Warrior Focused BFG Seraphim Guide

Here's my take on the BFG seraphim build. I finished niob at level 104 with a build similar to this but I'm convinced that it can be done much earlier having learned a few things via this build. I wanted to share my experience with this character even though I know there are similar guides, I think this one has some unique and helpful information. Thanks very much to dobri for his guide which helped me in creating my character.

All experience was done on console but I think this will play on PC just as nicely. To use this build best on the PC, you need Ice & Blood because regen per hit doesn't work on pc prior to ice and blood. However, it works great on console!

In my opinion this is definately one of the most powerful player vs environment builds in the game both offensively and defensively. If any mod wants to add images, feel free to do so. This is my first guide so please be nice :D - Discussion is welcome of course.

The basis of the build:

1)BFG is the most powerful weapon in the game – because there is no restriction on the level of the weapon you can wield.

This is the only weapon in the game for which this is the case.

Here's a table of maximum weapon level (other than BFG) that can be wielded at all character levels:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title...ble_Item_Levels

This is a major reason why for me a BFG seraphim is more powerful than a ranged dryad.

By level 100, I was wielding a level 150ish bfg. By comparison, the highest level weapon possible to equip at level 100 for any other weapon type is 127.

At level 15, the highest level weapon (except bfg) that you can equip is: 20 (I would aim for a level 30 BFG at this point)...

At level 75, the highest level weapon you can equip (except bfg) is 95, etc (I would aim for at least a level 112 BFG at this point)....

A good goal in the beginning of the game is to eat enough BFG runes to maintain your weapon level at least 2X character level and near the end – level 75ish at least 1.5X character level.

BFG also comes with a built-in chance to pierce which increases with Combat Art level (no need to mod it for pierce) and scaling ice damage.

2) You get the benefit of a huge amount of skill points in your weapon lore and you only need to put one point in it.

I had one point in ranged weapons but the amount of runes you read in bfg gives you a humongus bonus to ranged weapons which boosts your attack and attack speed.

3) By specializing in one aspect for damage, we will maximize the damage of that aspect. This aspect is exalted warrior. We could spread ourselves out among revered damage and weapon damage but the BFG does so much damage, we want to boost this directly. Plus there is a huge synergy with regen per hit and the soul hammer+pelting strikes combo that we don't benefit from when hitting with revered Combat Arts like archangel's wrath and flaring nova....

4) 2 buffs only – Divine protection is infinitely superior to warding energy IMHO. Divine protection is uber – it absorbs a lot more damage, you can chain cast it properly modded around level 34 in console version (see notes about this in the Combat Art section) and it gives HUGE combat art block (reflect seems to work only with stun effects). Warding energy often goes down while divine protection remains standing. Recasting warding energy takes a lot longer than recasting divine protection (just try it to see the animation times).... Not mastering concentration lets us master other skills earlier.

5) Chain-castable Divine protection and dashing alacrity combo make us run fast, hit fast and have a really big shield. This is one of the quickest builds to attain 150% run speed which is something I like very very much especially since we will be modding dashing alacrity as quickly as possible (see below). I hate moving slow and this character moves fast - very nice.

6) Regen per hit is an uber mod with BFG especially when combined with a soul Hammer + pelting strikes combo. All those hits will regen the combo so even at the beginning of the game you will have a machine gun – and that machine gun is a BFG.. and you can hold the button down on console and the combo will autoexecute the milisecond the combo is recharged (no need for button mashing ever again)!

Ok So here we go with the skills (heavily inspired by dobri - order is somewhat different):

Level 2 - Tactics Lore: 75+ points (Mastery 1) Increases damage and chance for critical hits with all weapons.

Start getting that damage up right away.

Level 3 - Ranged Weapons – 1 point only do not add more. It will boost attck and attack speed. The BFG buff gives a HUGE boost to this skill. You might be tempted to skip this skill because you have such a big attack speed boost from dashing alacrity and big bonuses to hit chance from buffs but I don't recommend it because of the big bonus you get to this skill from the BFG buff which will add a lot of attack value which is then multiplied by your buffs. Very nice in terms of adding chance to hit bosses.

Level 5 - Concentration: 1 point only for 2 buffs, boosted by all skills it will reduce our regen times.

Level 8 – Revered tech focus: 75 points (Mastery 2) – Get this first to mod bfg buff and get higher Combat Art level without penalty in BFG buff.

Level 12 - Armor Lore: (Mastery 4) 75+ points increases exisitng armor resistances, reduces/removes regeneration penalty from armor, lets us wear higher level armor without penalty. You can get this earlier if you have high level armor you want to use earlier.

Level 18 - Exalted Warrior Focus – At least 51 points for mod points. Reduce regen time for warrior Combat Arts, reduce regen penalty for battle stance.

Level 25 - Revered Technology Lore: One point initially, 75 points later on (if you get that high in level). This skill will improve the damage of all combat arts in the revered tree, including the damage provided by the BFG gun's damage mods.

Level 35 - Constitution: (Mastery 3) 75 points. Adds directly to your char's HP totals, and improves the regeneration rate of HP.

Level 50 - Warding Energy Lore: 1 point initially 75 points later on. This skill will directly improve your Divine Protection and Warding Energy (if you decide to use it which I didn't) and will provide more shield points and better damage absorption.

Level 65 - Toughness: 75 points (Mastery 5). Adds directly to the armor rating and provides a reduction of the incoming damage - also known as all-channel damage mitigation.

Skills Points Allocation and Masteries:

- Tactics Lore (Mastery 1) - More damage with the bfg.

- Revered Focus (Mastery 2) - For less regen penalty from the BFG and more levels without penalty for BFG and divine protection in which we will be eating lots and lots of runes.

- Get at least 12 points in Warrior focus to get the 10th mod point.

- Constitution (Mastery 3) – Its important to have this skill so that you are less likely to be killed in one hit if something gets by your divine protection.

- Armor Lore (Mastery 4) – more resistance is nice and this skill adds a lot to resistance.

- Get at least 51 points in Warrior focus to finish modding your Combat Arts

Toughness (Mastery 5) – Some damage mitigation

That should be plenty to finish niobium in single player. At this point, you'll have a good feel for the character to know what you need. Skills worth mastering afterwards include warding energy lore, revered tech lore and warrior focus. Not mastering these skills first allows us to prioritize the first 5 which in my mind are more important for this build.

Bargaining Build Variant:

Its helpful to have a shopper to buy things for you. If you want to make this build into a shopper, drop out Warding Lore & Revered Lore and get either EP or Alchemy (if you play PC only – Alchemy is not practical on console) and bargaining. If you go for EP, make sure to use lots of gear with +Experience modded by enhanced perception to take full advantage of this. Get EP early in the build if you want it at all so you find some good low level gear that you can save for other characters.

This character makes an excellent bargaining character because she is so powerful and can afford to miss a skill or two for bargaining and EP.

Mod Points Note:

Modifications become available when you spend the following amount of skill points combined in the focus or lore skills for one aspect:

3, 5, 9, 14, 22, 31, 42, 55, 70, 87, 106, 126, 149, 173, 199.

Mods are very important for this build!

Combat Arts and Rune Reading:

- Read as many runes as possible in dashing alacrity and divine prottection (once you have fully modded DA and gotten at least the first 2 mods in divine protection). Effectiveness will go up while regen and cooldown will go down.

- Maintain battle stance at regen level without penalty. As soon as the regen penalties start to get lower (as level increases), go ahead and exceed this level. The regen penalty is marginal compared to BFG.

- Read enough runes in BFG to maintain the BFG gun level at 2*character level at the beginning and 1.5*character level after level 75-80. Don't worry about exceeding the pnalty level.

Read only one rune in other Combat Arts and raise their levels via +all combat arts equipment and jewelry when you feel the need. You can read more runes later on in pelting strikes & soul hammer after level 100 if you feel like your regen times are getting too low, but I never did this.

Modifications Order (Warrior tree – feel free to modify this order but I think this is pretty good):

1)Battle stance: Agression: More damage is good.

2)Dashing alacrity: Sprout (what!? Why? : In the beginning of the game, you can't run fast. You will be able to attack fast very quickly due to bfg buff and boost to ranged weapons). Extra run speed is welcome. You will eventually get dashing alacrity to a level where it will give more than a 50% bonus to both run and attack speed anyway so the brozne mod choice matters only at the beginning of the game.

3)Dashing alacrity: Delay – increase duration (run and attack faster for a longer time early in the game)

4)Dashing Alacrity: Impatience – Reduce cooldown : we want this chain-castable asap – faster running and faster attack speed = faster killing and faster moving around the world = less time to finish the campaigns and reach niob. Impatience will make your life a lot easier in the early game and its convenient because you'll be able to use a Dashing alacrity/Divine protection combo more easily.

5)Pelting Strikes: Succession – Double hits = More power and more regen per hit because of more hits!

6)Soul hammer: Aim – more crits – get this nice and powerful. Aim is better versus regular mobs which we fight most of the time. You could pick wounding too I suppose versus bosses this will be effective. I pick aim because most enemies will go down so quick dot won't have time to work.

7)Soul Hammer- battering: reduce targets armor class

8)Soul hammer – Coup de grace: Deathblow for the Combat Art that stacks with the deathblow mod (or so I've read)....

9) Battle stance – Flexibility: Evasion – The regen penalty of this buff is not that high – on my build (where I picked drill and regretted it) it never got beyond 20%. Anyway, we have regen per hit to regenerate our combat arts, so evasion wins.

10) Battle Stance - Retaliation – Unless you're playing group then you could choose idol

11)Pelting Strikes: Focus – less regen – We have enough attack bonus already.

12)Pelting strikes – Precision: More crits

Total points required to mod these Combat Arts fully: 75 in tactics lore + 51 in warrior focus, 75 in tactics lore + 12 in warrior focus will get you 10 of the 12

Why wait so long to finish battle stance: 4 reasons – you will have chain-castable divine protection at this point and the last 2 mods of battle stance are defensive. Divine protection gives us the defense we need. Secondly, at this point you will have a very good idea of your regen penalty from this buff to help you determine whether you need the extra regen time (drill) or the extra evasion (flexibility) more. Finally, not many enemies will get close enough to hit you in the first place (bosses are exceptions).

Of course if you find yourself lacking in the defense department at any time, feel free to move the battle stance mods up the list.

Revered Combat Art Mod order:

- 1)BFG: Enhancement, Enhancement, Accuracy (if you don't pick the enhancement mods, revered lore will not increase the damage of BFG). Accuracy will boost our hit chance which is nice at high levels. If you decide to take penetrate, which I don't recommend, make sure you take the hit chance mod on battle stance instead of the damage mod.

- 2)Divine Protection: Capacity, Boost, Improved mirror: VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT mods. This is our main line of defense. Having this chain castable ASAP is important. On console versions it becomes chain castable at Combat Art level 34ish. Once you get the first 2 mods, eat all the runes in this Combat Art that you can get your hands on. This Combat Art Gave me 25K shield points with a long duration (much exceeding cooldown and regen time) and combat art blocking at character leve l04. After playing with this defensive bonus, it makes lots of other characters seem very fragile in comparison.

Note: It's come to my attention that on the PC version only, Divine protection is harder to make chain castable on as of version 2.40. With capacity and boost, duration will still be just below cooldown. It can exceed it by eating lots of runes (Combat Art level > 150). I would still probably play the character the same way, if you want to get concentration master earlier and get warding energy because you're concerned about the second between when DP will wear off and when you can cast it again go ahead.

- 3)You don't really need to mod any more revered Combat Arts. Modify warding energy buff if you want to use it. In this case, I'd choose 2X Field force for the extra shield energy and BLOCK. Block will compliment toughness - the field force mods don't seem to scale so increasing Combat Art level may not be useful. Divine protection already blocks spells very well and ranged damage is just not a big deal in this game.

If I were to pick one other Combat Art that might be useful it would be flaring nova modded for expand (NOT Flux) and stun. I hear the expand mod can stun an entire screen of enemies which would be quite useful in areas like the swamp if you are being pounded on by creatures that do lots of DOT and life leech damage. We can do plenty of damage with our gun and flaring nova will not regen our Combat Arts with its hits. I don't like flux because I feel that the range of nova with flux is very small (its actually reduced after you take this mod from what it was at the beginning too small to be useful in my opinion).

What about archangel's wrath? I don't use this for the following reasons: Firstly and perhaps most importantly, it doens't auto-fire when you hold the button down on console (unlike soul hammer + pelting strikes combo which will keep on firing without me having to unpush and push the button again giving me an awesome auto-firing machine gun. Secondly, I'm leaving revered lore at one point (until after level 100 at least because I consider mastering other skills more important: Tactics, revered focus, constitution, armor, toughness), so archangel's wrath won't be nearly as powerful. Thirdly, with my focus on weapon damage, my bfg will do plenty of damage. Finally, I can do some fire damage by equipping gauntlets that convert physical to fire damage if I want to. If you really want to use this Combat Art, go ahead, but I found I never needed it and I finished niob at a level much lower than most builds do.

Points necessary to fully mod the first 2 Combat Arts: 31

Combos:

- 1)Divine protection & Dashing Alacrity – Put divine protection first. I notice that this seems to animate faster than the reverse combo for some reason – also if an enemy starts hitting you, at least the shield went up faster.

- 2)Soul Hammer & Pelting strikes (I recommend putting soul hammer first – if the first guy goes down you'll switch targets before firing off pelting strikes)

- 3)Divine protection alone (in case you need to recast it before the combo containing it is fully recharged – it does happen)

- 4)Free slot – assulting somersault to jump over stuff or dashing alacrity alone in case combo is not recharged yet but you want to cast the run fast spell quickly without waiting for divine protection to animate (in towns for example).

Note that on the console, if you hold down the button to fire combo 2 – soul hammer/pelting strikes, after the combo is executed, it will immediately execute again if recharged and an enemy is in range or will fire regular shots until the combo is recharged again if it is not. This is AWESOME with regen per hit because the hits from the combo and the regular attacks afterward (if they happen) will all regen the combo.... this is how we get our machine gun.

Useful Equipment and modifiers:

- Get as much regen per hit as you need. This modifier works wonders with the pelting/soul hammer combo. I found about 1.2 seconds to be sufficient for me at the end but you could get more. Up to midgame, 0.5 is enough. You will see the impact immediately

- Conversion damage to X: Damage to fire, magic and poison – this is found on rare gloves that can be shopped or dropped. Converts a portion of physical to one of the above. I always have one of these equipped and sometimes change it with the area I'm in. These gloves sometime come with all combat arts +X which is very nice.

- Try to get at least +20 all skills. You get ½ of the bonus you can possibly get from most skills at 21 points.

- Experience per kill: levelling faster is good

- All Combat Arts +X: A great way to boost your damage without increasing your regen times by very much.

- Damage mitigation: more useful at the end than the beginning.

- Evasion: If you need it

- + HP: If you need it

- Bronze slots: I mostly socket blacksmith damage in these.

- Opponent level for deathblow: Mainly useful versus bosses, nice with soul hammer due to stacking gold deathblow mod. Its nice to have one piece of equipment with this mod. If you use it, socket 2 deathblow items in the SAME piece of equipment because you get less diminishing returns this way.

- I like wearing the entire twilight of the gods set because its very small (3 items only so resonably easy to find), has a bonus to visibility range which works nicely with ranged weapons since you can see big clumps of enemies from farther away, has a huge armor value in the holy protection, a chance to find valuables, evasion and run speed. Other than that, I just wear the best stuff I find which is usually a combo of set and rare items.

General Information and tips:

If you play console, check out the console page on the wiki: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Xbox360

Stats: 1st 50 points in Vitality, Then add points to Dexterity to increase our damage directly. Around level 75ish add some points to willpower (about 25 or so, more if you want) if you want as this will increase the shield hitpoints of divine protection (by more than a point in vitality will increase your actual hitpoints) and add some additional spell resistance which also reduces damage over time. You won't need this before this point.

Diety: You can only pick Lumen, Kybele or Forens. Lumen stuns for a short time (not very useful), kybele heals (we rarely need to heal and we have heal potions for that). Forens reflects damage - this wins easily in my opinion and was my choice. I sometimes use this before boss fights as it can be useful.

Quick note about 2 unhittable critters: There are 2 unhittable critters that I've found with ranged energy weapons in console versions (bfg and weapons that look like it): flyers in the swamp and fen fires in the great machine (I can hit the fen fires on dryad island with no problem). I just tend to run by these flyers and ignore them, they really don't bother me.

I keep a shield and sword or axe if I ever get really annoyed and want to kill them for some reason. The only 2 instances where I can think of that I did this were prior to fighting the mist of miasma to clear the field and prior to fighting the grand inquisitor so I don't have the nearby fen fires shooting at me. Dashing alacrity will boost my attack speed through the roof even if I'm using a weapon in which I have no skill and I have a very good hit chance against normal mobs due to all the attack bonuses I have, so its not particularly difficult to hit these regular enemies quickly in this way. Shields I like include glacial defender and stalwart safeguard for these purposes. A nice weapon choice is tinorwa's curse or sword of the blood dryads (because of built-in fire damage) for this purpose, but really any melee weapon/shield combination is fine considering you'll probably only use these once or twice per campaign at most. Feel free to stun the critters with nova before knocking them down if you want.

Starting to play:

Somewhere near the beginning of the game, when you have enough armor, activate battle stance (which has not been modded for reflection yet right?, RIGHT) and start a bronze game, go piff off some kobolds so they attack you, then watch them hit you until you get a high survival bonus so that you will have better stats from said survival bonus and a better chance to find valuables that you get from this so you get some nice items to start the game off.

We will get to level 20 in the fastest way I know how which is this: Start a new game in bronze or silver, Accept the quest to kill the kobold chieftan and recover the dude's artifacts ("Muggers").

Teleport to western tyr lyasa, go get the dudes artifacts killing some kobolds on the way. Continue north to the kobold area and enter the cave right near the entrance to the kobold cave. Go into the cave and drink a mentor and concentration potion. Mow down ALL the enemies in the cave, checking the graves to wake up the zombie-like enemies that give lots of experience. Exit the cave, you will have killed more than 40 kobolds in the cave alone.

Proceed to the kobold boss and anhilate him with your BFG combo. Teleport to soleford and claim the quest rewards for 13000+ experience and sometimes some nifty items!

Rinse and repeat until level 20. I've found this is a very very fast way to level up at low levels.

At high levels, if you want to powerlevel, the orc cave is a very good place because it has good drops, gold and experience.

Let me know how it turns out. I hope this is helpful.

Edited by ka243

My daughter plays a technic seraphim-shopper with archangel's wrath.

The wrath is modified for 2 exploding fireballs with criticals and is used at melee range. So no time lost at projectile flight in this Reg per Hit build. It is a very funny playstyle and to our surprise a hell of a lot better than being weak.

It works well on the PC but I am not sure what the auto targetting of the consoles will do to this build.

But gathering a group and firing 2 fireballs with a single wrath at close range and both can explode and all hit target get life leeched, awful. Even with .5 reg per hit and 2.5s reg-time in the wrath it is recharged right again in early game if the explosions are triggered.

My experiences with high level caster builds is limited to the one SH Shadow Warrior I have. On consoles targetting is pretty awful at times once you get your regen down below a second. I've noticed this has happened more prominently whenever I have Skeletal Fortification down but what happens is you kill your current target and then your character just stutters for a bit as if "finding" that next target to hit.

Because of this I've found a love for ranged builds. I was going to try out a ranged dryad build after my ranged Shadow Warrior but after reading this build I think I might try it next instead. Definitely sounds like a solid build that packs that killer punch most great ranged builds seem to offer.

My experiences with high level caster builds is limited to the one SH Shadow Warrior I have. On consoles targetting is pretty awful at times once you get your regen down below a second. I've noticed this has happened more prominently whenever I have Skeletal Fortification down but what happens is you kill your current target and then your character just stutters for a bit as if "finding" that next target to hit.

Because of this I've found a love for ranged builds. I was going to try out a ranged dryad build after my ranged Shadow Warrior but after reading this build I think I might try it next instead. Definitely sounds like a solid build that packs that killer punch most great ranged builds seem to offer.

Cool, let me know how it turns out and if you have questions. I think this is definately one of the most powerful ranged builds in the game. I also found that console targetting for melee weapons is very imprecise: usually the first attack misses the enemy, which is why I prefer either ranged builds or spell casters (see my article in the xbox section of the wiki - link above regarding this). Good luck!

My daughter plays a technic seraphim-shopper with archangel's wrath.

The wrath is modified for 2 exploding fireballs with criticals and is used at melee range. So no time lost at projectile flight in this Reg per Hit build. It is a very funny playstyle and to our surprise a hell of a lot better than being weak.

It works well on the PC but I am not sure what the auto targetting of the consoles will do to this build.

But gathering a group and firing 2 fireballs with a single wrath at close range and both can explode and all hit target get life leeched, awful. Even with .5 reg per hit and 2.5s reg-time in the wrath it is recharged right again in early game if the explosions are triggered.

I added a note in the build about why I don't use/like/need archangel's wrath in this build:

Firstly and perhaps most importantly, it doens't auto-fire when you hold the button down on console (unlike soul hammer + pelting strikes combo which will keep on firing without me having to unpush and push the button again giving me an awesome auto-firing machine gun. Secondly, I'm leaving revered lore at one point (until after level 100 at least because I consider mastering other skills more important: Tactics, revered focus, constitution, armor, toughness), so archangel's wrath won't be nearly as powerful. Thirdly, with my focus on weapon damage, my bfg will do plenty of damage. Finally, I can do some fire damage by equipping gauntlets that convert physical to fire damage if I want to. If you really want to use this Combat Art, go ahead, but I found I never needed it and I finished niob at a level much lower than most builds do.

Edit: Added diety pick.

Edited by ka243

Amazing writeup

And, lol you've toed to toed the bfg build against the Darting Assault Dryad... and with RPH? Very clever ^^ I still haven't really scoped out all the possible meanings of Regen per hit for the entire game world... but making it work for the Seraphim's BFG is brilliant idea...then tying it in with Console's use of RPH which was never broken ON TOP of Ice and Blood Expansion...

Well done!

:(

gogo

Amazing writeup

And, lol you've toed to toed the bfg build against the Darting Assault Dryad... and with RPH? Very clever ^^ I still haven't really scoped out all the possible meanings of Regen per hit for the entire game world... but making it work for the Seraphim's BFG is brilliant idea...then tying it in with Console's use of RPH which was never broken ON TOP of Ice and Blood Expansion...

Well done!

:thumbsup:

gogo

My experiences with RPH is that it is extremely overpowered. On my ranged Shadow Warrior I have FR, DB and SS at max level allowed without penalty while using MLAWP GR and RE and with just 2 seconds of RPH the regen is over as soon as the combos finish.

It takes a bit getting used to for casters since you have to wait the travel time of the spell before the RPH kicks in so you either have to use instant spells like Spectral Hand or just cast from melee range to take full advantage of it.

Regardless, it is a stat that everyone should experiment with. Especially those who are playing PC since a lot of the grumbling about the +skills nerf fubar'ing regen times can easily be remedied with this stat and might entice some to eat even more runes.

• 1 month later...

Well I finally started this character. Got her to level 25 atm.

The damage is just phenomenal as I expected. I've been taking out bosses in about 4 hits and the orc champs are actually being one-shot by this lady. True I've pimped her out quite well with some gear I had stashed in the bank and the benefits of a Niob shopper but I've done the same treatment to other characters as well and they didn't have this much takedown power.

I do plan to tweak the build just a bit by splitting my attribute points 50/50 between Stamina and Willpower, taking Concentration to 75 so I can run the shield buff at 75 and then modifying it with the gold mod that reduces the regen penalty on it. I can do this since I have access to +1500 hp rings however so I wouldn't advise it for anyone without such access. I haven't had to socket them yet since stuff dies so fast and I have DP on top of that but I figure that around 60 or so things might change so I won't discount those rings being needed just yet.

I think that eventually I can get the buff for practically free with the gold mod(wiki states 50% + 0.5% per Combat Art level so at Combat Art level 100 it should cost nothing) and with half my points going to Willpower and +30% absorption combined with some beefy damage mitigation I'm pretty sure I can easily reach that "demigod" status.

Other than that I'm basically playing it exactly as you posted it, I think you really put together a solid build here.

Edited by Numerii

Modding warding energy and getting concentration to 75 will certainly not hurt the build.

I did this on my playthough but found that warding energy was more trouble than it was worth because in a combat situation, it would go down before divine protection would and it took longer animation time than divine protection to recast so I just never needed/used it, which is why I suggested mastering first tactics, then rev focus, then constitution, then armor, then toughness, adding a few points to warrior focus as described.

With sufficient RPH, I found I not need stamina to regen my Combat Arts which is why I added to DEX, willpower and vitality instead. This is all little stuff though, do whats fun for you.

Note: It's come to my attention that on the PC version only, Divine protection is harder to make chain castable on as of version 2.40. With capacity and boost, duration will still be just below cooldown. It can exceed it by eating lots of runes (Combat Art level > 150). I would still probably play the character the same way, if you want to get concentration master earlier and get warding energy because you're concerned about the second between when DP will wear off and when you can cast it again go ahead.

On console duration will exceed cooldown for divine protection at Combat Art level 34ish still.

Edited by ka243

I only intend to use Warding Energy around level 100+. It's all but worthless without at least 50% damage mitigation, a high Combat Art level and some points in Warding Energy Lore. However once everything starts to fall into place it should be strong enough to never need recasting as shown by people like Dobri and soldat.

Getting to that point while spending no attribute points on Vitality is going to be the real challenge for me. Luckily the damage output of this build is so high that my offense is my defense so I plan to use that to my advantage and spend a lot of time grinding out levels in silver and gold and actually waiting til 75 or higher to go to platinum.

In the meantime I'm still using DP as per your post, after all it's only costing me some runes in the end, I'm just not a big fan of re-applying buffs every 60 seconds or so.

As far as Dex goes I never put points into attributes other than Stamina and Vitality. I'm only making an exception for this build by changing Vitality to Willpower since my main defense will rely on my shield and Willpower is to my shield what Vitality is to my health bar. By putting points into Stamina I can eat more runes in the end for all of my Combat Arts, even if that means going over the max level allowed without penalty. The main benefit in doing this is that all of those modifiers to Combat Arts such as chance to crit, double shots, deathblow, etc are increased by the level of the Combat Art so not only do you get an increase in base damage by eating runes but you get an increase in all of that other yummy stuff as well. If I find I have too much RPH I'll just eat more runes, it's a win-win situation, especially for console since we don't have a 200 rune limit.

Edited by Numerii
  • 5 weeks later...

my only input I used combat dis for damage and put pelting strikes ( pelting strikes in conjuction with bfg sick dam and steady flow of fire I feel this works much better the glitch)in its own combo went from 600 damage to 1500 try it out

Edited by Crosis
  • 1 month later...

Hi ka243. I'm following your build step by step and I have to say it works great. My seraphim is now at level 51 and she is nearly invincible. Anyway I have to ask you something I don't get about how to spend Stats points... After the first 50 points in Vitality you suggest to spend points in Dexterity... But how many? Each of them (a part from the 25 points or so to spend on willpower)?

And more important I don't understand what you mean in this phrase (the red one):

Stats: 1st 50 points in Vitality, Then add points to Dexterity to increase our damage directly. Around level 75ish add some points to willpower (about 25 or so, more if you want) if you want as this will increase the shield hitpoints of divine protection (by more than a point in vitality will increase your actual hitpoints) and add some additional spell resistance which also reduces damage over time. You won't need this before this point.

Usually I'm quite good in understanding English though I'm not English or American or whatever, so please forgive me if I don't get it... Could you please explain that part in different way?

Thanks a lot, your work is great.

If you put points in vitality they increase hitpoints.

If you put points in willpower they increase shield points.

A point in willpower will give more points in shield then a point spend in vitality will give to hitpoints.

There is jewelry which moves damage from your health to the shield. You can reach 100% in this, so all damage on you will first go to the shield.

Your health will only be reduced at this 100% absorbtion if the shield has gone. So it is best to have a powerful shield.

The maths behind this are far more complex (100% is not optimal, since shield will not recover in combat but health will.....) but I hope you get the basic idea.

• 1 month later...

so far I have a level 50 bfg builded seraphim.. I used this guide to build it... so far I havent had any problems with this build

but is it really worth putting Constituton on the skill list. for me it seems like a more dmg increasing skill like Combat discipline would be more effective since it decreases regen time for all arts and add combat art dmg,

if u have enough regen per hit stacked the only dmg u do is combat art dmg, hence I think it would make a more powerful build.

what I mean is that isnt it enough with the armor//warding energy skills? wouldnt more dmg be alot more helpful?

im unsure if combat discipline stacks with the tactic skill tough, and would really like some feedback on that

• 1 month later...

I just started working on this build last night on console (Xbox 360) and enjoying it so far but I do have one question. At level 8 you suggest to select RevTech focus but in selecting the 3 skills listed before it focus is not available. I went ahead and selected RevTech lore to start modding the BFG. Has a patch caused this to be an issue? I like the idea of the build and wanted RevTech lore anyway to boost the guns damage. I will also grab EP instead of Warding Energy lore since I like just using Divine protection and being able to just have 1 point in Concentration to be able to spread more points into EP down the line.

Otherwise, great write up on the guide.

Cheers!

I just started working on this build last night on console (Xbox 360) and enjoying it so far but I do have one question. At level 8 you suggest to select RevTech focus but in selecting the 3 skills listed before it focus is not available. I went ahead and selected RevTech lore to start modding the BFG. Has a patch caused this to be an issue? I like the idea of the build and wanted RevTech lore anyway to boost the guns damage. I will also grab EP instead of Warding Energy lore since I like just using Divine protection and being able to just have 1 point in Concentration to be able to spread more points into EP down the line.

Otherwise, great write up on the guide.

Cheers!

Yep his guide has got a a little mix-up there. Revered Focus is a secondary skill. You have to take Rev Lore or Exalted Focus first. One of them needs 5 points before it will unlock Rev Focus. But the order at these low levels may not make much difference.

Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't sure if selecting the warrior focus would have opened it up so I went with RevTech lore instead. Would have picked both up down the line anyways.

I've been a long time viewer and enjoy the site. Just got back into playing Sacred 2, with bugs, no patches and all on the Xbox360 and it's still a great game.

Hoping S3 gets ported but I won't be holding my breath on it.

• 1 month later...

I love how the Dashing Alacrity makes you run like a bullet... one question though.. maybe its just me but it seems on my unique mount I run slower? I looked at my stats and it didnt change from being on the mount or off the mount but it just seems slower... any info would be great! thanks.

I love how the Dashing Alacrity makes you run like a bullet... one question though.. maybe its just me but it seems on my unique mount I run slower? I looked at my stats and it didnt change from being on the mount or off the mount but it just seems slower... any info would be great! thanks.

Welcome Davinox!

the seraphim can sprint up to 150% with Dashing going. the mount is uneffected by dashing. and if I remember reading the mount speeds the tiger does about 140%. so your observation was probably correct

• 1 month later...

This build really does rock! :)

I haven't posted in a while because I've been playing this build, it's level 51 now, on Gold, and kicks the rear end off the orc champions in the orc cave :).

you can literally just run into the cave, cast the DP/DA combo, and spray the gun away (they most probably won't even get near you), making for some good easy experience. The only Real issue I have found with this build is not being able to find enough runes, it just makes me wanna eat more, the pwer is so incredible.

Congratz on a well built buid,

Alex

• 9 months later...

Im curious how one is sposed to come by so many runes as to keep BFG at character level * 2. Turning all other runes into BFG runes (3:1 conversion), I've only memorized 12 runes by level 16 thus far :/

As the levels start progressing slower the amount of runes you find each level can get pretty large so you wont have worry about that.

Also later on you get SOOOOO much gold you can afford to do 1:1 conversion on runes, Orc Cave is a great place for that selling all the stuff you find plus you build up XP quickly

Wonder if I'll be able to survive orc cave yet. Oh yeah, the guide also calls for rev tech focus but I found that it was locked and had to take 5 points into the lore first. Is this cause Im on Fallen Angel or...?

Main reason I posted the question is cause this build is based off the "Comprehensive BFG guide", in which is stated that the guide is great & aimed at starting up characters (ie: no support). It follows with (and this guide quotes), "At level 15, the highest level weapon (except bfg) that you can equip is: 20 (I would aim for a level 30 BFG at this point)...". Hence why Im feeling super under-par (and thats with some kobold farming =/).

Edited by Cloud007