Game crashing when changing area

I get a crash sometimes when I change scene is this normal? The image just gets blocked like in Black you can move the cursor even I press caps lock to see if the comp is still working and it is, then I just ctrl+Alt+Del to get to Task manager to shut it down and when I check my ram usage it states almost 75% usage.

I play on Ice and Blood with latest patch, and I play on vista 32, I have like 3 gigs of Ram, I have up to date directx and drivers. But it seems to me this eventually do to the mechanics of the game online cuz when I change areas like im going indoors to some cave I have to w8 a few sec's before the mobs spawn.

I play on closed net Hc dunno if its relevant. And this occurs when im playing campaign mode with server created or on the ascaron servers it has happen like 2 times already.

Edited by nomad13

I have the same issue. happens more on camp than freeplay. don't think its memory or operating system as I am on win7 64 with 4gb and all new drivers. Doing camp dashes this weekend would have gone much faster if we didn't keep locking up. I have not tried playing on SP to see if the problem is there yet. may have to test that.

Edited by locolagarto

I have this same problem. There is a minor slowdown in performance that I have noticed before the freeze up occurs that I use to warn me that a lockup is about to occur. I have never had this bug happen to me in SP mode even with extended play. It often occurs for me when I activate the world map (although a region change can do the same thing). I think I just check my map a lot for some reason for teleporting and such. The bug seems to occur for me equally often in free mode or campaign mode but less often if I am playing on the previously established permanent servers.

I have this same problem. There is a minor slowdown in performance that I have noticed before the freeze up occurs that I use to warn me that a lockup is about to occur. I have never had this bug happen to me in SP mode even with extended play. It often occurs for me when I activate the world map (although a region change can do the same thing). I think I just check my map a lot for some reason for teleporting and such. The bug seems to occur for me equally often in free mode or campaign mode but less often if I am playing on the previously established permanent servers.

it almost seems like the game should be putting up a wait icon until it is loaded the next frames, kind of like how Xbox does constantly! but instead it locks up

Edited by locolagarto

I just did a new install of the game because my sacred 2 copy was a steam version and I bought a new sacred 2 version because I was having some problems with my account. This time I installed the full patch 2.40 and the patch 2.43 to see if this would make any difference in stabillity, I tested and to me it seems more stable after 2+ hours of gaming online no crash, now I just need to check today if it behaves the same.

EDIT: Ok installing the game and patching it to the latest version is a must for me, it helps on my game not crashing at all during online play.

Edited by nomad13
  • 2 weeks later...
I have the same issue. happens more on camp than freeplay. don't think its memory or operating system as I am on win7 64 with 4gb and all new drivers. Doing camp dashes this weekend would have gone much faster if we didn't keep locking up. I have not tried playing on SP to see if the problem is there yet. may have to test that.

It could be the memory - It appears that the sacred 2 exe may not be large address aware and therefore can only use 2Gb total . This in reality means that the game will start getting unstable when it start using 1.3Gb and above in taskmanager as it just runs out of memory. This is very similar to what happens in both Fallout 3 and Oblivion when you use large high res texture mods.

I just played until the game froze, about 40 minutes. Watching RAM usage, it never went above 24% and didn't increase when it froze.

This is with 12GB of ddr3. Is there any way of allowing Sacred 2 to use more RAM?

One thing that does seem to help is to turn off buff displays, the game crashes way more with them switched on.

Edited by Dobster

I still experience one lockup after some time of play like after 4 hours maybe more, but I also use more sharp textures ingame like when you put the slider on high I think it shows the lightning efect a bit, I also went with the advices of the SIF to cut on the grass detail, and I use the buff display, I only see a bit of an hit on the Frames when I play with Energy Shields on the Temple Guardian. I use also the tool that SIF has to eleminate the extra files the game creates during each play, and I dont have my game defraged also, ive tried running with the OS only and it still crashes.