Something Wonderful (a.k.a. empty office)

Ysne58

This method/walkthrough will work at any level, including bronze. I will be writing this from the perspective of a player doing this quest in Bronze at the start of the Main Quest. There are two resurrection monoliths/soul stones that the starting character finds first. Some will encounter the one outside the Brigand Camp. The rest will encounter the one at Happy Cow Farm.

I started by making a check list of all the employees by geographical area.

1. Andreas Liebeskind

2. Roger Boerdijk

3. Bastian Clarenbach

4. James Mearmann

5. Janos Toth

6. Uygar Kalem

7. Lars Hammer

Sloeford and Western Tyr Lysia

8. Steve Manekeller

9. Stefan Ruthenberg

10. Anett Bolke (go after the White Griffen)

Thysylium and surrounding up to Clearview

11. Melanie Thieman

12. Elvin Mehmedagic

13. Ralph Armen Boettcher

14. Anca Adelina Finta

15. Mark Kieschke

16. Steffen Schulze

17. Enrico Ausborn

18. Betina Wegner

Clearview to Dragonmaw Pass

19. Carolyn Hacker

20. Eric Lamberts

North of Dragonmaw including Griffenburough and Atamark's Gate area

21. Daniel Balster:

22. Peter Kullgard:

23. Nadim Affani:

24. Alan Wild:

25. Christian Bus:

26. Daniel Sawitzki:

27. Raymond Lingen;

28. Ole Metzdorf:

29. Lars Berenbrinker:

30. Roger Swindells:

31. Ulf Winkelmann:

32. Peter Grimsehl:

33. Jan Walczak: (Ghost Village quest required).

34. Jan Langermann

35. Simon Trumpler

36. Daniel Muller

37. Franz Stradal:

38. Christian Grumwald

39. Hans-Arno Wegner:

Urthak's Moxie

40. Catharina Zeist

41. Thomas Dahling

Orc lands

42. Julian Pies

43. Stephan Hodes

44. Marco Giertolla

45. Kay Struve

46. Mattias Seuss

47. Jochen Hofmeier

48. Torsten Meier

49. Aarne Jungerberg

50. Jens Eischeid

51. Peter Luber

52. Michael Bustler

53. Michel Dumont

54. Frank Rentmeister

55. Stefan Hinz

Seraphim Island and Dragon Caves

56. Mark Kulker

57. Helga Parmiter

58. Torsten Allard

59. Marc Oberhauser

60. Mark Intelmann

Swamp area.

61. Daniel Dumont

62. Bastien Rolf

63. Tobias Berghoff

64. Simon Kranz

65. Guido Neumann

66. Dirk Shumacher

67. Benny Kayser

68. Boris Fornefeld

69. Antonio Bloise

70. Daniel Lieske

Desert Area

71. Andreas Muller

72. Felix Schuller

73. Dag Winderlich

Forest area including Na Fian

74. Maxmillian Mantz

75. Stefan Maton

76. Simon Voelker (in a mine)

77. Ralph Roder (in a cave)

78. Alexander Conde (Boathouse Key quest is required to find him. Earthlord quest is helpful)

Dryad Island

79. Janina Gerards

80. Ralph Rudiger

81. Christiane Clarenbach

82. Morris Rohle

83. Hoa Tu Ngoc

84. Marcus Haeublein

85. Sebastian Walter

Wastelands

86. Christian Altrogge

87. Mario Endlich

88. Sebastien Fleer

89. Frank Lunnebach

For all classes, I recommend picking up the "Hunting Highwaymen" quest at the Brigand Camp and the "Four Yellow Feet" quest at Happy Cow Farm before starting any of the quests in Sloeford. Feel free to complete any other quests you want to on the way.

If you start out at Happy Cow Farm, complete the "Four Yellow Feet" quest, follow the road to Sloeford. You enter Sloeford next to the merchant. Go accross the plaza and follow the road out of Sloeford that goes south of the tavern. Follow that road to the Brigand Camp, talk to the guard to start the "Hunting Highwaymen" chain of quests. Head back to Sloeford, hunt highwaymen on the way to get your quota, then talk to the guard outside of Sloeford to complete this quest. Pick up the second quest in the chain, but do not complete it yet.

If you start out at the Brigand Camp, pick up the first quest in the "Hunting Highwaymen" chain and then head into Sloeford, talk to the guard just outside of Sloeford to complete this quest. Then talk to him again to get the next quest. Do not complete this quest yet. Head accross the plaza and follow the road out of Sloeford that is next to the merchant. Go to Happy Cow Farm, complete the "Four Yellow Feet" quest and head back to Sloeford.

Talk to the shopkeeper standing next to the merchant to pick up the Runemaster tutorial quest. He will have a quest marker over his head. He will ask you to rescue his son. If your character is following the Shadow path, you may want to also complete the next stage of the main quest, as that is next to the area where the Runemaster's son is hiding.

After completing this quest, go inside the tavern and talk to Michel to pick up the Blacksmith tutorial quest. Then head to the cave indicated on the map. There are two quests you can work on in this cave, the Blacksmith tutorial and "The Missing Patrol" quest (number 2 in the "Hunting Highwaymen" chain. Clean out this cave and pick up everything you find. Head back to Sloeford, talk to the guard to complete the "The Missing Patrol" quest and talk to him again to start the next quest, "Leader of the Pack". Then head back to the tavern and complete the Blacksmith tutorial quest by talking to Michel. (none of the tutorial quests actually teach anything but you do get experience and items/gold/runes depending on the quest).

If you have not already done so, talk to the village elder to pick up the "Levied Tax" step of the main quest if you are on the light path. If you are on the Shadow path go talk to Inquisitor Tahlreth and pick up the "Thwarted Attack Plans" step of the main quest.

Head out of Sloeford following the road north of the tavern. Talk to the guard standing in front of the bridge. Cross the bridge and follow the road that goes along the river until you meet a guard with a quest indicator over his head. Talk to this guard to pick up the Tutorial Damage Types "Burn Skeletons Burn". Head up into Twainbrook and activate the monolith there.

Go to the indicated cave, take care of the skeletons, the spiders and the kobold, then talk to the guard again to complete the Damage Types tutorial. Activate the "Leaders of the Pack quest" in your log book. Go to the camp indicated on the world map, take out all the bandits and then kill the leader. Go to Sloeford, talk to the guard and complete that chain quest. Teleport back to Twainbrook. Follow the main quest to Thysylium. Follow the road west out of Thysylium towards Teardrop Hamlet. Make sure the portal just outside of Teardrop Hamlet is active. At this point your character will be close to level 10. The enemies on the other side of Teardrop Hamlet leading towards the desert will be at least level 18.

Do not proceed further on this quest at this time unless you are playing a suicidal character. I recommend heading back to Thysylium and either working on quests in that area or following the main quest in order to get more experience under your belt, along with the better equipment you will find. I think this is enough for one post, I will continue in the next post.

Edited by Ysne58
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, very nice Ysne. So this is a guide to completing quests that are along a path towards finding all the Employees? Sounds like quite an efficient route. :agreed:

Ah, very nice Ysne. So this is a guide to completing quests that are along a path towards finding all the Employees? Sounds like quite an efficient route. :agreed:

The guide will include completing quests that are found along the way or nearby. It will also include brief information about the main quest and the two quests that have to be completed to find Jan Walzcak and Alexander Conde.

I will also be encouraging people to look at the map along the way. I don't think I could write a guide that doesn't refer to the map. I'm one of those people who really benefits from both graphics and written descriptions together. Writing it out as I go along actually helps me to make sure I don't miss any employees this time around.

I guess that people will also be able to use it for completing the main quest, since you almost have to do parts of that to be able to get to some of the employees.

ACTIVATE THE SWITCH

The first step in this quest is to click the switch inside a small cave south and east of the Archeologist Camp. You will find the closest portal to this location is the Archeologist Camp.

If you are in bronze, you may want to play through the main quest until you reach this location. By the time you get there, you will be high enough level so that locating the cave is possible.

It is possible to reach this location by following the road out of Teardrop Hamlet. The road goes around a short mountain range and then into the desert. You will go through the city of Khorum, the next stop on the road will be the Archeologist camp. Since you have already activated the portal/gate near Teardrop Hamlet, you can also give this route a try at any time, rather than waiting until you have completed the main quest up to the point where it guides you to the Archeologist camp.

Once you have reached the camp, follow the road south to the river. Turn east and follow the river bank until you cannot go any further. You will need to head north and go around both forest and mountain and then south again to the river. I recommend checking the map often to make sure you are not getting off track. I find it very easy to be going the wrong direction.

Cross the bridge, follow the river west and around til you see the cave. Enter the cave, kill the ghost if you need to, and activate the switch. You will receive the message "Something wonderful has just opened".

Once you leave the cave, you will want to portal to Teardrop Hamlet. That portal is the closest one to the next step in this quest.

FIND THE QUESTGIVER AND GET THE QUEST

Follow the road going southeast out of Teardrop Hamlet. You will need to wade your way through a number of mutated critters in an area filled with ponds of pooling T-energy that is on the south east side of Bluestone Lake. This will take awhile because there are so many of them. I do find myself looking at the map frequently to make sure I am heading in the right direction.

On the east side of these pools about half-way through there is a scientist with a quest mark. If you talk to him, he will ask you to kill some enemies inside a ruins he is standing near. The quest is called "T-energy Soldiers!. To complete the quest, all you need to do is go in and kill the boss and the two champions. They can be tough but this is manageable. This is not a necessary quest.

After you get through this area, you need to head a little further north and east then back south. You will find an area called Libi's Pratfall. Cross over the falls to the other side, there are several bridges. The first employee that you will be talking to after you start the quest is standing on one of the little islands at the top of the falls. His name is Andreas Liebeskind.

Head to the south east part of the last area and you will find a stairway going down to another Temple of the Gods. Go down that stairway, around the temple and over to a bridge. You will need to recross the falls at the bottom again to find the bridge that leads to the entrance to the empty office.

There is a Hydra wandering around outside. You can kill it if you want, or just head into the office. The quest giver will be standing at the end of the hallway just ahead of you. Talk to him to start the quest.

Head back out, recross the falls to the temple, go up the stairs and head back accross to the first employee. Talk to him and then portal back to Teardrop Hamlet.

Edited by Ysne58

Remaining Bluestone Lake area employees.

2. Roger Boerdijk

Follow the road that goes north from the Teardrop Hamlet portal until you reach the fork. Follow the right side fork to the coast of Lake Bluestone. Go through the small portal you find there. Roger Boerdijk will be at the top of the hill. I thought the camper parked up there was a nice touch.

3. Bastian Clarenbach

From the Teardrop Hamlet portal follow the road north to the fork. Follow the left side into and through Sonnenwind and leading northwest from Sonnenwind. When you reach the next forking, follow the road on the right side. Keep going along this road until you come to a little waystop on your right. Bastien Clarnbach is on the northern edge of this waystop.

There are a couple of quests in Sonnenheim and one at this waystop that you can do if you like, but they do not help you find this employee.

4. James Mearmann

After you talk to Bastian, follow the road on around Lake Bluestone until you get to Bluestonbury. Once you reach Bluestonbury, go down to the dock and take the small portal. That portal will take you to an area just east of Bluestonbury. You will find James Mearmann off to your left and sort of up hill from where you land after taking the small portal. He is between where you land and the river that is between this new location and Bluestonbury.

5. Janos Toth

Portal back to Teardrop Hamlet. Follow the road west toward Blessed Rock Manor. Take the road that leads south just before you get to the river. He will be near the farmstead to your right as you head south on that road.

6. Uygar Kalem

You will find Uygar at Blessed Rock Manor. Just head back up to the road after you talk to Janos Toth and west until you get to the manor. It will be a short distance on the other side of that river. Go onto the grounds and toward the northern end of the manor.

7. Lars Hammer

From Teardrop Hamlet, follow the road north and west past Sonnenwind. Follow the northward fork when you reach the first forking of the road past Sonnenwind. Keep going north until the road forks again. Take the left fork and follow that west until you come to a point where you can turn north. You will be just south of Ghargadok's Destiny Digging Site. This employee is on the other side of a bridge that goes over a ravine.

Edited by Ysne58

Writeup is looking great Ysne. I can see all kinds of changes each time I visit this page. If you like I can merge posts for you here. Just let me know which ones and it can easily be done. ;)

I was separating them out to help me keep the info straight. If you want to go ahead and merge after I have filled a section in be my guest.

I'm in the hospital because I developed diabetic ketoacidosis and am getting treated for that. I will be at least 3 days before I'm back home where I have the game installed.

I will be ok, I came in to the er as soon as I started noticing that something was really wrong.

Yikes, that's kinda scary. I'm glad you were aware enough of the early signs Ysne. Letting that go for too long... Well, you know more than I do. Rest up Ysne. :)

As for the post merging and whatnot I'll wait and see if you think you need it. To be clear though I only wanted to offer my services if needed. I think the way you're doing is just fine. I just wasn't sure what your plans for this guide will be.

Thanks Spunky and Schot.

It looks like I will be going home tomorrow. I am really thankful that I completed that DBT Skills training course in 2008 and continue to use the skills I learned. The next step in the process I developed while going through that course was to go into ER if I had sudden mental health changes. I very definitely was not rational at the time, so was following that proceess and did go into the ER. I did really need to be in ER. This program, which was developed by Marsha Linnehan, really does work.

As far as the descriptive guide goes, my first goal is to get the description written up. After that I will look at getting it into a format for the wiki. I'm open to suggestions as to what might work best.

I am also really glad I can have my laptop here and am able to use their guest network. I would really be going nuts if I could not get online.

• 3 weeks later...

Sloeford/Western Tyrlysia

Teleport to Sloeford. Take the road south towards Happy Cow farm. Head west along the shore line.

8. Steve Manekeller

You will find Steve Manekeller standing on a small hill overlooking the shoreline just before the first river crossing. After you talk to this employee I recommend proceeding along the coast until you come to a small fishing village. Save at the soul (resurrection) stone.

9. Stefan Ruthenberg (Pirates map and pirates treasure quests)

In order to find Stefan Ruthenberg, you need to go through a cave and out the other end. The easiest way to find the right cave is to complete the quest involving the pirate map. There are two guards standing to the north of that fishing village. In order to get the right quest for finding this employee, walk past the first guard and accept the quest from the guard just north of the first guard. The quest is a multi-step quest and the last part of it will take you to the right cave. The official title of the first quest is Captain Bloodtongue.

You can also find the key to the portal for the Legendary Pirate's Treasure quest on this section of beach.

10. Anett Bolke (go after the White Griffen)

Anett Bolke is at the northern end of Western Tyr Lysia. I recommend following the road north. There are several quests you can pick up on the way if you like. You will find her in the northern most goblin camp (it might be a kobold camp. I have trouble telling the difference). If you want to take a short cut, there is a one way small portal in the Valley of the Seraphim that takes you up to the Celestial Dome.

Edited by Ysne58
  • 1 month later...

I am finally starting to feel better. I am just starting to get back into Sacred 2 and Underworld. It's really amazing how out of control blood sugars can take all my energy away.

Thanks everyone. The post for the Western Tyr Lysia employees is now complete. I may need to do some minor editing as I continue through this guide. I just completed finding Steve Manekeller this time through.

Edited by Ysne58
I am finally starting to feel better. I am just starting to get back into Sacred 2 and Underworld. It's really amazing how out of control blood sugars can take all my energy away.

It`s wondeful seeing you back cath... on the boards and wiki with vigor ...

:oooo:

gogo

Thanks Gogo. I am glad to be feeling better. I made one last edit to the Western Tyr Lysia( I think I'm spelling that wrong) list. On to Thysylium.

Thysylium and surrounding up to Clearview

11. Melanie Thieman (crop circle quest)

From Twainbrook head generally north east. This location is almost straight north from the Thysylium portal. The location is north of the goblin camp that is part of the Shadow path main quest.

The easiest way to find Melanie is to follow the walkthrough directions for the crop circle quest. She is near the location for that quest.

12. Elvin Mehmedagic

This employee is a little way south and west of Melanie Thieman. I sometimes talk to him on my way to talk to Melanie Thieman and other times talk to him on the way back to Thysylium.

The following are all directions from the Thysylium portal.

13. Ralph Armen Boettcher

This employee is located south and west of the portal. He is in a house overlooking the port. If you have not already activated the ship/port, this would be a good time to do so.

14. Anca Adelina Finta

This employee is in a townhouse just south of the portal. She is west of the building the council meets in and east of what I think of as the university headquarters. You need to go inside and then up the stairs to find her.

15. Mark Kieschke

Mark Kieschke is inside the council chambers. You will find that building south and slightly east of the Thysylium portal.

16. Steffen Schulze

Steffen Schulze is standing on a small patio like structure that is a little further south and east of Mark Kieschke.

17. Enrico Ausborn

Enrico Ausborn is standing in an almost gazebo like structure just outside the Temple of the Gods that is on an island in a lake called the Sea of Heavens. This lake is outside of Thysylium to the south and east. It is a bit tricky to get to. I have to keep looking back and forth between the map in order to navigate that area.

18. Betina Wegner (go inside the temple and grab the easter eggs on the floor in the ne corner)

Betina Wegner is standing outside the Temple of the Gods on the western side. You can start the Easter Egg quest by going inside the that temple and picking up the eggs which are on the floor in the northeast corner. Another employee is near the end point of the Easter Egg quest.

Edited by Ysne58
  • 2 weeks later...

The Thysylium area list of employees is now complete. On to Clearview.

Make sure you pick up the part of the main quest located in Thysylium before heading to Clearview. You find the start to the Blind Guardian Quest just past the river crossing and before Clearview. If you haven't already done this one, you can get some nice equipment.

Clearview to Dragonmaw Pass

19. Carolyn Hacker

Carolyn Hacker is standing just outside the Runemaster's House.

20. Eric Lamberts

You will find Eric Lamberts standing near one of Blind Guardian's fans. I like waiting to do this quest until I go looking for him, because doing this quest makes him easier to find. Just head north from Cearview and he will be standing in an undead camp west of the road.

Edited by Ysne58

Nice work! You just got me thinking... maybe I should see if I could drag up info on what all the employees who were in this quest were doing for Ascaron at the time the game came out? hmmm... could be good Easter Egg info.

:drool:

gogo

Nice work! You just got me thinking... maybe I should see if I could drag up info on what all the employees who were in this quest were doing for Ascaron at the time the game came out? hmmm... could be good Easter Egg info.

:drool:

gogo

Wow! That is a fantastic idea.

Has anyone tried this quest in Ice and Blood? Does the blue arrow show where next person is in quest?

Just curious if the fact they are circled immediately now actually helps with quest or was just a great way to break the normal quest tracking system. Sure, its nice to see them on map but now whenever I finish a quest, game is more likely to put focus on a staff circle rather than an active quest marker. Or is that just me?

I like how these forums spell out expansion name if I just use initials :P

Edited by colif
Has anyone tried this quest in Ice and Blood? Does the blue arrow show where next person is in quest?

Just curious if the fact they are circled immediately now actually helps with quest or was just a great way to break the normal quest tracking system. Sure, its nice to see them on map but now whenever I finish a quest, game is more likely to put focus on a staff circle rather than an active quest marker. Or is that just me?

I like how these forums spell out expansion name if I just use initials :D

I find those circles distracting too. The quest arrow definitely gets messed up. It doesn't seem to matter which version of Sacred 2 is being used either, cause I've worked on this quest on every version since 2.40 and had problems with that. I'm writing down this guide as I go so that it will be easier for me to repeat if I want to do that.