Buying/building a new PC

Knuckles

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's all put together.........................

And no smoking, beeping, clanking, crunching, or anything.....booted right to the BIOS screen :)

As much as I would like to continue, It's getting late and I have to work tomorrow (only a 1/2 day) so I'm stopping for tonight. Makes more sense to make a fresh start tomorrow when I'm not tired. I will attempt to post a pic or 2 before going to bed if my new camera doesn't give me a hard time

pc001.jpg

pc014.jpg

And no smoking, beeping, clanking, crunching, or anything.....booted right to the BIOS screen :)

As much as I would like to continue, It's getting late and I have to work tomorrow (only a 1/2 day) so I'm stopping for tonight. Makes more sense to make a fresh start tomorrow when I'm not tired. I will attempt to post a pic or 2 before going to bed if my new camera doesn't give me a hard time

pc001.jpg

pc014.jpg

Lookin good!

1. Nice work there Knuckles :) good luck on getting everything sorted now!

2. SPDIF cable is there so sound can travel trough HDMI/DVI. Otherwise, you'll not get sound when you connect a TV through HDMI/DVI.

This is where ATI differs from Nvidia: ATI cards have an audio chip onboard, no connecting wires or anything.

If you want to use the cable, you need to connect it to your sound card, not to your motherboard.

I've had a pretty bad experience with that, actually, so I will not bother to try and get it working. It had to do with the type of HDMI connection on my TV, it would only take analog audio and the sound coming from SPDIF is digital...

Edited by Timotheus

And no smoking, beeping, clanking, crunching, or anything.....booted right to the BIOS screen :D

pc001.jpg

pc014.jpg

Wow!

That is so so cool! It looks like Crystal Palace from Wargames!

war1.jpg

*high fives*

:)

gogo

I loved War Games when it came out..."A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess? ?"

I have to admit I got the keyboard and mouse primarily based on the blue lighting on them :)

Guess I'll ignore the SPDIF wire as I most likely won't be connecting the TV up to the PC. Hopefully all the software installs without a prob. Can't wait to see Sacred on the highest settings. Will be like playing a new game. (No more lowest settings and 25fps max ever again)

I loved War Games when it came out..."A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess? ?"

I have to admit I got the keyboard and mouse primarily based on the blue lighting on them :D

Guess I'll ignore the SPDIF wire as I most likely won't be connecting the TV up to the PC. Hopefully all the software installs without a prob. Can't wait to see Sacred on the highest settings. Will be like playing a new game. (No more lowest settings and 25fps max ever again)

When you get ready, follow this post on installing Sacred2. it will save you much time and trouble. It words with the existing software you have for Sacred. and Don't forget to open and close your toons in 2.43 that you had from pre Ice and Blood before you install Ice and Blood.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13373#

Got it up and running, just got to re-install all the software. Only two probs thru the whole thing. One is my fault ordering the wrong cooler, but the keyboard also had several dead keys. So no pretty blue lights from that for a week or so. Time permitting I'll slap Sacred 2 into this thing and give it a go later though wrapping presents may be what I'm doing all night.

Finally got Sacred 2 loaded and went on-line with max settings (including elite gfx)

All I can say is WOW !

Like a whole new game...caught myself just staring out into the harbor in Thylysium.

Best thing is I can play Kami again !! :drinks:

I'm liking my xmas present to myself lol :)

Might have to go d/l Fraps unless the GTX card has a utility for it. Any particular spot you want ? And remember I'm coming from minimum settings, no grass and 25 fps on a good day here :)

I'll post a couple pics tomorrow err later today (almost 2am here). Just had to play before going to bed.

edit: too tired to look but has anyone figured out how to increase max zoom? I know it's been discussed but forget if there's a way to do it.

Oh the new pc is all alight eh. Gratz on your new toy Knuckles! Now download Xfire for easy video capturing so we can see yer uber graphics in all it's glory. :)

P.s.

I wouldn't bother with fraps... Xfire is waaay easier. As for Max Zoom out there are new camera options in the game's menu. Try using the sliders to see if it does what you need and if not we can then try some tweaking. :drinks:

camerasettings.jpg

Ty Schot :closedeyes:

Just what I was looking for ( I had forgotten about that thread)

And a pic for Spunky

shadowwarrior.jpg

hollee mollee

what are your settings set at to get image like that? Are you actually able to run all on high with full AA times four?

:o

gogo

Ty Schot :)

Just what I was looking for ( I had forgotten about that thread)

And a pic for Spunky

shadowwarrior.jpg

hollee mollee

what are your settings set at to get image like that? Are you actually able to run all on high with full AA times four?

:o

gogo

It was on 'highest quality', 2AA and Physx on. Haven't tried 4AA yet. Just wait til I get some cool looking gear :closedeyes: I wasn't even looking for a good place to take a pic.

Will try 4AA in a few minutes. Haven't had any lag yet but the game freezes/closes on me randomly. Hopefully I can find the issue

Another quick photo

seraphim-1.jpg

k...one more (having too much fun :) all settings maxed)

sera2-1.jpg

Well done with the new puter knuckles.

Its great when everything falls into place.......and a real nightmare when it doesn't....been there, done that :)

Sacred 2 is looking pretty mean there mate. :closedeyes:

Are you playing the Ice and Blood servers?

I have been online most nights but I haven't seen anyone I know online. :o

@knuckles: Is it just me or do the signs in your seraphim's flaring nova pic all have the same text for any direction

@stubbie: I think we are all on the Ice and Blood servers nowadays, I havent being playing much this week cos of work and xmas, but should be able to rack up some time over the next couple of weeks.

I love the pics Knuckles! I am curious about numbers.

Actual CPU speed? base clock, multiplyer, memory speed. CPU temps, all that good stuff.

FPS at those settings?

If ASUS ships with a OC tuner like ASRock did, you can see most all of those from this little gem. I also like a little program called cpu64 I got from cpuid. has cool numbers in it for reference