The Icy Hot Patch (console version)

and in the Expansion they added the rune limit, you can't eat more than 199 runes in Grand Invigoration because it will restart the count, I didn't try it on the other Combat Art but I think the 200 is the rune limit everywhere and this means no point in pump up Stamina for eating more runes or anything, so for my opinion Stamina should be pumped up only in the first 20-30 Levels and no more.

The rune consumed count no longer resets if you eat too many runes in patch 2.65.1.

Oh wow did not know that abt expansion. It comes out in march for playstation. If only stam for 30 levels where do u suggest rest of points? Intel, vitality, etc!

Unfortunately the expansion is not currently planned to come to either console.

hm... didn't know that about patch 2.65.1 tks :)

Also I just lost my level 44 Ice Elf to the first Dragon. I noticed too late that I was sitting on the flaming ground of his breath and that dot fire killed in 2 seconds. Didn't had time to see how much damage I take or use a health potion :). They really boost a LOT dragon's fire damage in the Expansion :)

Also I was trying to level up a little bit my Nova Seraphim in the Orc Cave and I was receiving only 3k experience per Orc Chiftain in that cave(3k with mentor potion running, ~2k experience without mentor potion), did they change experience in the Expansion ? I was doing Muggers and Kobolt Champ quests runs and I was making 1.5-2 levels per run, the experience was flowing like usually but not the same in the Orc Cave. Did anyone had the same problem ? I only tried the Orc Cave with one char, my Nova Seraphim because my Ice Elf is no longer, I think I will start her again :D going Pyromancer >:) especially for that bad ass Dragon >:)

The damage mitigation on Incadescent Skin isn't enough to counter the massive fire damage the dragons do, so stock up on some DM gear before taking on the dragons just to be on the safe side.

The damage mitigation on Incadescent Skin isn't enough to counter the massive fire damage the dragons do, so stock up on some DM gear before taking on the dragons just to be on the safe side.

I was thinking about the same thing, making a suit of armor for Dragon Fights that will reduce the incoming fire damage from them, but what Damage Mitigation should I look for ? Additional Fire Armor +X% ? Reduce opponent's chance to burn ?

I know to put 3 relics all of them with Fire Armor Bonuses as high as possible, what else ?

"-% Fire damage over time" is the one I think will help you most here, and if you can find some examples of this amulet:

Dragon.png you should have a good chance of surviving.

"-% Fire damage over time" is the one I think will help you most here, and if you can find some examples of this amulet:

Dragon.png you should have a good chance of surviving.

damn... that's a nice piece of item for a fight against a dragon but I was only level 44 so I didn't find something like that so far....anyway thanks for your advice

• 4 weeks later...

I am following this build and I am currently lv 28 on the mage with Mystic stormline lore and mystic stormlight focus both at 28.

I find that I am not really doing enough damage against mobs. I tried Orc Caves on bronze and it is no problem but very low xp (about 500 a kill). If I try on Silver, I die before I can kill one of the 4 orcs in the cave.

My damage routine in the orc caves is glacial shards every 1.5 seconds. The fire tempest is weak and the nimbus does not kill all them fast enough.

I have 1201 hit points,

937 armor

171 magic attack

If I compare this to a Shadow warrior I have at about the same level, he can destroy the 4 orcs in a few seconds using Astral Lord talents and dual wielding.

So I am wondering should I drop the ice elf and go more fire for high damage or what would you guys advise?

• 4 months later...

Can I run Crystal Skin, Incandescent Skin, and Grand Invigoration if I get concentration to mastery? I noticed at low level I couldnt run Crystal and Incandescent at the same time someone help me out please.

• 4 months later...

Gotta say...really loving this build so far, thanks! If you're going to mastery in Delphic Arcania Focus (eventually) wouldn't you be able to mod more than just GI though? Wiki offers an alternative to Skull Smash mod-> use shadow step>stuns all enemies>if you use slowing/stunning CAs you could take both the increase damage mods for IS, maximizing it's damage output (if you can slow/stun/somehow keep enemies in place long enough to take all hits). Also, planning to mod Shadow Step for healing/temp. invulnerability, but does anyone know if the Mend mod is broken on consoles (because so many other useful effects are...)? Expulse Magic (Protection mod)seems like it could come in handy too.

Also wondering about difference in damage between a HE that takes the fire demon as a 3rd buff vs. a HE that only runs 2 buffs w/maxed Ice & Fire Lores since the fire demon only offers a boost to fire damage.

Also Also,

73% Physical and 27% Ice Damage. Percent of Ice damage increases per Combat Art level

Hurricane - Increases lightning frequency. (50% increase in hit speed)

Wrath - Ice damage of lightning is increased. (71.4% increase in Ice damage)

So if the spell trades more and more physical damage for ice damage, at higher CA levels wouldn't Wrath be more beneficial?

Edited by Rndm