228 replies to this topic

#221 MysterD

MysterD

Leaden Juggernaut

• New Arrival
  • 1 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Sacred 2: Gold Edition just went DRM-FREE yesterday on Gamersgate.
https://twitter.com/GamersGate/status/294074898916192256
I been asking them about removing the DRM, for a few weeks. ;)

Sacred 2: Gold (Old version with Securom DRM) owners at Gamersgate - you might want to check your account.
I already got the New DRM-FREE Version (and old version w/ DRM, too) showing up in my GG account now. :D

If you don't have the new version DRM-FREE showing, contact support. They'll help you out.

Link:
https://twitter.com/GamersGate/status/294350199600582656

Derick Sanzi ‏@MysterD
@GamersGate Do GG owners of Sacred 2:Gold Old version w/ DRM have to re-buy Sacred 2: Gold to get it DRM-FREE? Or will it get added to our accts?

GamersGate @GamersGate
@MysterD Contact support and they can get you the DRM free version.
2:45 AM - 24 Jan 13

Edited by MysterD, 24 January 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#222 Shattered Rift

Shattered Rift

Silicon Mage

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Gamertag:Shattered Rift

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

So, I finally built a new computer that can handle Sacred 2, and the first thing I did was hop over here to Dark Matters and click the Sacred 2 Gold link.

Naturally, I wa a couple of days early and missed out on the $1 for Sacred 2 Gold on Humble Bundle deal. (My bad if we're not allowed to mention other options for buying. A mod can feel free to edit this out if that's taboo. But if it's not, I assume there are people that want to jump on that while it lasts.) So I directed several of my friends to pick it up via Humble Bundle, but now I'm wondering a few things. First, is Sacred 2 Gold on Steam still the EU version? Want to make sure I can multiplayer with friends. Second, where's the activation code on DL Gamer so that I can get online? I saw in an earlier post that it's supposed to be posted on the order page, but I'm not seeing it there. Fired a message to DL Gamer support, but I still want to assume this is just me being stupid and not seeing something that should be staring me in the face.

Other than this hiccup, the process otherwise went smoothly. Sacred 2 Gold downloaded just fine, fired up just fine, and my only disappointment is that I haven't had the time to sit down and properly enjoy Ice & Blood (as I'd been in the US version of Fallen Angel some years back).

Edit: Oh, hey, the servers went down a year back or something. That makes sense. Now I just need to find me a LAN simulator.

Edited by Shattered Rift, 01 August 2013 - 01:30 PM.

"If the Spectres have resurfaced, this is no longer a game between us and the Phoenixes. We need to have humanity by the throat before the Spectres alert the humans to our presence."

#223 wolfie2kX

wolfie2kX

Cobalt Warrior

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

Yes. The Sacred 2 Gold package on Steam (and Amazon and elsewhere) is the UK/EU/international version. Ice and Blood (which is included in Gold) was never released for the US/CDV edition and the two are... well, not exactly the most compatible. But the UK version will work on US computers.

Good luck and have fun!

This Space For Rent...

No... Seriously...

#224 Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

I was just about to come here and post about the humble bundle giving you access to Sacred 2 cheaply and also supporting charity, but it looks like someone already found it!

#225 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 27,387 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

We've been working with DLGamer today, and....dom dom dom dom... You can Download Sacred 2 Gold DRMFree from us on DLGamer here!~

7632382.gif

Any money from these downloads, goes directly to SacredWiki and site hosting costs.  We're hoping to have more links to popular games, Pay Day 2 is coming out, looks nasty, gruesome...maybe fun?

:D

gogo

#226 wolfie2kX

wolfie2kX

Cobalt Warrior

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Um.. OK.. I'm confused. I clicked the link to check it out...

Seems they want $17.99 for Sacred 2 Gold.

Is there a trick to getting the $13.49 deal - like you tell them you heard about it here? Or does the title need updating?

This Space For Rent...

No... Seriously...

#227 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 27,387 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

Which denomination are you using for the transaction?

Downloads here on DarkMatters are tween EU and American Dollars

When I get to final purchase screen, it shows 13.49 EU as final price

:)

gogo

#228 wolfie2kX

wolfie2kX

Cobalt Warrior

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Ah.. That's the price in Euros.. When I clicked the link, it took me to the US version of the page...

This Space For Rent...

No... Seriously...

#229 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 27,387 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

Great the functionality works for you!

We have to offer game in both prices as so much of the community is spread out all over the world.

DLGamer is working very hard on keeping our prices for sacred 2 gold competive, this plus the help it gives SacredWiki for hosting costs should be great added incentive and value for SacredFans!

:bounce:

gogo

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users