Flooxim

2012%20Movie%20Poster.jpg

Saw it last night, quite a long movie (~160 minutes), but it was pretty good.

Some people said it was too long, but I thought it was ok. I went through different kinds of emotions during this movie.

But the real question is (if we're allowed to discuss about it) :

Does it mean that because they made a movie about it (the end of the world) we need to believe in the end of the world, since there's been a lot of discussion / documentaries about this event?

Tell us what you think.

If this kind of discussion is not allowed here, some Mod/Admin could remove the forbidden parts.

Max

The world isnt likely to end.. Nor are we likely to end.

We are however very likely to totaly fark ourselves. I think 3000 years from now people will dig up our remains and see how we died and laugh thier arses off.. if they still have arses.

I just hope a good disaster movie is made about how we went splat... One with plenty of explosions and violence and nudity and sex and all that good stuff.

The end of the world is the most prophesized event in human history, also the one that has yet to happen and probably never will. There are tons of theories and people jumping to conclusions. I say if it ends, it ends and probably by a meteor or being in aim of a solar gamma ray cannon (experts deemed a system near us has capability of turning into a ray spewing cannon named a quazar.) as for the movie..it was GREAATTTTT

The Mayan 2012 end of the world was actually supposed to happen at 2003 or so... but nothing happened so they moved it to 2012 ;)

When nothing happens in 2012 they will claim some mistake in interpreting the "prophecies", and move it to another date, like 2021.

The Mayan 2012 end of the world was actually supposed to happen at 2003 or so... but nothing happened so they moved it to 2012 :gun2:

When nothing happens in 2012 they will claim some mistake in interpreting the "prophecies", and move it to another date, like 2021.

;) Exactly

They speculate people something to believe or talk about for a long time, and while everyone is busy talking about it, politicians robs the people ;)

It's an interesting question Max. ;)

Movies like this engage us on a very deep level. Where many movies focus on an aspect that may only interest a portion of the population 2012 probably has mass appeal simple for the fact that it's focus is something we all have a stake in. The entire planet and humanity along with it. It's a scary idea.

I remember reading about doomsday phenomenon a while back. I wish I could find that article again but the basic point of the article is for as long as events have been written about there have been doomsday scenarios. Supposedly it is a fascination the human race has. To indulge our imagination with horrible end of the world ideas. Not everyone creates these ideas of total annihilation but when talked about there sure are a lot of people who want to know more. I confess it often gets the better of me. Except when aliens are involved. That's just silly. ^^

2012 looks like an amazing movie. Sadly, for doomsayers, Nasa has canceled the previously scheduled 2012 plans to end the world.

Interesting Facts:

2012 is a notable year in that it is in 2012 that the Mayan Calendar ends.

The Mayan Calendar is sometimes referred to as the long count calendar

The reason why the Mayan Calendar ends on December 21, 2012 is because after a long life of counting out the days of the calendar the inventor of the calendar sytem finally died of old age...

^^

Why would anyone need to believe in something just because Hollywood made some movie?

I said the same thing about 'The Passion of Chirst' or whatever that movie was. The bottom line is, most people will believe anything if you throw some emotion into it (fear) and make it sound like a good story.

Interesting Facts:

2012 is a notable year in that it is in 2012 that the Mayan Calendar ends.

The Mayan Calendar is sometimes referred to as the long count calendar

The reason why the Mayan Calendar ends on December 21, 2012 is because after a long life of counting out the days of the calendar the inventor of the calendar sytem finally died of old age...

^^

The mayan calendar is supposed to end on the moment that the sun,moon, earth and the middle of the milky way are on 1 single straigth line. So for that reason people could say it isn't 2012 but 2021, and it doesn't say the end of the world, just the end of this "sun", wich means the reign of humanity *should* end, because of (self) destruction, or evolving into something better/worse, it was the same (the mayans say so) for the previous 4 suns, but for some weird reason they didn't even make any bit of calender past the 5th sun, so from that fact people derive that the world will end then... wich is most probably wrong (there is always a chance the world may cease to exist on every single day( for example by means of some weird alien race who thinks that the solar system looks like a dirty spot on their space maps, and who coincidentally have the power of just blowing the whole thing up...)I know pretty extremely low chance, but it does exist, you can't give me proof that I'm wrong on this one ;) )

*moves back into lurking mode*

Another reason their calendar ends might be a lack of material they wrote the calendar on.

If a caveman has to carve each calendar day on a bit of stone, how far do you think he'll go before saying "dude, f*** this!".

I know pretty extremely low chance, but it does exist, you can't give me proof that I'm wrong on this one ;) )

Ah, I love that classic logic. If something can't be proved WRONG, then it must be right. ha ha. :gun2:

(I know you were just joking on that point, not trying to start an arguement)

Edited by ws5926

Heya,

read something in the paper a few days ago.... seems that Jehova's witnesses have predicted the 'end of days' 5 or 6 times now... they have also stopped predicting some time ago.

There's all kind of ideas on the subject that are all to real tho... sun burning up, polar caps melting....

I am not a person that tends to believe in these kind of predictions tho.

I will however go and see this movie soon ;)

Greetz