Dragon Age: Origins

Major bugs that I've read about is what has kept me from buying the expansion. When it is patched I'll probably pick it up.

I keep hearing about major bugs in this game and its expansions.

I have not experienced anything that I would call major apart from an occasional crash........but being an old Sacred player I am kinda used to crashes.

And the game is far more stable for me than Sacred 1&2 have ever been. I might experience a crash after 6 hours of continuous playing at worse.

Also I have not experienced any bugs that have stopped the game progression nor any that have not allowed me to finish any quests that I have done.

I guess I am just one of the lucky ones. ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, funny how I would have thought this game had it's fair share of bugs, except that I played Sacred 2 first :4rofl: . Yeah I don't have the expansion yet (got all of the other dlc except Leliana's song and Darkspawn story) although I want to get it eventually (still trying out different builds/getting my fill of the game before I try moving up to Hard/Nightmare modes). Probably the worst bug I've had was when I entered the deserted house in Denerim and tried to access my Radial Menu right when the Autosave started (game would freeze like the radial was open when I closed it, battle continued when I opened it, had to reload). Other than that and few skipped facial animations during conversations I haven't had too many problems. Though, any other mages out there disappointed in the lack of mage gear in the game (hope there's more in Awakening)? Best mage armor I've seen is Tevinter Mage Robe (bonuses on the very expensive Reaper's Robe seem more for a mage that gets hit a lot) and that you can buy as soon as you get to Denerim for 4g50s, and the best weapon is the Staff of the Magister Lord (which costs a whopping 129 gold, achievable but...I want to buy other stuff...). And the mage hats look...well, stupid imo (Nothing I hate more in a game than having a good/awesome piece of armor that I hate wearing because of the way it looks).

One more thing, loving my Blood Healer (on normal still), Affliction Hex, Walking Bomb, Blood Wound, Chain Lightning... :drool: so-much-ownage (thing I'm still waiting for is the Blood Ring, and maybe also the Lifegiver to reduce the healing penalty, then I'm hoping self healing + using health for mana=unstoppable-neverending-manawell of destruction). Next character in line is my Human Reaver/Zerker w/ 2handed weps.

Edited by Rndm
Though, any other mages out there disappointed in the lack of mage gear in the game (hope there's more in Awakening)?

One more thing, loving my Blood Healer (on normal still), Affliction Hex, Walking Bomb, Blood Control (that continual Area of Effect stun), Chain Lightning... :4rofl: so-much-ownage (thing I'm still waiting for is the Blood Ring to reduce the healing penalty, then I'm hoping self healing + using health for mana=unstoppable-neverending-manawell of destruction). Next character in line is my Human Reaver/Zerker w/ 2handed weps.

Since I don't have the expansion yet, I can't comment about what mage equipment is available there. But if you have not tried player made mods you can find some there. Of course such equipment probably would not transfer over to the expansion and you have to be careful not to get equipment that makes the game too easy.

Dragon Age Nexus

I like the ice magic spells and the glyph spells.

I have a two-handed warrior that I need to finish before I get the expansion. He is a dwarf Templar/Champion and is doing a solo nightmare game (leaving companions in the camp as soon as he picks them up.)

I have more games that I enjoy than I have time to play. I need to clone myself!

• 1 month later...

Few days ago I finished (again) DA:O with Awakening and all DLCs and I really enjoyed this playthrough. Finally I soloed this game with my rogue Beatrix on Nightmare, well, and I have to say it is very sophisticated diablo-like experience:-)

beatrixis.jpg

* I hope DA2 will be also that good game with better technical support:-)