Won't happen in 2009 but 2010 may be the year

About 27 years ago, as part of an assignment in creative writing, I wrote an open-ended story. I got a good grade and put it away. But the seeds were already sown and two years later(18 years old) I started to get the urge to write. I penned a number of short stories and tried to publish them in various mags without luck.

But that single chapter was always there, tugging at my mind. I pulled it out at 21 and finished it. I declared it crap and placed it in a box for later polishing. Well real life came with it's hardships and good times and the manuscript was lost.

But the core of the story was safe in my mind. Well I've been working on it in, on and off, since then. The story has changed from the hack and slash story of a warrior family going back in time to prevent the war the destroys the earth, to a discovery tale of a young man(still a warrior) trying to find love(while still managing to kick a little but), avenge the death of his mother all while being sucked into a web of lies built by the people he loves most in world--his own parents.

I've suffered from extreme writer's block as of late, but these past few weeks, the wall has come crumbling down and the ideas are coming. I hope to have a printable manuscript by mid 2010. After that. . . . I imagine that I will try to market the story, but the greatest joy for me will be in it's completion. If all else fails, I'll pay to have a few copies made.

Must feel good to get rid of that kind of blockage, like getting rid of constipation. Must be a great feeling to be back in creative form. I seem to remember rediscovering writing poetry at about your age. Great. Get it finished this time!

In due course I will be around to ask "emma chizit?"

Edited by Bondbug

Well if the book launches & gets super popular (which it will!) then I want a signed collector's copy with authentic coffee stains please!

Glad you found a whole flood of ideas, I hope you have the time to grab em all, punch em in the fase & stuff em on a paper :thumbsup:

Good luck & have fun writing!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Edited by Chareos Rantras
Well if the book launches & gets super popular (which it will!) then I want a signed collector's copy with authentic coffee stains please!

Glad you found a whole flood of ideas, I hope you have the time to grab em all, punch em in the fase & stuff em on a paper :P

Good luck & have fun writing!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

This (couldn't have said it better myself)

Good luck Sil

May the Gods of Imagination and Creativity be with You on your Quest

Being a designer, I know all about creativity blocks. I feel your pain!

Congratulations about getting back on track, best of luck with getting published.

Being a designer, I know all about creativity blocks. I feel your pain!

It's only when you stop banging your head against the wall that you feel the pain - not sure you can do that for someone else :)