to get it done. But yeah... It'll take a ship load of work updating links to reflect the coordinates... One of them extra large container ships even...

Map update? Major work? Lemme know, I'll get you hooked up with a new and improved wall!

Geeze.. It's not THAT kind of map update.. It's an update to make it work more like Google Maps or Google Earth - where you can pinpoint something's location by way of coordinates so we can link to the right spot directly. Something we lost when the map got moved over to DM from maplib.

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

lol Furian. Oh wait! I want a ceiling map this time! ^^ You have nooooo idea wolfie. He's tha best at map upgrades. :D

I ain't quite done yet either... I had a sick idea to add a few more pics on the first stage of the process. I *WAS* planning on taking some pics of the Orc region employees tonight, but kinda got sidetracked. Figured I should activate the quest so the failed quest thing shows up - would save a bit of time getting around. When I got to the first cave, I thought - gee.. Might as well get some pics of the cave opening, another of the switch, another of the message. Then when I got to the Office cave, I thought gee. Might as well get a shot of that, and get a mug shot of Heiko tom Felde while I was at it.. And then I got yet another sick idea to use the same sort of formatting used on the Easter Egg page - with all the frames and such. I think I just about got all of that done now. Check it out...

Schot is best to answer that - but from what I've heard it's just a matter of finding free time to get it done. But yeah... It'll take a ship load of work updating links to reflect the coordinates... One of them extra large container ships even...

Geeze.. It's not THAT kind of map update.. It's an update to make it work more like Google Maps or Google Earth - where you can pinpoint something's location by way of coordinates so we can link to the right spot directly. Something we lost when the map got moved over to DM from maplib.

Very nice wolfie. I can see from the history that you've been busy! I love the layout and it looks as though you got a handle on the wiki image. Too funny about how you ended up getting more and more pics. It's hard to stop once you get goin eh. :D

I know I keep saying this but... I'll try and give more attention to the map in the next few days. I just seem to keep getting pulled into various other site needs. :sweating:

Very nice wolfie. I can see from the history that you've been busy! I love the layout and it looks as though you got a handle on the wiki image. Too funny about how you ended up getting more and more pics. It's hard to stop once you get goin eh. :D

I know I keep saying this but... I'll try and give more attention to the map in the next few days. I just seem to keep getting pulled into various other site needs. :sweating:

I haven't really done all THAT much recently - besides fixing one error on my part (Originally had it wrong - you don't talk to Heiko tom Felde when you get done with everything - it's Holger Flöttmann) and adding Holger's mug shot. Oh.. and I added a quick update about the CM Patch and the changes it makes to the quest log entry. But beyond that, I think that post is ready to be stuck with a fork. The juices are running clear. It's done.

No hurry on getting the map rolling again. Better to have it flawless and working properly than have a half-arsed release that needs to be fixed...

Yay, I get to give Wolfie a rep point for this guide. It's going to be one of the hottest pages in Wiki, specially since this quest assigns an achievement for Console.

It's a lot of work you've put into the page Wolfie... sorry, but you get this on your forehead!

quality.gif

:)

gogo

p.s. I'm the first to add Facebook "like" to this page! Yay, cool new shiny feature ^^