Ker - Sakara Demon Questions

DunJuan

So I summoned up my god powers with my level 6 Shadow Warrior and the Sakara Demon starts doing some damage. Then my henchman, whom I had for the hireling mission, takes offence to the demon and starts shooting him with a bow. next thing ya know Ive got a blimmen great demon after me. No real choice but to run into a cave. I popped my head out to see if the coast is clear but nah, its still there, and terrorising the locals. which I might add Im not getting any xp for.

Next choice is to throw my quite weak skeletal fortification at it and hope for the best. Going toe to toe with a demon is not a good idea. demonic blow just isnt doing enough damage. neither is the skeletal fortification. And I ran out of health potions and so close to ending the life of a Sakara Demon. After I restarted and topped up on health potions I headed back to where this beast was lurking and had it out with him/her/it(?) and was quite dissapointed after giving it a jolly good thrashing, that I recieved no xp for it.

ah, so, anyone else had this happen to them?

I could have stayed at a distance and let it take alot of fights for me, and have it follow/chase me round the map and take a bit of health of bosses for me, but cripes, when it hits, ya feel a bit of a sting

Ker will only help you for a set amount of time and then it will turn hostile. If you're in the area he will attack you. You will not get any experience for defeating him either :crazy:

hmm, I remember taking this deity once and never had a problem with it. kinda ran round, carved up then left with no troubles. shame about the xp cos beating something like that is quite a feat really

There is an interesteing guide that someone put together on the SIF on how to run a daemon well and maximize it`s efficiency.

I`m at work, and can`t search that forum well... anyone here wanna give it a go and post a link to it?

Thanks!

:crazy:

gogo

• 2 months later...

Can't say it has every been useful to me. and if you play on multiplayer it can be very deadly to your friends. I had some joker pop into a server and launch one on start island once. then they bailed when the couldn't kill it. left me to kill and defend my level 2 bargainer that was sitting on the island. Ker = evil remember that! needless to say I banned that player from ever joining any of my games. lately I have been using Forenz. it has a nice little warding energy field that comes in handy just before a boss fight.

I thought he didn't attack until provoked when on start island.

And I'm curious how you did ban the player from joining your games in the future...

I thought he didn't attack until provoked when on start island.

And I'm curious how you did ban the player from joining your games in the future...

Self engineered ban. when I see him, I go play somewhere else. And seeing how I got defensive cause of the level 2 bargainer sitting there defenseless, I may have.

• 2 weeks later...

The god powers were meant to be much better than they are but due to what happened to Ascaron, that never came to be. Ker may have been a great ally in that case, he is just a nuisance as is. Divine Devotion never got any love. Relics are meant to be buffed by them, does that work?

Ker is actually pretty helpful against bosses, if you play ranged.

I find that my ranged-summoner Shadow Warrior takes no hits from him as the boss+ 3 armoured skeles seem to keep him away :) then when the real boss is at around 20% I focus on the Sakara, which normally dies by the time the boss is around 10% :(

Edited by InFlames