Ice & Blood: UK English Patch 2.65 Now Available

The patch is now available to the English community. Patch 2.65 has been available to other languages for a while now but only as of this morning has the UK English version become so. Download to your hearts cintent folks. :cry:

Sacred 2 update home page

Sacred 2 update page for UK International

Patch 2.65 file size is 28.7 MB

Below is the sections of the 2.65 readme file that differ from the 2.64 file. Many of the differences from below are simply a matter of proper translation. In previous readme files much of the text used German terminology. Much of that is translated now into English.

Readme File

===========

Last updated: 10/18/2009

Version 2.65.1

08/03/2009; Version 2.65.1:

System:

* Incompatibility with Windows 7 fixed

* When installing this patch, the control configuration will be reset and Ice&Blood is automatically activated.

* Drop rates increased in multiplayer mode

Quests:

* Quest compass: selection of next quest destination revised

* Problem fixed in "Enemy Movement"

* "Is that really you?" fixed in multiplayer mode

* Problem with "Death of a Demon" reward fixed

* Drop rate for meat increased in "Betrayed by Fate".

* Problem with quest target fixed for "participation requirement"

* Quest compass fixed for "Challenge!"

* Problem fixed in "Green Crystals"

Miscellaneous:

* Selected skin colour is now used and saved for all characters.

* Body parts of the Facetolodon are no longer displayed as pieces of armour

* "Destructible crystals" will attack the player now

* Combat arts no longer reset to 0, if you use the 200th rune

* "Runes of Protection" dragon mage spell: chance to stun reduced

* "Maelstrom" dragon mage spell: costs doubled, duration reduced by 20%

* Mod3b "Frenzy" of "Dragon Berserk" dragon mage spell: problem with

cooldown fixed

* "Destroyer" dragon mage spell working now in PvP.

* "Dragon Form" dragon mage spell tooltip corresponds to effect now

* "Commander of Diaanja's Troops" will now cause damage.

* Multiplayer: Sakkara Demon will attack now and has a health bar

08/03/2009; Version 2.64.0:

World:

* 2 new regions have been added: the Crystal Planes and the Cursed Forest.

You can travel to these new regions via the ship captain in Thylysium.

* There are two new mount traders in the CUrsed Forest. They sell special mounts.

Quests:

* Quest companions that do not fight now stay closer to the hero

* A bug in the Ice Lord quest has been fixed

* Quest-steps in the questlog now have preview pictures

* All mini-bosses now grant XP-rewards when completing the miniquest and upon their death

Combat:

* Enemy combat arts now scale correctly on all difficulty levels. Therefore, combat will

be more challenging. Melee damage has been reduced in higher difficulty levels.

* Many champions and bosses now have a bonus that reduces the hero's reflection

* The skill "Magic Staffs" now grants the ability to fire magic missiles from staffs

* Seraphim and Dryad are now able to train the skill "Magic Staffs"

* Multiplayer sync has been improved. Buffs did not display correctly on some clients

* Defensive stance [shift] now has a higher defence value

* The combat art "Zealous Doppelganger" [inquisitor] now works more comprehensible:

The Doppelganger can now only use combat arts, which the hero knows

* The Shadow Warrior’s combat art "Frenzied Rampage" now fires more projectiles while in ranged combat

* The Seraphim combat art’s "Soul Hammer" modification "Battering" now also works in ranged combat.

* The Seraphim combat art’s „Pelting Strikes“ modification „Indentation“ now also works in ranged combat.

* Heal spells and boosts don't heal the horse or carrier imp anymore when they are cast from a combo

* The effect of combat arts on team members has been improved. The calculation had been incorrect previously.

* The circle around enemies has been expanded and more hues of yellow and red now denote the level differences

better. A new distinction has also been added: Violet circles represent enemies boasting a much higher level

than that of the hero

* The Garema Ghost Warriors have been changed. It is now always possible to attack them while they are in ghost form;

the skill "Enhanced Awareness" is no longer required to do so.

* Right-klicking a corpse now activates the active combat art instead of making the hero walk to that location

* The "Knock back Opponents" bonus now works correctly. Prior to this change, enemies were pushed into the wrong direction.

Interface:

* New loading screens have been added

* Advanced camera options have ben implemented

* Hints will be shown during the loading process

* Five weapon and combat art slots will become available at level 20 now. Therefore, the keyboard layout had to be slightly altered.

* Jumping to portals that have been revealed on the worldmap is now possible.

* It is now possible to deactivate camera shaking. Create a file called "optionscustom.txt" in the same folder where the "options.txt"

file is located. The “optionscustom.txt” must contain the following line: camera.cameraShake = 0

* Several small fixes have been made for pause mode. It is not possible to activate pause mode as long as the world map is opened

Items:

* Rings and amulets with a bonus on skills have been made slightly less powerful

* New items for all heroes

* New items for the Dragon Mage

* Mage staffs and throwing weapons now drop in better quality

Sounds:

* It is now possible to deactivate combat music. Create a file called "optionscustom.txt" in the same folder where the "options.txt"

file is located. The “optionscustom.txt” must contain the following line: sound.volume_group02 = 0

* A sound bug in connection with the Temple Guardian combat art "Amplifying Discharge" has been fixed

* A sound bug in connection with the Shadow Warrior combat art "Skeletal Fortification" has been fixed

Miscellaneous:

* Many new options are now available during character creation, including skin colour, hairstyle, regeneration mode, carrier imp skin

colour and others

* The carrier imp is now available in all game modes

* Several achievements have been fixed: "Annealer" cannot be achieved by simply placing items into a forging-slot. "Group Hug" should

be achieved now when a "Free Game" server is full. A bug was fixed where dungeons were not counted correctly in order to achieve

"Dungeon Master". "Journeyman" cannot be achieved by using quest-npc shortcuts (achievements cannot be credited retrospectively)

* The calculation of free disk space during the installation process will now check more accurately if enough disk space is available

It looks as though it is in fact required this time Spunky. I had been playing for a while just before receiving in game notification about the patch. The notification was being repeated about every 10 seconds so I'm guessing that was an indication as to how significant this patch is. Just now I checked the servers and they are all gone now for version 2.64. Not even private servers. Looks like we have no choice this time.

What the hell!! The patch give me the Vundo Trojan virus:) I guess AVG works after all. I can only assume the Deep Silver did this on purpose for some sort of pop-up routine they aparently feel we need to expose our systems to

the file is s2logic.dll in the c:\program files\Deep silver\Sacred2-Fallen Angel\system\s2logic.dll Can I let my antivirus remove this? and sacred2 will still function?

What the hell!! The patch give me the Vundo Trojan virus:) I guess AVG works after all. I can only assume the Deep Silver did this on purpose for some sort of pop-up routine they aparently feel we need to expose our systems to

the file is s2logic.dll in the c:\program files\Deep silver\Sacred2-Fallen Angel\system\s2logic.dll Can I let my antivirus remove this? and sacred2 will still function?

And this is the link to Wikipedia: Vundo trojan

Ah bummer, just hope they have fixed the Crystal Region 1-hit bug, and not have included any new ones.

I wouldn't remove that file loco, my best guess is that Sacred 2 won't work afterwards.

Oh I wouldn't worry too much about that loco. It's been a problem in the patches for quite some time now, heh. It's a false alarm. Or at least it has been in the past.

Heads up on the server conditions. At the moment servers aren't available. I assume some maintenance is being done on the servers with regard to the new patch.

Hmmm, just installed it now without any trouble at all Spunky. Maybe your patch became corrupted during the download. Have you tried to download another?

@Chareos:

I went in the game real quick, HC, but only to Sloeford and back. No time to play right now but when I get back I'll play a while and post about it. :cry:

That's strange. Mine to. My readme.txt says 2.64 but I made sure to check the notes that were part of the completion of the update. The notes/readme read 2.65. Seems it wasn't saved. If and when someone updates to 2.65 could you please copy the notes the update displays before completing the installation. It should be the last popup window that the update displays just before finishing the install.

In game however my game reads 2.65 so at least that part is right, haha.

lol, oops. Did I do that? Terribly sorry loco but no bouncy room for you I'm afraid. Better luck next time. :cry:

Alrighty, as I promised I took the plunge and entered the point of no return. :( I've been playing for a while now in 2.65 and all seems to be relatively unchanged for the way I play. A melee Shadow Warrior that is. Experience per kill, enemy difficulty, and equipped gear all seem to have remained the same. Deep Silver did state that there priority and reason for working on the patch was Win7 and it looks as though they stuck to it. Some problems have been mentioned on the German forum. Particularly chat box deaths. I've read that when someone on the server chats your chat box will pop open as it always has but with one tiny little, eeh fatal, difference. Your cursor will be active within the chat box. This means that if you push space bar shortly after the chat box opens that you won't heal yourself but rather type a space in the chat. So watch out for that one. I haven't experienced it yet myself so I can't say how bad it is. Certainly being informed about it can reduce the chances of chat death so... There yah go. You've been warned. ^^ One other complaint I read was that the Sakara can be sommuned on the MP Isle. I thought this was always the case and that they fixed him so that it wasn't possible to aggro him on the MP isle. Guess we'll find out. Volunteers? ^^

As for the readme I installed the 2.65 patch on my other pc so we could get that missing info. Most of the 2.64 readme is the same as the new 2.65 readme so I'll just post here the parts that are different. Cheers!

Edit: Moved readme info to first post in this topic.

Patch was a joke. lol, I was watching top chef as I went into Schot's comp via our lan installed it from his own computer then started up Sacred 2 Ice and blood again...all while watching Top Chef :lol:

WHO WANTS TO PLAY

:P

gogo

Installed it, upon completition it said some errors occured and I have to reinstall Sacred 2, for more details I have to check a folder with a generate text file in it, which I forgot XD.

If I try to run the game it says

"The application failed to initialize properly (0Xc0000022)."

and also a pop-up from my AVG anti-virus with the false positive bullcrap about a trojan.

MY GAME IS BROKEN!! :oooo::oooo::oooo:

EDIT: Found a thread on the SIF with some info: Warning For AVG-users And Ice and Blood Owners

Ok fixed it :)

Hmm what about uninstalling AVG ? Would it work then without reinstalling Sacred 2 ?

EDIT: AND THATS EXACTLY HOW I SOLVED IT! w00t time to find a new antivirus program!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras
Installed it, upon completition it said some errors occured and I have to reinstall Sacred 2, for more details I have to check a folder with a generate text file in it, which I forgot XD.

If I try to run the game it says

"The application failed to initialize properly (0Xc0000022)."

and also a pop-up from my AVG anti-virus with the false positive bullcrap about a trojan.

MY GAME IS BROKEN!! :oooo::oooo::oooo:

EDIT: Found a thread on the SIF with some info: Warning For AVG-users And Ice and Blood Owners

Ok fixed it :)

Hmm what about uninstalling AVG ? Would it work then without reinstalling Sacred 2 ?

EDIT: AND THATS EXACTLY HOW I SOLVED IT! w00t time to find a new antivirus program!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

I was able to go to the Resident shield section of AG and add and exception for the sacred2 folder. as soon as I did that Sacred2 stated fine.

I hate to remove it completely. This worked for mine and Furians67's

The patch is now available to the English community. Patch 2.65 has been available to other languages for a while now but only as of this morning has the UK English version become so. Download to your hearts cintent folks. ;)

Sacred 2 update home page

Sacred 2 update page for UK International

Patch 2.65 file size is 28.7 MB

Below is the sections of the 2.65 readme file that differ from the 2.64 file. Many of the differences from below are simply a matter of proper translation. In previous readme files much of the text used German terminology. Much of that is translated now into English.

Readme File

===========

Last updated: 10/18/2009

Version 2.65.1

08/03/2009; Version 2.65.1:

System:

* Incompatibility with Windows 7 fixed

* When installing this patch, the control configuration will be reset and Ice&Blood is automatically activated.

* Drop rates increased in multiplayer mode

Quests:

* Quest compass: selection of next quest destination revised

* Problem fixed in "Enemy Movement"

* "Is that really you?" fixed in multiplayer mode

* Problem with "Death of a Demon" reward fixed

* Drop rate for meat increased in "Betrayed by Fate".

* Problem with quest target fixed for "participation requirement"

* Quest compass fixed for "Challenge!"

* Problem fixed in "Green Crystals"

Miscellaneous:

* Selected skin colour is now used and saved for all characters.

* Body parts of the Facetolodon are no longer displayed as pieces of armour

* "Destructible crystals" will attack the player now

* Combat arts no longer reset to 0, if you use the 200th rune

* "Runes of Protection" dragon mage spell: chance to stun reduced

* "Maelstrom" dragon mage spell: costs doubled, duration reduced by 20%

* Mod3b "Frenzy" of "Dragon Berserk" dragon mage spell: problem with

cooldown fixed

* "Destroyer" dragon mage spell working now in PvP.

* "Dragon Form" dragon mage spell tooltip corresponds to effect now

* "Commander of Diaanja's Troops" will now cause damage.

* Multiplayer: Sakkara Demon will attack now and has a health bar

08/03/2009; Version 2.64.0:

World:

* 2 new regions have been added: the Crystal Planes and the Cursed Forest.

You can travel to these new regions via the ship captain in Thylysium.

* There are two new mount traders in the CUrsed Forest. They sell special mounts.

Quests:

* Quest companions that do not fight now stay closer to the hero

* A bug in the Ice Lord quest has been fixed

* Quest-steps in the questlog now have preview pictures

* All mini-bosses now grant XP-rewards when completing the miniquest and upon their death

Combat:

* Enemy combat arts now scale correctly on all difficulty levels. Therefore, combat will

be more challenging. Melee damage has been reduced in higher difficulty levels.

* Many champions and bosses now have a bonus that reduces the hero's reflection

* The skill "Magic Staffs" now grants the ability to fire magic missiles from staffs

* Seraphim and Dryad are now able to train the skill "Magic Staffs"

* Multiplayer sync has been improved. Buffs did not display correctly on some clients

* Defensive stance [shift] now has a higher defence value

* The combat art "Zealous Doppelganger" [inquisitor] now works more comprehensible:

The Doppelganger can now only use combat arts, which the hero knows

* The Shadow Warrior’s combat art "Frenzied Rampage" now fires more projectiles while in ranged combat

* The Seraphim combat art’s "Soul Hammer" modification "Battering" now also works in ranged combat.

* The Seraphim combat art’s „Pelting Strikes“ modification „Indentation“ now also works in ranged combat.

* Heal spells and boosts don't heal the horse or carrier imp anymore when they are cast from a combo

* The effect of combat arts on team members has been improved. The calculation had been incorrect previously.

* The circle around enemies has been expanded and more hues of yellow and red now denote the level differences

better. A new distinction has also been added: Violet circles represent enemies boasting a much higher level

than that of the hero

* The Garema Ghost Warriors have been changed. It is now always possible to attack them while they are in ghost form;

the skill "Enhanced Awareness" is no longer required to do so.

* Right-klicking a corpse now activates the active combat art instead of making the hero walk to that location

* The "Knock back Opponents" bonus now works correctly. Prior to this change, enemies were pushed into the wrong direction.

Interface:

* New loading screens have been added

* Advanced camera options have ben implemented

* Hints will be shown during the loading process

* Five weapon and combat art slots will become available at level 20 now. Therefore, the keyboard layout had to be slightly altered.

* Jumping to portals that have been revealed on the worldmap is now possible.

* It is now possible to deactivate camera shaking. Create a file called "optionscustom.txt" in the same folder where the "options.txt"

file is located. The “optionscustom.txt” must contain the following line: camera.cameraShake = 0

* Several small fixes have been made for pause mode. It is not possible to activate pause mode as long as the world map is opened

Items:

* Rings and amulets with a bonus on skills have been made slightly less powerful

* New items for all heroes

* New items for the Dragon Mage

* Mage staffs and throwing weapons now drop in better quality

Sounds:

* It is now possible to deactivate combat music. Create a file called "optionscustom.txt" in the same folder where the "options.txt"

file is located. The “optionscustom.txt” must contain the following line: sound.volume_group02 = 0

* A sound bug in connection with the Temple Guardian combat art "Amplifying Discharge" has been fixed

* A sound bug in connection with the Shadow Warrior combat art "Skeletal Fortification" has been fixed

Miscellaneous:

* Many new options are now available during character creation, including skin colour, hairstyle, regeneration mode, carrier imp skin

colour and others

* The carrier imp is now available in all game modes

* Several achievements have been fixed: "Annealer" cannot be achieved by simply placing items into a forging-slot. "Group Hug" should

be achieved now when a "Free Game" server is full. A bug was fixed where dungeons were not counted correctly in order to achieve

"Dungeon Master". "Journeyman" cannot be achieved by using quest-npc shortcuts (achievements cannot be credited retrospectively)

* The calculation of free disk space during the installation process will now check more accurately if enough disk space is available

Can someone please explain to me why people are complaining about this patch? From reading the patch notes it looks like they have actually done a lot with this patch. Am I missing something?

Warm regards

Raven

Please Sign In or Sign Up