Crystal Planes

Furian67

I believe the Crystal Plains are still bugged for the immediate False death. Was running my level 65 Shadow Warrior in here. Doing the 10:00 minute timed quest to kill 31 bears or wolves. Got that done with 6 minutes left. Had a huge mob surrounding me. Started to have some issues with targeting. Maybe because I was in a low ditch. Anyway I had an immediate death. After my heart stopped beating so fast I used task manager to exit game. Restarted Sacred and my Shadow Warrior was still alive. I tested the death on a level 1 toon and used the task manager to quit again. This time I came in and that level 1 test was indeed dead. So that has to mean that the immediate false death bug is still there.

Strange. I still have yet to experience the insta death. I did spend a fair bit of time there with gogo a while back. I wonder if this could be quest related. As in if a particular quest is active then this can happen.

Try out the fight in the arena quest if you want to see this bug, I remember I "died" when the boar like creatures attacked me.

Edited by Spunky

First time it happened to me I wasn't doing a quest. Second time I was doing a quest. Don't know if this bug happens on LAN. My bugs where on closed net multi with Shadow Warrior

Does it matter which character you play. Furian's is Shadow Warrior

I have experienced the bug with a temple guardian myself. I have seen videos posted on SIF of it happening to a Seraphim and have read about it happening to a dryad. I do not think it matters what character you play.

I have played around in the Crystal Region with a Shadow Warrior and a HE, and have never experienced this bug with my Pyromancer HE, maybe it's something related to melee attacks?

I have played around in the Crystal Region with a Shadow Warrior and a HE, and have never experienced this bug with my Pyromancer HE, maybe it's something related to melee attacks?

Woot! my new character is a Pyromancer HE. Maybe no bug for me. Although I have been hit with the bug when not fighting anything at all. My current conspiracy theory is that it has something to do with the destructable crystals.

You may be on to something there as I can slightly remember that I was near one of those crystals when the bug did occur.

My crazy theory is that the "instant RIP" occurs from the game suddenly taking into account a bunch of attacks from these crystals all at once. When I saw in the patch notes that the crystals will now attack you I thought that maybe the bug was fixed but apparently I am wrong. Do the crystals now attack us (I lost my temple guardian before the patch so I can't test with him and my HE is not ready to venture to the crystal plain, I guess I could test with my temple guardian mule)?

Edited by Ansgar
Try out the fight in the arena quest if you want to see this bug, I remember I "died" when the boar like creatures attacked me.

Ah interesting. I had done that quest actually and with both an Shadow Warrior and an HE at that. I didn't experience experience a death but if I recall correctly I'm pretty sure the boars had a nasty reflect. I'll have to check them again to be sure.

I am sure that it wasn't reflect that took me down, 45K HP in one swoop without displaying the damage numbers on the screen, and that the mount died and was resurrected when I loaded the game again.

And I remember that I was close to the crystal in the middle of the arena when it happened so maybe try standing close to it while fighting could give the false death.

I'll give that a try Spunky. I just did the Arena quest but I'll try it again standing mostly next to the crystal in the middle. What difficulty did it happen to you in?

As a side note I'm only now seeing that the crystals throughout the area can leech life % and debuff.

Niob.

I haven't been to the Crystal area since before the patch, I don't think I ever saw one of the crystal doing any damage to me nor any debuffing.

Ok, tried Niob and yup. It's definitely possible that the boars reflect could kill. With a multi hit like Scything against a mob of boars I nearly went bye bye in Niob. Granted it was a combination of receiving damage from the mob plus my reflected damage which seemed to be about 2-3K per. My health is about 43K. Then again, in my case I saw the damage numbers and the whole bit. I've been testing in LAN so I guess I should switch to MP.

Tough one to figure out.

P.s.

I might be wrong about debuffing crystals... I'll have to test more closely again. So far I've found Leech crystals and Stun crystals.

The glitch hit my HE twice in 10 minutes. both times it killed my mount and left me frozen. I was in the quest to kill bears for protection and breeding I think. no crystals close by but there were boars.

• 6 months later...

That bug is still there, was running through the plains with my seraphim on bronze, SC. Fought a crystal wolf no other monsters near and no crystals. Was with full health und puff suddenly dead. The game also doesn't resurect you eaither, have to quit and restart the game, happened a few times now.

• 1 year later...