How to avoid corrupted accounts?

Considering an xbox live gold account again. I had some questions since I heard about people with corrupted accounts..

How can you avoid getting corrupted accounts on xbox live?

For example, if someone gives me a duped item will my account be corrupted?

If yes, how do I know whether the item was duped or not and how can I avoid this?

Any other things in particular that do corrupt your account and how to avoid this?

Is it possible to accidentally duplicate an item or do anything else that would corrupt the account?

Don't want to lose a level 200 character over soething stupid.

Edited by ka243
Considering an xbox live gold account again. I had some questions since I heard about people with corrupted accounts..

How can you avoid getting corrupted accounts on xbox live?

For example, if someone gives me a duped item will my account be corrupted?

If yes, how do I know whether the item was duped or not and how can I avoid this?

Any other things in particular that do corrupt your account and how to avoid this?

Is it possible to accidentally duplicate an item or do anything else that would corrupt the account?

Don't want to lose a level 200 character over soething stupid.

no worries over items, the only item that can corrupt your character is 2x lightsabres dual wielded with a very high attack speed, and even that is a low chance. and as for duplicating, the main thing to corrupt characters is something happening during saving, ex. crashing during a save, dissconnecting during a save, turning off the console or pulling the memory card during a save. other then that

On single player, if you die, you can go to dashboard to avoid having the death saved and losing the survival bonus. if you do this in multiplayer, it will corrupt the account?

Going to the dashboard during a save in single player is also known to have a chance to corrupt your save file.