Ice and Blood - Damage Over Time Analysis

hallo again^^,

jep damage is much higher in addon, but there are certain "specialeffekts" as well:

1.) some poison-dot's (like spiders in swamp, garganthropod, "jumping plants", mountquestenemys...) will nor be "filtered" - sorry I miss the right word - by poison armor, ancient bark... at all, I mean u get same damage (dot) no matter if u have 60k poisonarmor or 2k.

here you can see that the team-dot of garganthropod is allways the same, even with very different armorvalues

2.) firedamage does "lower" damage with bark than without if u take the first mod (increase all armor). here u see a exemple. the strange thing is that even the firedots get lower with bark active, poisondots not.

some bosses have a litle chance to make dot's with there attacks: like dragons with there firebreath, the undeath prince with his poisonbullet... if this happens it is getting very dangerous, cause the dots are very high (like direktdamage).

but there is a solution: get "- damage over time" items, this helps allot, if u equip damage over time - 100% there is no dot-damage at all, and it adds without malus.

this does not mean that dragons are harmless, but it's deatly dot is managed.

here you see different damage-values by same armorvalues just different "-damage over time" values (in weaponslots)

here u can see that poisondamage and the dot's from undeath prince !does! get lower with acient bark (different to garganthropod)

and here is another example there u can see that those jumpingthings have also the same effekt (no bark/armor - effekt).

and finaly here is the link to this whole thread, but it's in german.

I would say try to equip damage over time -80 - 100% in niob, this helps allot in certain areas, this way swamp and garganthropod are easy to handle.

greetings sparks

This is a good argument for adding some points to willpower I think. Especially on characters with energy shields where willpower will increase the shield power (more than vitality increases hp in a lot of cases) and willpower will also increase resistance vs DOT.

This is a good argument for adding some points to willpower I think. Especially on characters with energy shields where willpower will increase the shield power (more than vitality increases hp in a lot of cases) and willpower will also increase resistance vs DOT.

I forgot: willpowerbuff's (goldenglade touch (dryad) if moddet or Shadow Warrior-willpowerbuff) is not lowering the poisendots of enemys like swamp-spiders, garganthropod... all those strange poisondot's which are not lowered by armor at all.

but it help's on dragons and firedamage of course^^.

greetings sparks

• 3 weeks later...

sparx... you are a gifted researcher... wow!

Well done with this! lol, if the pix were in English we could them directly to the wiki. You've done a fantastic summation for players on ins and outs of the terrifying new dOts in Sacred 2... akin automatic Chance to Hit being given monsters with sometimes extraordinary damage

:twitch:

gogo

p.s. Ka, I'm with you on the tack for Will Power here... would this time in with perhaps picking spell resistance for a toon that wants to spend lots of time in the swamp?

p.s.s. as note, I split this new topic off from Woody's topic about dragon fire, so that we can have great reference info like the topic on Dragons and this one on Dots referenced for great finding.