Download Sacred 2 Gold - 13.49~!

Heya belgarath. Good question. The two versions will install into different directories so this much is safe. The complications arise in regards to the registry and possibly the save game folder as well... I think there are a couple of registry keys that both game versions would end up sharing and could complicate things. It would mean that you would have to keep a close eye on the registry keys that determine your installations patch version and language version. If your very familiar with the registry then not too big a deal but if not I would not suggest trying to learn on the fly with Sacred 2. It gets confusing very fast. As for the Save game folder... No matter what you do you should make a backup of that folder. Even with just a single install things can go wrong. In that regard I would suggest you copy your Sacred 2 folder that contains all your "hero00.sacredsave" files to a safe place. You never know what might go wrong. Go ahead, I'll wait. :D

Now if your characters are Closed net characters then they will be just fine and waiting for you should you decide to uninstall Ice & Blood. Though I really don't think you will. :happy:

The only problem I can forsee is that your US install might trip you up. You should uninstall Sacred 2 US but most times when Sacred 2 is uninstalled it leaves behind some pieces that create errors when re-installing a fresh version. So in that regard make sure you get rid of eeeeeeverything after windows uninstalls your US Sacred 2. You should download the Sacred 2 File Cleaner Utility and use it after you uninstall US Sacred 2. Make sure the first and last options are checkmarked.

THEN! Have a read of the How to Install Sacred 2 (UK) guide which should provide a easy to follow checklist for installing Sacred 2 UK.

Don't forget to make a backup of your saved games! Once you play your saved games in Ice & Blood they will become incompatible with the US version. The backups you make however will remain compatible. Oh and you won't have access to your Closed US characters while playing the UK version.

Hope that helps! :)

Hello, I'm currently playing U.S. Fallen Angel, and I'm considering using the Dark Matters link to download and switch to U.K. Ice and Blood, because I'd like to try the Dragon Mage.

I have some questions: Would I need to uninstall my current U.S. version of Sacred 2 before installing the new U.K version? Would I lose all my saved characters and equipment (light sabers!) Is it possible to keep both versions installed in different folders such that I could switch back easily if I didn't like Ice and Blood?

Thanks.

Having gone through the process of side-grading and then upgrading to Ice and Blood, I can offer you a few pointers.

Back up your saved games to an entirely different location. They're in C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2\ for Vista and Windows 7. C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Saved Games\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2\ for XP. There may also be other issues. Once you open your current save games in Ice and Blood - they may NOT work properly in Fallen Angel any longer - ergo - it's best to back up your files elsewhere.

As far as uninstalling goes - it's generally best to do so. The uninstaller when I went through the process pretty much cleaned everything it needed to out of my registry.

As far as not liking Ice and Blood goes... I don't see the problem. The game is identical to Fallen Angel - with the exception of the two new areas added to the game. They do not affect the game at all, you can ignore those areas entirely if you want to. Consider them as detours that are good places to gain XP and goodies. You can also uninstall the UK version and then reinstall it - up to version 2.43.

There is the small matter of the +Skills nerf where high value +All Skills, +Offensive Skills, +Defensive Skills and +General Skills rings and amulets and other hardware have those values cut in half. But there are plenty of advantages to overcome those limitations. The graphics, sounds and voices are all the same as the US version.

If you want lightsabers.. Feh.. Just get the CM Patch. With it, you can and will be swimming in them in fairly short order. There are also some really nice ones - like the Power of NIF (a Legendary level lightsaber that drops as part of the Epic Office Quest). There is, at least, one lightsaber that drops in each and every area except the Dragon Sea and Wastelands areas in the current version. The CM Patch, btw, does require Ice and Blood. It won't work with Fallen Angel only.

There's also the matter of money.... While it's true the game is about 25 British pounds - but due to exchange rates, the price is closer to $40 USD. And once you've downloaded the game, installed it and used the product keys, you can't get a refund. You're better off maybe selling your old US version to someone else and keeping the UK version.

@Wolfie and Schot,

Thanks so much for the fast and detailed replies. I am definitely going to need to refer to your instructions and follow step by step if and when I do the upgrade.

Right now, though, I'm really enjoying playing my current inquisitor, and based on what you two say, I'm pretty sure I will have to start all over with new characters if I want to do Ice and Blood. So I'll probably wait until I'm thoroughly bored with my inquisitor(s) and shadow warrior(s) and have nothing to lose before I uninstall my current version.

I'm not at all familiar with registries and the like, and the processes you describe for making the change are a little bit intimidating to me. I can probably get it done when I have time to devote to it, but as I recall, the Sacred 2 installation process takes a long, long time - It took overnight to install the last time, and that was without a long download beforehand. Also, it tends to have a lot of tech problems that take a while to research and fix.

I would see it as a gamble of $40, at least a day of my free time, and a whole lot of potential headaches, in exchange for the possibility of getting to try the dragon mage and two new areas. I might get in trouble with activating and deactivating security keys, or hidden files on my Windows 7, and wind up with nothing playable at all.

I've also heard that the company that sells this product likes to do customer service and tech help by text message, and I don't have texting service.

So for now, I'd better go with "if it ain't broke, I'd better not fix it."

But again, thank you so much for the help and instructions. I will definitely refer back to these posts if I change my mind later. The Dark Matters community really impresses me with its friendliness, helpfulness, and welcoming nature.

Hey belgarathmth !

I will also reach DLGamers tomorrow morning to see if they can help with the processing. I'm sorry after your deliberation the payment didn't process. We have had great service though, I'm sure your game will come through.

:)

gogo

Hey Belgarathmth!

I just spoke to the guys at DLGamer this morning, They are asking you to process your purchase again, they will process your order and verification manually.

:bounce:

gogo

Hey Belgarathmth!

I just spoke to the guys at DLGamer this morning, They are asking you to process your purchase again, they will process your order and verification manually.

:bounce:

gogo

Gogo - thanks for interceding. They refunded my original purchase promptly, so we're even at this point. Are you saying I should run the purchase again? If something goes wrong, I'd just wind up having to ask for a refund all over again.

How can I know it would work this time? Are you saying they put some kind of marker on my account there so they'll get it and process it if I do it again?

Hi, I spoke to our own rep at DLGamer who reviewed your application. He says if you put it through again, he will personally review it for an okay since I am referring your situation to him and if Paypal is okay with this.

gog

Okay, so I came home on my lunch break today and ran the purchase again. I just got home from work, logged onto my account at DLGamer, and it says "cancelled - refunded to PayPal".

Oh well, I'm ready to just let this go now. Thank you all for trying to help me.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I was finally able to download everything, install it, and patch it up!

It went surprisingly smoothly, all things considered. The process is not for the faint of heart - you definitely need to be a highly motivated die-hard lover of Sacred to go through it.

There was a scary snag where my Ice and Blood didn't want to let me enter my activation code (it turned out that I needed to start the program, let it say "unable to access devices", ctrl-alt-del the task manager to get out of it, and then realize that the task manager screen was hiding a window that said "activation needed - enter code here", and that I had to move the task manager window out of the way to see the activation menu.)

Schot's guide to installing Ice and Blood in the tech help section was invaluable! I don't know if I would have made it without that guide.

All my save character files up-converted successfully, and I didn't lose any hours of play or collected equipment.

Thank you all for your help, and I'm really glad that now I can play the same game everybody else on the forums is playing.

Bravo Bel! I know this path was long, lol fraught with some anxieties, but seeing you at the end of the tunnel is great. Thanks for the faith, and gratz on the download!

gogo

Well, I was finally able to download everything, install it, and patch it up!

It went surprisingly smoothly, all things considered. The process is not for the faint of heart - you definitely need to be a highly motivated die-hard lover of Sacred to go through it.

There was a scary snag where my Ice and Blood didn't want to let me enter my activation code (it turned out that I needed to start the program, let it say "unable to access devices", ctrl-alt-del the task manager to get out of it, and then realize that the task manager screen was hiding a window that said "activation needed - enter code here", and that I had to move the task manager window out of the way to see the activation menu.)

Schot's guide to installing Ice and Blood in the tech help section was invaluable! I don't know if I would have made it without that guide.

All my save character files up-converted successfully, and I didn't lose any hours of play or collected equipment.

Thank you all for your help, and I'm really glad that now I can play the same game everybody else on the forums is playing.

Been there, done that - I felt your pain. Very cool that you've got it working! Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I know perhaps this doesn't help our over-seas friends; but what did make me laugh is that the gold pack is the more or less the same price as buying the collectors edition and Ice and Blood separately on Amazon UK. I just bought my brother this as they removed pretty much all sacred 2 references from his Steam account he can't even update his Sacred 2 to 2.40. He was chuffed to say the least that he got the Artwork book and Graphics pack, which he wouldn't have done otherwise.

Hi Spritzen

Before Sacred 2 Gold came out, I remember getting the collector's Edition as well, and then finally just getting the download for Ice and Blood. I've gotten so lazy lately. I actually asked myself if /when Sacred 3 comes out and they offered a collector's edition...would I actually send away for such a huge box again?

Surely they can make a collector's edition all 100 % digital?

gogo

• 5 weeks later...

I'm seeing some odd results on the GameShop page. It might help to know that I'm in the US, first.

First, the links on the DM home page go to the UK versions of Sacred 2, which I expected. The prices are in pounds, which means I need to get that converted before I consider buying. When I switch the site's settings to 'US', I get a screen showing me the message, "Your search did not match any product."

When I go looking through the catalog under this setting, the only thing I find that references the Sacred series is the add-on that gives extra character slots. Nothing about the game itself.

Sacred 2 is available again on Steam, but it's only the FA version; apparently, the Fire & Ice expansion never got a US release, so that add-on and Sacred 2 Gold aren't available there. I've sort of developed a preference for Steam (and/or GOG) for my games now, so it's on my wishlist. Kinda hoping they find a way to include the expansion, but as my wife puts it, "I'd like a pony, too."

Edit: And, apparently, adding links to my posts won't work. So here's the links I tried to put in.

The one for the GameShop page's add-on for Sacred 2:

http://www.dlgamer.c...oad-p-7560.html

And Steam's page on Sacred 2:

http://store.steampo....com/app/22700/

Edited by LonePaladin

Hi Lone Paladin!

You have to process the download in EU screen/interace, as it's a European download for EU Sacred 2 Gold.

We've done a good number of downloads for Americans here on this site, DL Gamer was able to get this going for us a year ago with a lot of tweaking for North Americans and the functionality works out successfully, I've even done a few downloads myself for keys here from Canada.

Please tell us how this goes for you.

gogo

p.s. Unfortunately to combat the invasion of spam bots, there's a setting where new members with less than five posts can't put up links, I'm sorry about this, but you're pretty close to the permissions mark, a few more and you're home free! :bounce:

If I get Sacred 2, it's probably going to have to be the Steam release; the Gold version comes out to a little over $40 US, and my budget for games just doesn't allow anything that high. Heck, half that's pushing it for me. Steam's selling the FA version for $20.

What you are quoting is a good price for just the first part of the game.

Fallen Angel won't come with any of the stuff from Ice and Blood though, and there's a lot on the Wiki documented from the add on that made some significant changes. Price here from DLGamer for Sacred 2 Gold, is still one of the cheapest on the net, but it costs more than just Fallen Angel because you get a combo of both Fallen Angel and Ice and Blood rolled into one.

gogo

If I get Sacred 2, it's probably going to have to be the Steam release; the Gold version comes out to a little over $40 US, and my budget for games just doesn't allow anything that high. Heck, half that's pushing it for me. Steam's selling the FA version for $20.

Like Gogo said - you're only getting about half of the game from Steam. And you can't later get the Ice and Blood Expansion and pop it on top of the Steam version. Actually... There is a way - but it's not easy nor is it guaranteed to work 100% of the time. Mucking about with the registry is NOT for the feint of heart. And even if you do everything according to the instructions, it still may not work out properly.

If you've got Windows Vista or Windows 7 - you're definitely better off getting the Gold version from the link above.

Maybe you could save up for it? Put that $20 aside today, and put another $20 aside next pay check.

Hi Jamison!

I just got your pm regarding your download. Usually DLGamer will respond back to you within a day to manually allow your purchase to process.

And welcome to DarkMatters!

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Woot! Just found out that I could get Sacred 2 Gold for the US through you guys. :) I've known about DarkMatters for years now, used a lot of guides from here for Sacred Gold and Sacred 2, but never posted anything. Now my order for Sacred 2 Gold is processed and I'm just letting it download, can't wait!

Any advice on how to go about patching and updating everything once it's installed? Should I get the community patch? Thanks!

Welcome forth first time poster! I'm happy all the guides were so useful, and that you've been visiting for the Sacred Fix one and two ^^ We were lucky with DLGamer being able to get the downloads for Sacred 2 Gold not only in EU but also here all over North America at what we think is one of the best prices on the net. CM Patch has the latest goodies, and a lot of them have already been documented on the Wiki.

Have fun, and welcome to DarkMatters Jake!

gogo

Any advice on how to go about patching and updating everything once it's installed? Should I get the community patch? Thanks!

Try and find the 2.4 full patch for Fallen Angel and then install Ice and Blood over that. CM is great, I'd say go for it :)

• The topic was unpinned