Ice & Blood: UK English Patch 2.65 Now Available

If you look closely there is not that much that is done in the 2.65.1 patch...

Almost a hot fix really. I'm sure the only real purpose for it was to fix the rune level roll-over when you read the 200th one. I am amazed that they finally assigned a new color to enemies several levels higher than you. Been asking for that since Underworld and Sacred 2 beta. And they even used the color I suggested :agreed: (well it was my 2nd color choice tbh...1st choice was hot pink)

Hehe, yup. I made a lil request for that one in the beta. It was kinda exciting actually because after I submitted the idea, (complete with coloured pictures!) the Devs were mulling it over and then Perter Luber came in on it and said it was a good idea. Shortly after they were working on the implementation. :agreed: They used the colour but made it different from what I expected. Instead of static colours of white, green, yellow, orange, red, purple it seems as though the coloured rings blend from one strength to the next. Fully Purple rings are to signify that the enemy spawn level is beyond what your character's Survival Bonus would naturally spawn. Basically to prevent a low level character from being squashed by that quest near Thylysium or from enemies that were spawned from other higher level players. :(

So if anyone runs into a purple ringed enemy by careful. It will be in most cases much too high in level to fight.

P.s.

For any wondering I was released from the beta NDA.

Hehe, yup. I made a lil request for that one in the beta. It was kinda exciting actually because after I submitted the idea, (complete with coloured pictures!) the Devs were mulling it over and then Perter Luber came in on it and said it was a good idea. Shortly after they were working on the implementation. :agreed: They used the colour but made it different from what I expected. Instead of static colours of white, green, yellow, orange, red, purple it seems as though the coloured rings blend from one strength to the next. Fully Purple rings are to signify that the enemy spawn level is beyond what your character's Survival Bonus would naturally spawn. Basically to prevent a low level character from being squashed by that quest near Thylysium or from enemies that were spawned from other higher level players. :(

So if anyone runs into a purple ringed enemy by careful. It will be in most cases much too high in level to fight.

P.s.

For any wondering I was released from the beta NDA.

So where did the Red circles go:) I'm fighting monster 10 levels above me on Gold and they are yellow. I thought yellow meant they where close to your level?

Well I guess that just goes to show those lazy devs never bother with their own forum. Your suggestion's been sitting there for 2 years. Yeesh. Gotta grab them by the beta's to get them to implement something, lol.

@loco:

You'll need to have higher Survival bonus to spawn enemies with levels further above your own loco. :(

@Smith:

Nice one on the credits. Gratz! Pretty cool to be able to have your name on a game eh. :agreed:

@loco:

You'll need to have higher Survival bonus to spawn enemies with levels further above your own loco. :agreed:

I guess my point is that I am very used to seeing Red circles for enemies above my level, yellow at my level, green below, and white way below. I don't see any Reds anymore. furian made the same comment at level 84 in Platinum everything is yellow right up to the guardians. then he starts noib at level 84 everything is Purple.

I see only yellow people. and dead people.

BTW survival bonus is at 80% what is "higher" considered?

Typically you'll see enemies within 10 lvls of your own with 2 exceptions

1) you're at the min or max enemy spawn level for that area

2) someone much higher (or lower) than you was recently in that area

I thought someone had charted the min/max for each area and difficulty, maybe it's in the wiki? (too lazy to look)

Ah oops. I read your post as that your character was level 10 rather than that enemies were 10 levels above, heh.

One of the changelog notes for Ice & Blood

The circle around enemies has been expanded and more hues of yellow and red now denote the level differences

better. A new distinction has also been added: Violet circles represent enemies boasting a much higher level

than that of the hero

It looks as though orange is the new red. :agreed: I don't think that was there intention but it may be that because of the blending that red has been somewhat lost in the mixture. I did notice the purple rings right away but I admit I haven't noticed any red rings. Though wasn't looking either.

Cant download patch it keeps stopping at 95-96% ,its random where it stops (but within 95-96%)but tried it on all 4 servers and get the same.If I pause and restart in Firefox it seems to finish it but actually the file is corrupt.Oh and Ive tried it in IE as well in case problem was with FF.

Never mind after about 20 goes of trying to download it finally gave me the complete file,not sure what was going off there.

Edited by kavlor

We need to push the chat death issue. Furian67 lost his Shadow Warrior smith to it last night a 3 a.m. when somebody innocently entered his campaign run just as he was getting hit in the boar woods. just that split second nuisance pop up prevented him from hitting the space bar and we lost a full player chest full of gear. not to mention the Char he has been pounding so hard on for the last few weeks. not to mention the marathon weekend he just finished getting it to niob.

This kind of lose deserves a roll back in my opinion. Do we have any influence with Deep silver now that all the dev team is gone?

There's the brand manager on the SIF, can't remember his name atm, I'll see if I can have a look later today. Not sure if they "can"(/will) do roll backs, but it's worth a try & it'll be the entire account if they do.

Please Sign In or Sign Up