The Sohei

Yes,the character is old and was my first try of a mentalist. So surely it is not optimal. For example I didn't know then that runes of protection add x% defense, so one reason for speed lore is weakened.

But it played very solid for a first try. And speed lore helped to save some sockets.

Yes,the character is old and was my first try of a mentalist. So surely it is not optimal. For example I didn't know then that runes of protection add x% defense, so one reason for speed lore is weakened.

But it played very solid for a first try. And speed lore helped to save some sockets.

Ah, even then, the build seems pretty solid, how's he's damage and survivability in 4 player LAN?

Since I'm skipping speed lore, I'm curious about mentalism and its damage. Area of Effect and single target. How good is energy blaze? and does the dot it does stack? What about mind strike, is the Area of Effect large? now, dragon strike is an awesome, awesome Area of Effect, but I can't aim it worth crap so I'm thinking about about something else to complement my destroyer combo for maximum Area of Effect ownage. Hopefully something that is as good if not better than the Area of Effect staff dryad you invented. :thumbsup:

Anyways, the reason to use a weapon is simple, the three most overpowered mods are weapon attacks only, RpH, life leech %, and death blow. DM can't abuse the last one, but he sure can abuse the first two. :dance:

Edited by Dimeron
  • 1 month later...

Currently reworking the Sohei-Idea. We played the new Sohei to level 140 in 8 weeks with just 8 skills. The 9th+10th were left open to use it for testing rarely used skills.

I am working on horse-ca so they might be put into the cm-patch.

For real playing I was planing damage lore as 10th.

2 concentration

3 armour

5 mentalism-focus

8 dragon magic focus

12 combat disciplin

18 elementalism focus

25 ancient magic

35 constitution

50 free---alchemy for riding, polearms for damage lore

65 free---riding (mod testing), damage lore (to test damage lore), spell resistance (test its usefulness)

The character looks strange, but the idea is to get casting speed from the dragon buff.

Add damage with combat discipline instead a lore, CD works on all 3 aspects.

Use a glove which changes physical to fire damage and test if damage lore will work.

This is not a one hit killer, it uses big Area of Effect spells with DoT.

Main interest would be to add DoT to the destroyers and use them as long range fire and forget weapons.

I think death blow was cut away in the AddOn for spells and replaced with damage lore now working on spells.

So that will be my character to test this out in the next weeks.

Edited by chattius
  • 3 weeks later...
Currently reworking the Sohei-Idea. We played the new Sohei to level 140 in 8 weeks with just 8 skills. The 9th+10th were left open to use it for testing rarely used skills.

I am working on horse-ca so they might be put into the cm-patch.

For real playing I was planing damage lore as 10th.

2 concentration

3 armour

5 mentalism-focus

8 dragon magic focus

12 combat disciplin

18 elementalism focus

25 ancient magic

35 constitution

50 free---alchemy for riding, polearms for damage lore

65 free---riding (mod testing), damage lore (to test damage lore), spell resistance (test its usefulness)

The character looks strange, but the idea is to get casting speed from the dragon buff.

Add damage with combat discipline instead a lore, CD works on all 3 aspects.

Use a glove which changes physical to fire damage and test if damage lore will work.

This is not a one hit killer, it uses big Area of Effect spells with DoT.

Main interest would be to add DoT to the destroyers and use them as long range fire and forget weapons.

I think death blow was cut away in the AddOn for spells and replaced with damage lore now working on spells.

So that will be my character to test this out in the next weeks.

How's this progressing chattius, any good or been busy with other stuff.

Bump Bump ... Same question ... anyone else playing this build ?

Edited by Groosum

Mainly busy playing the driver for my older daughters. Disadvantage of living outside of civilization: lot of driving for sport training, youth club, ..... I plan to finish my horse-mods till end of june.

For testing horse-ca mods I go with shield lore and riding as 9 and 10. You need shield lore if you have no buffs on a horse.

For testing 'dragon magic shape shifts' modifications I go with dragon magic lore and toughness. Lot of real and virtual (mitigation) hitpoints if you play in human form. The main problem is the returning into human form which may happen mid in a heavy fight. I like the heavy lifepoint approach best in these situations.

Damage over Time seem to gave no effect if done with a converter glove.