My last video card ever...right :P

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

well, when taking in my comp to get it all re-outfitted out after about three years of it foundering, the dude down at the local computer store told me that my radeon9800 pro's fan was a bit wonky and that the card was getting incredibly hot.

well, I guess I got sucker punched but sometimes getting a punch, specially regarding stuff like this feel's kinda good, no?

lol, especially considering that after forkin over a big wad of dough (for me anyway) you walk away with divine graphics nirvanna.

And that's what this guy said it was.

AGP is on it's way out and it's almost impossible now to get a a good agp card that can run with it's new cousin pci express (or something like that).

It's the end of the agp era but the dude down at the store told me that nvdidea had made one last go on the agp market and came up with...

Dom Dom Dom Dom....

the Nvidea Geforce 7800 gsoc overclocked

sounds cool huh?

lol, this card is a behemoth (I like sayin that too) with cool fans, natty colors and a penchant for taking big bites out of any games I've been able to get my hands on lately whilst humbling them in my machine.

My processosr isn't all that hot, a 2.54 machine with a gig ram BUT, it's that dual-ram thingy which apparently is pure bus ram (whatever that means tongue.gif) and supposed to be fast.

This with my new card has had goin almost 24/7 tryiing to hunt down graphic monstrosities that my machine says "dare you to make me chug...just...dare ya!"

Leading edge is simply that...an edge...it doesn't last for long but when yo've got it ...oh, it's so sweet. So for now, any of you guys got any recommendations in terms of games with huge requirements that I can throw to the maw of my latest graphics machine?

I can make this latest incarnation last maybe a year and a half...then after that...cuz it was a dell which my parents got me it's bye bye and head out to the local computer stores where upgrading is as simple as saying...

New motherboard please!

:P

gogo