Dragon Age: Origins

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard amazing reviews about it, almost got perfect scores in some reviews I have read, and one thing I especially liked to hear is that one of the reviewers had used over 120 hours before completing the game and didn't find a single bug :)

Just think of it 120 hours before completing the game and not finding a single bug, I would say you get your money worth there.

I'm still waiting on my pre order to arrive :)

You can download the character creator from here.

If you make a character and then register with Bioware you will get a code to insert in the game for a special item.

Also there is a Flash game here also released by Bioware that you can play and if you complete certain sections it will also give you more codes for more items.

I am really looking forward to playing this game. Every single review I have read has highly praised it, including some real life online mates I know.

Its only single player but if you like in depth role-playing games like Baldurs Gate II then this is supposedly a must have. :)

waiting on my preorder to ps3 to arrive also look hawt in hd altho I heard over play experience is overall fullfilled better on PC. Im a sucker for eye candy I guess^^

I've been scouting out this game for the last 2 weeks and am having a hard time convincing myself to buy it, as I would purchase it for the xbox 360, which was said to have the worst graphics of the three platforms it is released on. There is no tactical camera on the consoles, but I am wondering if you can adjust the camera angle at all, or if it is fixed position. If anyone has any first hand experience with the console version of this game, please share as it would help enforce a decision :Just_Cuz_21:

I bought the game for my ps3-I will be honset,be warned this is my opinion-the game is a mess,and I do mean a mess.I was really looking forward to it.if your going to play this game play it on the computer,because thats what it seems to have been built for not the consoles.

the games buggy,some buggs good some bad.

framerate and slowdown for the ps3 is horrible,on my ps3 the game has locked up/froze causing me to:a-restart,b,hardshut down on ps3,c soft shutdown to reboot game.some people have stated that they havent had a problem I have had a few.

character creator is really good-you make a good character and then send them out into the world and go yuck

story and soundtrack are great-very mature and funny stuff,but In my eyes its become an overall experience in gaming.I think that they are focusing to much on blood,gore,and sex versus a really good story and the game has a great story,the in game charater banter is great.

dlc is a royal pain in the butt

combat doesnt always work right,not enough hotkeys and I find Im always hitting the wrong one,but I sure I can work around that.

dlc can be over priciey if you didnt get the game new or special edition.

the game is ugly-I expected better graphics instead I get ugly again Im willing to overlook it.

your buddies arent very bright,thats annoying

just be warned I think the game was overhyped,I think if ea/bioware would have put more money on fixing,framerate/slowdown/freezing issues/enimies stuck in wall thing the game would be really really good.but this is just one persons opinion when I get my ps3 back I will try again and see if the problems are resolved and it wasent my ps3 the story really is good though.

On PC I have never encountered any of these bugs/freezes you mentioning, so it seem that it is a problem with the console version.

Anyway, I recommend this game for people that is playing PC and enjoy games like Baldurs Gate and the Neverwinter Nights series.

the computer version is really good but I dont have money right now to get it for the computer likewise I will,I made the mistake of buying it for the console,I dont think I will do that again-- im sad

First of id like to point out how well maid this game is, it must have taken the Bioware team a great deal of time and efort to make it. I give my hat of to them on a job well done, The combat is very good, graficst top notch, story and characters will glue you to your chair and give you lots of sleep less nights.This game diserves all the good reviews id recomend it to every one not just fans of the Baldurs gaint, Icewind games. Its just to good, 10 is not high enought of a mark to award this game with.

I played a warrior with a 2hander absolute murder slaughtering all those darkspawn and stuf :D, and dragon slaying and finishing moves absolute eye candy :).

So id have to give this game 10++++ you get the idea :) to BIOWARE make more games like this :bow:

Heya,

as Baldur's Gate and NWN2 were two of my all-time favorites, there was no way around this one for me. Been playing a bit in single player, and must say that it is beautiful :)

Greetz

Heya,

as Baldur's Gate and NWN2 were two of my all-time favorites, there was no way around this one for me. Been playing a bit in single player, and must say that it is beautiful :bow:

Greetz

Same here, been playing it all morning, DANG I hate splitting time between 2 great games...

Atm in the city of Lothering with my Human Noble Warrior (Sword+Shield).

Epic story, Epic gear, Epic action :)

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Hi guys !

I've stopped palyng Sacred 2 altogether while waiting for the xpansion to come out in Australia.Been playing this game exclusively for a few days.Dragon Age is probably one of the most fun games I've played in a long time (love all the cutscenes).My favorite party member so far is DOG (he is so cute).

Anywho I'm off to play some more!

Temper

I am currently going through the The Circle Of Magi "dreamworld" with a Dual Wielding Dwarf.

Cool build, I might try out a dwarf soon.

Atm I'm doing a tank Human Warrior build, almost out of Lothering

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

After looking at some builds online, and trying out each of the characters up to the Korari Wilds (spelling?) I have found precisely what I'm looking for. I didn't like how the mage went down fast in close combat but I loved the spells. I liked the way the warrior could get in close and really dish out the damage, but the combat art animations were not what I was looking for. So, case in point, I have combined the two to make an Arcane Warrior, one of the specializations for the mages. It allows a mage to wear heavy armor and go in for melee, but also allows for firing off cool spells. I have found it to be one of the more versatile builds in the game, although I can't say I've played a whole lot. I'd recommend some people to give this monster a try ;)

Well this game is a real winner.

I suspect that not everyone that comes to Dark Matters would like this sort of game though.

Seeing that Sacred 2 is probably the driving force behind all the new arrivals :)

But for those of you who love the old story driven rpg this game is great.

No multiplayer though....pure single player is this one.

I was wondering if there are some Dark members playing it and what they thought.

Oh and another game has just been released in the same genre......Divine Divinity Ego Draconis

I just ordered my copy :)

My main character, a Human Noble Tank, has done the Mage Tower, Elves, Redcliffe, cured the Arl Eamon and has a full set of Juggernaut Armor (minor spoiler:

unique plate armor made out of silverite, found in the Elf Woods

)

I'm making some side characters to choose from for my second playthrough:

- Dwarf Commonor Warrior Dual wield

- City Elf Rogue

- Elf/Human Mage

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras

The same Armor as I'm using on my level 20 Dwarf :) I have almost 70 hours in on my current build and I'll say it again; an amazing game that should interest all that likes real in-depth RPG's.

The next build I'm planning on starting is a Dwarf Commoner wielding two handed weapons.

Edited by Spunky
The next build I'm planning on starting is a Dwarf Commoner wielding two handed weapons.

I like the Dwarf Commoner origin, it's good for evil & stealing kind of people. :devil:

I wish the City Elf was a bit like that, and it would be nice if the Humans had another origin too instead of only Noble.

ahwell, it's a great game so no reason to complain ^^

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras