Pyromancer High Elf Shopper Build

Hi all,

I have spent the better part of a week now researching various HE builds and the pros/cons of each type. Various sources have noted that ice builds are flawed on console (due to poor targetting), and as such I am almost completely sold on a Pyromancer build.

I have based a lot of my setup on the 'High Elf Pyromancer Valuable Shopper Build' by MasonIsAJar on the PS3Trophies forum. I am pretty sure there are no differences between the Xbox/PS3 versions, so this build should be exactly the same on 360.

I want to build this character to be my shopper, so I need her to be solid and capable of surviving to Niob. I don't intend on dying if possible, but being that I'm playing on console it isn't the end of the world.

So I have started the toon, but since I was unsure how I wanted this build to go together I have only spent a single point in Concentration (because I know I'll want 2 buffs at some point). She is currently at level 7, so I have 2 skill choices to make and 8 points to spend. I also haven't eaten any runes.

So that all said, my current plan is (roughly in order):

Combat Arts

• Ancestral Fireball (pre defined) - [Explosion, Fusillade, Hot Pursuit]
  • Blazing Tempest - [scorch, Conflagration, Ambition]
  • Incendiary Shower - [skull Smash, Smoking Rock, Devastation]
  • Incandescent Skin (Buff) - [Combusting Arrows, Revenge, Arrant Pyromancer Expertise]
  • Grand Invigoration (Buff) - [Arrant Pyromancer Expertise, Replenish, Resilience]
  • Shadow Step - [Phase Shift, Sanctuary, Mend]

I have only picked 6 Combat Art's at this point. Can someone confirm how badly Incandescent Skin will influence the regeneration times for Delphic Arcania? If it isn't too bad, I will likely pick Magic Coup, Expulse Magic and then Fire Demon (assuming I take Concentration to mastery).

Skills

• Concentration
  • Arrant Pyromancer Lore
  • Arrant Pyromancer Focus
  • Bargaining
  • Enhanced Perception
  • Armor Lore
  • Delphic Arcania Focus
  • Constitution
  • Shield Lore
  • Ancient Magic

Opinions on this order? Am I leaving Armor Lore too late? I can probably swap it with EP. I was also wondering if it would be ill advised to take Bargaining before AP Lore/Focus?

Attributes

I have been putting all my attribute points into Intelligence for now and I'll probably eventually put some into Stamina (for better regen) and potentially Vitality.

Now, I have a couple of questions.

Do you think this have the survivability I need? Although the guide this is based on is incredibly well written, I am not sure the writer has taken it as far as I am hoping to.

Should I get AP Lore/Focus up a bit before I start pumping Bargaining? If I put all the points I currently have into Bargaining (I know this is not a great plan, she's squishy/weak enough as it is!) would I be able to buy enough gear to keep me going until I can get some more points together to up my offensive skills?

What do you think? Do you see room for improvement/changes?

Thanks!

I'd drop EP and get ice focus. frosty skin is just too nice in some places ESPECIALLY the orc cave. All that physical resistance is very yummy. The orcs only do physical damage, no more need to run away, just go in and whale on them.

EP isn't that great. you'll get tons of items anyway from normal hunting, minibosss hunting (for sets) and shopping.

Plus, you can modify cascading shroud with ice focus too. Ep was my only skill choice regret on my level 88 niob pyromancer shopper. Wish I had picked ice focus instead.

If you're alergic to the idea of ice focus, get combat discipline or delphic lore instead.

Edited by ka243

EP is only nice if you build sets to take advantage of it. If you're not willing to build a +chance to find valuables set and a +xp per kill set then consider not taking it, as ka243 said, you can farm uniques quite easily without it.

Also check out Dobri's HE build here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9395

It sounds very much like the build you're basing your HE off of. Dobri provides some very good details about everything so maybe that will help you. I'm using that same build for my shopper and to be honest, it's a glass cannon. That's fine with me because I'm just looking to get a shopper up to 140ish asap but if you're trying to go "console hardcore" with the build you might be better off changing the build or just hang out in each difficulty a bit longer. The biggest defense I've seen so far in this build is the sheer killing power.

Ice skin and a nicely modded cascading should will make you a lot less fragile. For situational use of course especially as an ORK KILLERZZZ :) which is where I do most power levelling

Edited by ka243

Only problem I have with Crystal Skin is that you can't use Incandescent Skin with it so it kills a lot of your damage potential. The orcs drop more than enough health potions so I prefer to just chain chug them and kill the orcs faster. Then again, this is just a shopper to me, I couldn't care less if she dies a couple of times along the way.

I'd drop EP and get ice focus. frosty skin is just too nice in some places ESPECIALLY the orc cave. All that physical resistance is very yummy. The orcs only do physical damage, no more need to run away, just go in and whale on them.

EP isn't that great. you'll get tons of items anyway from normal hunting, minibosss hunting (for sets) and shopping.

Plus, you can modify cascading shroud with ice focus too. Ep was my only skill choice regret on my level 88 niob pyromancer shopper. Wish I had picked ice focus instead.

If you're alergic to the idea of ice focus, get combat discipline or delphic lore instead.

I did consider this idea, I am just worried about spreading myself too thin trying to pick all three aspects. I am also unsure about having to mod up a buff I won't be using all the time. If I was going to do this, which 'skin' would be more useful early on?

EP is only nice if you build sets to take advantage of it. If you're not willing to build a +chance to find valuables set and a +xp per kill set then consider not taking it, as ka243 said, you can farm uniques quite easily without it.

Also check out Dobri's HE build here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9395

It sounds very much like the build you're basing your HE off of. Dobri provides some very good details about everything so maybe that will help you. I'm using that same build for my shopper and to be honest, it's a glass cannon. That's fine with me because I'm just looking to get a shopper up to 140ish asap but if you're trying to go "console hardcore" with the build you might be better off changing the build or just hang out in each difficulty a bit longer. The biggest defense I've seen so far in this build is the sheer killing power.

Thanks for the link, I have read Dobri's build (even though the lack of spacing makes my eyes hurt :P). I am not set on the hardcore play style, I just noticed a massive difference in the number of uniques/sets I have picked up when keeping my survival bonus as high as possible.

Only problem I have with Crystal Skin is that you can't use Incandescent Skin with it so it kills a lot of your damage potential. The orcs drop more than enough health potions so I prefer to just chain chug them and kill the orcs faster. Then again, this is just a shopper to me, I couldn't care less if she dies a couple of times along the way.
I tend to agree with this, but I can see the potential CS has.

Ep is best used on a hunting char id suggest either combat disc to up damage a bit so you get to level whatever faster or delphic lore so you can use the delphic attacks and get more oomph out of your buff.
Thanks, you're probably right. I definitely think I'll give EP a miss.