Christmas Island Mod - Christmas 24/7!

czevak

Same people of x-mas patch are working on a community patch, still in beta currently and they are still looking for testers. If I got it right, it may be working on international 2.65.x versions. Some quests are fixed, some relics unlocked, ...

From the german sacred forum:

Patch

http://forum.sacred-game.com/showthread.php?t=70989

Comment about language support

http://forum.sacred-game.com/showpost.php?...p;postcount=124

I read this that the changed files are same in all Ice and Blood versions, indenpendant of localization.

High probability that if you depatch you can play closed again was mentioned somewhere in the thread.

And most important, they wrote that they didn't want to be spammed with emails about the progress since they have only limited spare time to work on it. I will try the patch next weekend and willkeep you informed, if noone else is trying it. I have to fight through the 125 articles in the patch thread more carefully first.

Edited by chattius
  • 1 month later...

Is there an upate on where this is at I really can only unfortunately speak English .. oh how I wish now I had taken some language options at school !

Is there an upate on where this is at I really can only unfortunately speak English .. oh how I wish now I had taken some language options at school !

the Community patch is now at version 0064 and so far it's really good - I haven't come across any language issues yet as I believe it doesn't effect localisation (I play in english) and it's really nice to visit places you've visited many times before and suddenly come across new quests.

It's comes as did the Xmas patch with exe to apply the patch and one to remove it - this works well so you can actually play sp with the patch , remove it and then go online closed.

Weirdly I've also noticed one other thing with my own game is it's appears to be more stable for me (I'm on win 7 x64 , using Elite grapghics and physX - so worse case scenario) with the patch applied

the Community patch is now at version 0064 and so far it's really good - I haven't come across any language issues yet as I believe it doesn't effect localisation (I play in english) and it's really nice to visit places you've visited many times before and suddenly come across new quests.

It's comes as did the Xmas patch with exe to apply the patch and one to remove it - this works well so you can actually play sp with the patch , remove it and then go online closed.

Weirdly I've also noticed one other thing with my own game is it's appears to be more stable for me (I'm on win 7 x64 , using Elite grapghics and physX - so worse case scenario) with the patch applied

Good feed back, have just downloaded it and going to try it after a backup is done and will report on how it goes for myself.

Ok commented ... it's good !

Edited by Groosum
  • 3 months later...

I've just downloaded this Mod and when I try to install it carries out a search for compatibility. It then tells me it cannot find 2.65.1........ probably because I have 2.65.2 installed!

Question: Is there any way to install the Christmas Mod without reverting back to 2.65.1

Tia 1Razor

DOH! (Slaps forehead)

Just found it, already have the CM Patch installed. Sei Herzlich bedankt chattius, erst mal guken dann weinen, neh!

Regards Ray

Edited by 1Razor
  • 7 years later...

where can I download this christmas island mod ?

the download link dont work any more

** EDIT **

nvm...lol after researching the forums for it I found it ! its actually included in the community patch download ! found here:

Edited by S4cR3d2
7 hours ago, S4cR3d2 said:

where can I download this christmas island mod ?

the download link dont work any more

** EDIT **

nvm...lol after researching the forums for it I found it ! its actually included in the community patch download ! found here:

Best surprise and best gift from Ascaron ever.  Came out about the time of Christmas.  Rich with content, monsters and a magical story line.

And... free!

:thumbsup:

gogo

I got a little problem now: I got to the imp that has the teleport to xmas island but I had to finish a quest so I pressed escape and now that I got my quest done I went bak to the imp to go to the christmas island but there is no option to teleport there now !!!!:)! I even exited the game and came bak to him and still no go ! How do I fix this ? I went bak ingame again to see if it works now and its still a no go ! im stuck .how to fix this ?

messxmas.thumb.jpg.1fe96f394e01e6a10b45bf1374275ee1.jpg

Edited by S4cR3d2
tried again
18 hours ago, S4cR3d2 said:

Thanks ! That did it.

I'm finally on Christmas island !

messx.thumb.jpg.6e374397d3631604b84ec15309662efc.jpg

I even found Santa Claws ! >>

clws.thumb.jpg.a9f5de59a041f9c538572e22f6e6733e.jpg

That looks so awesome, S4cR3d2...you made your way into the awesome, sweet, lovely, tuck-away Christmas world of Sacred ... Good for you... joy to the day!

Isn't the the music alone just genius  :D

:dance:

• 4 years later...
2 hours ago, jasperrayn said:

any chance to get Christmas without CM 1.60? Link in post is dead. Maybe someone have old Christmas Patch?

You can use the Purist Fixpack:

It lets you choose whether you want the normal Northland Expedition, or the Christmas version.

• Like! 1
13 hours ago, idbeholdME said:

You can use the Purist Fixpack:

It lets you choose whether you want the normal Northland Expedition, or the Christmas version.

Ok, thank you) I will try. I did not understand only about the localization of pfp.  I play in another language, will this be a problem?

2 hours ago, jasperrayn said:

Ok, thank you) I will try. I did not understand only about the localization of pfp.  I play in another language, will this be a problem?

It should be fine I think.

But if you want to swap between normal/Christmas regularly, always do so when starting a new difficulty. Don't play with the Christmas version on Silver and revert back to Northland Expedition while still on Silver. Wait until you unlock Gold and change before starting the difficulty. Swapping it mid-difficulty will most likely lead to quest bugs.

Edited by idbeholdME
  • Appreciation 1
25 minutes ago, idbeholdME said:

It should be fine I think.

But if you want to swap between normal/Christmas regularly, always do so when starting a new difficulty. Don't play with the Christmas version on Silver and revert back to Northland Expedition while still on Silver. Wait until you unlock Gold and change before starting the difficulty. Swapping it mid-difficulty will most likely lead to quest bugs.

ok, thank you)