Melee Dryad DW Builds

-Aerows-

I'm interested in starting a Dryad, and while I am aware of the Intelligence/DW Staves build, I was looking for something a bit different. I know Ancient Bark is a must have buff, but I've just gotten started with Sacred 2. I was an avid Sacred and UW player, but I had too many things going on when Sacred 2 hit to really play. Now I am picking it back up, and I must say, this game so far is fantastic. I also have the new expansion to go along with it, but the Dryad is the character that most interests me.

I was interested to hear how a DW build based on using Darting Assault/Ancient Bark might pan out, and what skills I may benefit from. Since I would like to also have some decent shopping skills, I will be taking the Enhanced Perception/Bargaining line, too.

I'm interested in starting a Dryad, and while I am aware of the Intelligence/DW Staves build, I was looking for something a bit different. I know Ancient Bark is a must have buff, but I've just gotten started with Sacred 2. I was an avid Sacred and UW player, but I had too many things going on when Sacred 2 hit to really play. Now I am picking it back up, and I must say, this game so far is fantastic. I also have the new expansion to go along with it, but the Dryad is the character that most interests me.

I was interested to hear how a DW build based on using Darting Assault/Ancient Bark might pan out, and what skills I may benefit from. Since I would like to also have some decent shopping skills, I will be taking the Enhanced Perception/Bargaining line, too.

This just off the top of my head, but based on a dual wield/ dagger build. the double d's girl. untested but I think very playable

2. Tactics lore keep at Char level

3. Magic staffs keep at Char level

5. Nature Focus- to mod Ancient Bark, Tangled Vines, Golden Glade touch)

8. Enhanced Perception 5 points to unlock Bargaining

12. Cap Hunter Focus- to mod Ravaged impact-Darting Assault

18. Spell Resistance 5 poinst to unlock Armor Lore, constitution

25 Bargaining

35. Armor Lore

50. Dual Wield 1 point only( can move this up earlier but I used a shield in off hand for first several levels)

65. Constitution

I used Ravaged impact, and darting assault for melee. Tangled Vine/GGT combo for bosses and champs. Regen per hit will help with regen times

Or an alternative fro stronger/earlier Bargaining

2. Enhanced Perception 5 points to unlock Bargaining

3. Tactics lore keep at Char level

5. Bargaining

8. Dual Wield 1 point only( can move this up earlier but I used a shield in off hand for first several levels)

12. Nature Focus- to mod Ancient Bark, Tangled Vines, Golden Glade touch)

18. Spell Resistance 5 poinst to unlock Armor Lore, constitution

25. Cap Hunter Focus- to mod Ravaged impact-Darting Assault

35. Armor Lore

50. Magic staffs keep at Char level

65. Constitution

You dont need to use staffs, I think loco only suggested it cos they are more useful if youre going to be using the spells from the Nature Weaver aspect because they are all about spell bonuses and stuff. However, if you just want to go pure melee you can stick with dual wield alone and use whatever weapons you want, removing the need for 2 of those skills, nature weaver focus and magic staffs meaning you can pick something like combat discipline for the regen, combat reflexes for the evade bonuses or even a weapon skill if you want to. Personally I'd drop spell resistance and pick the three ive suggested here mainly because there isnt as much enemy magic as melee so spell resistance isnt as important I figure. Up to you though. Hope all of this helps :devil:

You dont need to use staffs, I think loco only suggested it cos they are more useful if youre going to be using the spells from the Nature Weaver aspect because they are all about spell bonuses and stuff. However, if you just want to go pure melee you can stick with dual wield alone and use whatever weapons you want, removing the need for 2 of those skills, nature weaver focus and magic staffs meaning you can pick something like combat discipline for the regen, combat reflexes for the evade bonuses or even a weapon skill if you want to. Personally I'd drop spell resistance and pick the three ive suggested here mainly because there isnt as much enemy magic as melee so spell resistance isnt as important I figure. Up to you though. Hope all of this helps ;)

It does, and thank you for more alternatives :devil:.

Reducing regen times was pretty much king in Sacred 1, so it's good to hear that it is still useful in Sacred 2. More defense is also good, too.

If you dont know, what combat discipline does is (unmastered) reduce the regen of a combo by 10% so if you have one ability in the combo then it regens 10% faster than outside the combo, mastery changes this to 20% Just letting you know so you know to put the Combat Art's in the combos for the better regen. Plus it increases damage but im not sure if it does so for boths spells and weapon based Combat Art's or only spells...Still regen is good :devil:

If you dont know, what combat discipline does is (unmastered) reduce the regen of a combo by 10% so if you have one ability in the combo then it regens 10% faster than outside the combo, mastery changes this to 20% Just letting you know so you know to put the Combat Art's in the combos for the better regen. Plus it increases damage but im not sure if it does so for boths spells and weapon based Combat Art's or only spells...Still regen is good :devil:

I did not know that! That helps. Combos weren't tremendously useful in Sacred 1 except against bosses in combination with the yellow potions (or at least they never were for me - I mostly played a Vamp and a Dark Elf in S and UW). Nice to see that they have made them more powerful. I'll have to try this out.

only suggested staffs cuz I thought that was what he was interested in. might keep the nature focus to mod ancient bark and TV/GGT combo, just me. As for Spell resistance versus combat reflex. Combat reflex would definitely benefit a melee build. I've been going for spell resist lately with Ice and Blood cause of all the increased detrimental effects. not sure how much help SR is with that?

only suggested staffs cuz I thought that was what he was interested in. might keep the nature focus to mod ancient bark and TV/GGT combo, just me. As for Spell resistance versus combat reflex. Combat reflex would definitely benefit a melee build. I've been going for spell resist lately with Ice and Blood cause of all the increased detrimental effects. not sure how much help SR is with that?

No worries, your input helps. I'm not high enough level that it makes a different what weapon I use, just trying to plan out the build. I definitely agree with you that I need to keep nature focus for Ancient Bark. That seems to be the best defense Dryads have.