Talk to the Hand! - A ranged Shadow Warrior build

I have one very(for me :P) important question regarding attack rating.

You chose not to include any lore skills that improve attack rating, I'm following this and using many 'reduction in enemy chance to evade' rings in sockets to get by this. Due to my reliance on RPH will I still be able to get away with this at higher levels? How will it scale? I dont want to get to level 190 and find I have to socket enemy chance to evade rings in every socket...

-opponent chance to evade scales with level, meaning that at low levels you're probably only going to find -10 to -12% but by level 100 you'll be finding -25%. Pretty sure that at level 25 I had to use 3 sockets to achieve that -40% benchmark that seems to be required. At 100 it would take 2 sockets and I would say that by 150 it should only take one.

Also be aware that you may find gear along the way with this stat on it. On my gear atm I have two sockets going to -opponent's chance to evade. One is -17.8 and the other is -25.4% which gives me a total of -38.4%. On top of that I'm wearing Armantin's Battle Gauntlets which give me +12.8% "chance that opponent's cannot evade attacks". This two stats somehow work together, no one is really sure of the mechanics behind it. All I know is, with this setup, I do not miss. If I drop down to around -30% opponent's chance to evade then I start to see the occasional miss, so -40% seems to be the magical number.

Edit:

Sorry for the short reply(by my standards I guess) but I was called away to help put the kids to bed. Anyway, I've found items along the way that have as much as -38% opponent's chance to evade. They were rather junk items, stuff like weapons with no sockets. Nothing I would use but I'm guessing at 150+ this stat might be found on rings with that high of an amount.

Either way, it's a very small sacrifice in place of taking a lore or pumping points into Strength just to raise your attack rating. I really couldn't see fitting in a weapon lore just to fulfill this requirement, furthermore you'd be limiting yourself to that specific type of weapon. Also keep in mind that any time you use Augmenting Guidon and/or Rousing Command you are raising your attack rating as well, so even at lower levels where you might not have enough sockets to get that -40% chance you should still be able to erase misses off of the table via those two Combat Arts and at lower levels you should be able to kill bosses before the duration is over for those Combat Arts. So in the end, it's not that big of a deal and as you level it up it becomes even easier.

Edited by Numerii
I'm pretty sure its astral lore that mainly affects execution speed, so its only hit that is an issue.

This is correct. The only thing that matters from your weapon is the tooltip damage range and the elemental damage of the weapon. Feel free to use weapons that reduce your attack speed, it will have no effect on the casting speed of Spectral Hand.

Edited by Numerii

I just noticed something useful on the 'last enemy fought' screen, it shows your chance to hit them, and their chance to hit you. So far its ranged from 76% to 56% chance for me to hit. Will prolly be even lower for bosses though.

Yeah, first time I did Holos in Niob I was 96 and he was 127. My chance to hit was 8%. Still didn't see a substantial amount of misses though(gets kind of hard to keep track when you have 3 bone towers down and spamming SH).

What I know from my melee elves:

Weapon combat arts seem to have a build in hit chance which raises with level of Combat Art. Last kill shows only the chance for left clicks= normal attacks. The hit chance for weapon Combat Art's is higher.

"chance that opponent's cannot evade attacks" : It seems that these percent are directly added to your hit chance after all other modifiers. So it keeps its full effect even at enemies with evasion. But at enemies without it is weaker than "-opponent chance to evade".

"-opponent chance to evade" : It seems that this modifier is less effective if the enemy has evasion. If it has not, it will get negative evasion which will greatly boosts the chance that you can hit it.

My wife has an infection in her arm, so when I arrive at home I am quite busy with washing, ironing and feeding our 22month old mixed twins, ..... and no time to play.

So I want to put a question here:

Killing Spree

Is spectral hand as a weapon based combat art able to bring damage to this combat art?

And if yes, stay you invisible if it activates?

My wife has an infection in her arm, so when I arrive at home I am quite busy with washing, ironing and feeding our 22month old mixed twins, ..... and no time to play.

So I want to put a question here:

Killing Spree

Is spectral hand as a weapon based combat art able to bring damage to this combat art?

And if yes, stay you invisible if it activates?

Honestly I'm not sure. I haven't even used a rune for KS on this build since I really don't use the other 2 aspects for much but I'll give it a try tonight for knowledge's sake. Dinner with the in-laws for now though! :)

Edit:

Ok, just checked it and it indeed does work with Spectral Hand. It also works with Skeletal Fortification, I tried it by dropping a bone tower and not attacking and the burst still went off.

I'm not sure how effective it will be with this build since without MC Focus you can't take it very high or modify it. At level 1 it was doing 70-100 damage to everything around me when it went off but with a pretty big pull full of champs I was able to get it off 3 times within the duration.

At 106 I could only take it to level 33 without penalty. If the wiki is right however then it might do some pretty good damage once I get Combat Discipline and Ancient Magic mastered. Once I get enough spare runes I'll probably take it to max level allowed and add it to my AE since it only costs you a single cast so even if I can only get it to do around 1k damage at most that's still 1k damage to everything around me.

On my Tower of Power build I will be able to take it pretty high and modify it so it's definitely going to see some use for that build. Only problem with that build is that stuff dies so amazingly quick that I will probably only get 1 or 2 bursts off. That build has definitely become my favorite Shadow Warrior to play so far.

Second edit:

Forgot you asked about the issue of breaking stealth. I took the Nimble mod when I modified SV and I only have it at level 68 atm so I had to drop a bone tower near a group of champs but I finally got all the stars to align and when the burst went off I still maintained stealth so I'm pretty sure that it does not.

Edited by Numerii

Ok so I went onto the other build where I was able to get Killing Spree up to level 60 without penalty. One thing I noticed about it was that even at that level the damage burst retains 100% physical damage despite the fact I have my weapon socketed with 70% conversion to fire. Tooltip damage was around 2,400 but it was only doing about half that because it was all physical damage. Because of this I will definitely be modifying it with Sear for the gold mod so that it will convert some of that damage to fire damage. The wiki doesn't state whether or not it gains more conversion with each rune read so I'll be checking that out once I get it fully modified.

Either way, I don't see it doing much good with this build but in a build that has MC Focus and fully modded it definitely deserves a slot on the action bar.

Thanks for clearing the mists.

Our whole family decided more than half a year ago to play a smith for everyone of us. So everyone did some wishes, because everyone played a bit different. The smith was started in june played to niob and then was only used for smithing but no longer playing. It was played with skeletons and fortifications and at bosses with alchemy enhanced shuriken throwing. I wanted alchemy, my oldest daughter some weapon combat, my second easy playing with the shooting towers and my evil wife a bunch of skeletons and undead minions. So the build wasn't based on a single playstyle and then optimize this foir power. It had to be versatile and offering a lot of possibilities in playing without doing the super experience rate. But a smith has to be played till niob, and boredom is a big brake. This character never become boring. As you see: after nearly half a year I recognized that the character can be played with temporarily invisibility, shadow hand and RpT to recharge fortifications and killing spree.

But with RpT now fully working on the PC I wanted to test out its possibilities and perhaps play a few more levels and find perhaps some more tricks.

The build:

02 Taktikkunde= tactics lore

03 Rüstung= armour

05 Astralkunde= astral lore lore

08 Konzentration= concentration

12 Astralfokus= astral lord focus

18 Schmieden= blacksmith

25 Fokus Taktischer Kampf= malevolent champion focus

35 Alchemie= alchemy

50 Konstitution= constitution

65 Alte magie= ancient magic

So in theory this build could add killing spree, even it was never used. Enough modification points left. It has no combat discipline to boost power of shadow hand but perhaps killing spree can add at least some Area of Effect.

This smith was never planed to be played alltime invisible, so shadow veil was only modified till silver since the character has already 3 buffs.

Nice that you can use killing spree too, even it is not in this build but in your other.

Here's a quick clip I made of the other build using KS for some AE kills:

The video is pretty horrible quality though but it's good enough to see mostly what's going on.

KS is not modified on that build yet but you can see it still does some pretty good damage. The build I list in this thread has similar AE potential but spamming SH at .8 seconds can't compare to FR/SS combo fired from a bow or energy gun.