At low level should a dryad be rubbish?

Lewisw9012

well im level 8 and my darting assault is 10 secs? and I hardly ever hit a mob with my blowpipe and the damage I do is basically crap. will it get better as I level up or will the regen and power always be crap?

yeah at low lvls they suck but once you hit about 35 there badass. I wouldn't eat anymore runes. Keep in mind sinister predator and ancient bark affect this regeneration penalty as well. When those are running I believe it makes the regeneration time high, as well as higher lvls of those buffs will make it worse. But yes it will get better you can socket the regeneration per hit rings with another mod and that will help. But like I said when you hit about 35 she gets good. But yeah low level takes longer to level thats why I quit playing my level 19 dryad but will soon be playing with her again. I was also building that Duel wield seraphim I will say she is the FECAL MATTER!. Can't wait to get my dryad higher level though shes only at 19 but once she lvls up a little bit she'll be good I dont have a good bow for her at level 19 either so that makes it even worse.

What are you putting skill points into?

I am currently playing a Dryad who's up to level 20 and I haven't had any issues at all. Killed the Kobold Chieftan in about 10 seconds (at level 11 I think) with only RI/DA. Gar'colossus didn't take much effort either.

Edited by dreeft

Dryad can be a little slow to build steam but they do kick butt. regens will start to come once you get those focus skills in and get 9 points into each to mod your SP and AB buffs to use less energy. by level 75 I had my weapon Combat Art at 0.2s regen and was rollin' through the orc land on platinum.

• 3 weeks later...
Dryad can be a little slow to build steam but they do kick butt. regens will start to come once you get those focus skills in and get 9 points into each to mod your SP and AB buffs to use less energy. by level 75 I had my weapon Combat Art at 0.2s regen and was rollin' through the orc land on platinum.

I've noticed that mine has been slow to come along. I killed the Kobold Chieftan at level 6 with my Seraphim, but my Dryad has to be a lot more cautious. With the Seraphim, I just walk right in and can survive standing in a pack of three long enough to do the one hit with Pelting Strikes + DW. I killed the Kobold Chieftan with Forens damage reflect mostly, but my Dryad doesn't have the same resilience. I know Ancient Bark is necessary, but how would Edaphic Lances work out for doing enough Area of Effect to get away from them and recooperate with Goldenglade Touch up?

Edit: Butchered the names of the two combat arts because I am still learning the class :devil:

Edited by -Aerows-

I've noticed that mine has been slow to come along. I killed the Kobold Chieftan at level 6 with my Seraphim, but my Dryad has to be a lot more cautious. With the Seraphim, I just walk right in and can survive standing in a pack of three long enough to do the one hit with Pelting Strikes + DW. I killed the Kobold Chieftan with Forens damage reflect mostly, but my Dryad doesn't have the same resilience. I know Ancient Bark is necessary, but how would Edaphic Lances work out for doing enough Area of Effect to get away from them and recooperate with Goldenglade Touch up?

Edit: Butchered the names of the two combat arts because I am still learning the class :P

Haven't had that much luck with the lances. for Kobald chief I hit him with a voodoo combo of black curse, viperish decease, twisted torment then tangled vine so he can't hit me. finally ravaged impact with a ice or magic weapon since he is fire resistant. AB really needs the reflect mod imo.

Taking chief before level 10-15 is definitely doable with several different builds but not an automatic kill with any char unless you start them right and know what your doing

Haven't had that much luck with the lances. for Kobald chief I hit him with a voodoo combo of black curse, viperish decease, twisted torment then tangled vine so he can't hit me. finally ravaged impact with a ice or magic weapon since he is fire resistant. AB really needs the reflect mod imo.

Taking chief before level 10-15 is definitely doable with several different builds but not an automatic kill with any char unless you start them right and know what your doing

I haven't had much with the lances, either. By the time I've cast them and they have popped up, most of the time the enemy isn't standing there anymore. That's not particularly useful :P

You can do some very interesting starts if you think outside the role:

socket totems or animus, they give life leech to your weapon and do some nice extra damage

modify dust devil for damage as first Combat Art. nice mass killer, collect mobs to a big group and let dust devil kill them. gives some protection too while you are inside.

using unmodified voodoo Combat Art's and add to their level with socketed runes is a great support to throwing from inside a whirlwind for damage....

It all depends if you want to play fighter ,ranger or caster style if you can use all of the above. But our all aspect dryad started with whirlwind as first modified Combat Art and it was really funny to play, especially with regeneration per hit recharging Combat Art's in no time.

all aspect dryad

If you play consoles I would stay away from alchemy. But this post is mainly to show that you can do different approaches at start.

not all dryad are rubbish at level 8 , try getting a level 10 dryad with DA 1 sec and dmg of 2-3k , I succeeded :D

This requires some "inherited" gear and probably socketing/gold from other characters.

heh, I do kinda know where gdragon is coming from though :)

Ultimately, we`d all want to only know of his experience as our starting experience, right? :D

I still remember how painful it was when we all started the game... it was pure torture being a newbie and having to make do, slowly building all the traders in the network, acquiring weath, items, and gold.

I guess there is two ways of seeing start characters then...

Really new, naked players with nothing, who just bought the game...

And players who have had sacred 2 for a while now, and are starting off with advantages that others can`t imagine.

:lol:

gogo

not all dryad are rubbish at level 8 , try getting a level 10 dryad with DA 1 sec and dmg of 2-3k , I succeeded :D

I bet thats fun huh? You socket it with high level in plat or niob? Because its not possible unless you got a higher level to socket. That takes the fun out of the game...

That takes the fun out of the game...

sure it does

:D

Actually, what it does is make you create better and better builds. If you're able to get a toon to level one hundred in let's say a month.... the new bench mark becomes to do it in half the time, or even less.

Yeah, the new standards of socketing high level niob smith arts make the old standard easy... doesn't mean we have to remain at the levels of expectation we were asking ourself.

More, more more!

:lol:

gogo

sure it takes some fun out of the game, but what I mean is , all starter characters are rubiish if u dont save up some stuff, and u can always look for high level characters to help u , btw I do play on console , I dont play this game on the pc since that version is so uber cheatable , I mean I could become level 200 with only one simpel quest on bronze , no that is fun ( not ) , and ye I also started as a newbie but ye now that I got a high level dryad VD runner I can socket alot , and I take advantage of it , nothing wrong with that is ther now.

btw I do play on console , I dont play this game on the pc since that version is so uber cheatable , I mean I could become level 200 with only one simpel quest on bronze , no that is fun ( not ) , and ye I also started as a newbie

Not if you play multiplayer on closed net. There are actually many more cheaters on console than on closed net servers.

I mean I could become level 200 with only one simpel quest on bronze , no that is fun ( not ) , and ye I also started as a newbie

Unless you know something that I don't this would take a REALLY long time with any quest in bronze.

but ye now that I got a high level dryad VD runner I can socket alot , and I take advantage of it , nothing wrong with that is ther now.

The use of VD in that way was removed in the PC version and is considered an exploit at this point by many. Of course there is nothing wrong with the way that you play, do what is fun for you. My hunch is that if another patch was released for consoles then high level socketing in low level gear and the VD exploit would have been removed from the game though.

and ye I also started as a newbie

Didn't we all?

Edited by Ansgar

Just because it's possible to cheat doesn't mean that everyone is doing it though...

I don't believe it's possible to do one quest to get to 200 in bronze, where have you actually heard of this?

maby I do know more about that quest part, not gonna tell tho, but thats basicly the main reason that I dont play it on pc, because u can cheat in closed - net also then.

I would think that the whole idea of it being a closed server kinda implies that you cant cheat dont ya think? Singleplayer, yes, open servers, yes, both options allow easy cheating. All use characters and files hosted by the player, which are easily edited. Closed servers are hosted by whoever it is that hosts them now (deep silver or a 3rd party?) and they store everything, characters and files...no cheating. Now I'm not saying there aren't any glitches/bugs that can be taken advantage of, but there are not many, and even more of them are found on the console. There are posts here often of "I have a level 1 sword with +130 all skills on PS3, arent I great" or similar. Sorry if it seems like I'm having a go at you, I'm just trying to get across that while it is easy to cheat on the PC, its only for open and single player games, not for closed net, one of the reasons many of used it in the first place. And that consoles are almost as easy to cheat on as PC's