Discussion - Seraphim Powerhouse :)

InFlames

well, I play on xbox 360, silver and this character hasnt died once so far, which is a good sign I think :cry:

Skills

-Tactics Lore (only till 9 - for Battle Stance mods)

-Sword Weapons (twofold - unlock modifiers for sword weapons, and get dual wield faster :) )

-Dual Wield ( keep no more than -10 from your level - though higher is better)

-Warding Energy Lore (ESSENTIAL to keep at max level)

-Concentration (Level 1 only - For two buffs)

-Armor Lore (Helpful but not essential - upgrade when spare points are around)

-Revered Tech Lore (only level 9 - For Shield mods. NOTE: although Tactics Lore is optional, THIS IS ESSENTIAL)

-Empty

-Empty

-Empty

Combat Art's used

Battle Stance - Pump Runes, regen is no issue in this build MODS:Aggression, Flexibility, Retaliation

Warding Energy - again, Pump Runes, MODS: Field Force, Field Force, Block

Pelting Strikes and Flaring Nova are used as high regen/damage Area of Effect annihilators, No Mods as of yet

Tactics: Basically, this class is used as a damage mop in Online, and is very self supportive in single player, due to the incredible shield strength provided. I have socketed multiple bronze sockets with -0.1/s regen per hit, totalling -0.6/s a hit regen, which recharges my pelting strikes/Flaring nova in around 10 secs which is all I need.

it is also advisable to have one weapon with ive and one with fire, as I have yet to encounter a mob with res to both

total deaths = 1 tiger! D= lol swirling cloud of miasma's weird foggy column thingie almost took me out multiple times, but thats my fault not the classes

NOTE: all of the skills are ones chosen at the moment, which explains the three empty ones :)

Comments, hints, and improvements welcome :)

Hi matt, welcome to DarkMatters! I've added "discussion" to the title of your topic, hopefully some of the other seraphim builders here can come along and give you some critique and ides on the final touches of your build. I have as well moved it into the Seraphim Discussion forum here.

Cheers!

:unsure:

gogo

Heya,

the only thing I question is picking Rev tech Lore instead of Rev tech focus.

The focus would allow you to make your shield level even higher... WEL mastery would then more than suffice.

Tactics lore at only 9 will make you suffer damagewise in late-game encounters.... I'd suggest mastery.

On skill you might want is Combat Discipline for damage.

Try using Dashing Alacricity, it might surprise you :unsure:

Greetz, tc and hf, gl on the build

Edited by Barristan
  • 2 weeks later...

Firstly, thanks for the welcome guys :) been doing some thinking

didnt want to edit previous post cause I like to seethe flaws, well, without further ado lets see how shes going

Currently level 57, new stats in [ ]

Skills

-Tactics Lore 9[55]

-Sword Weapons 1[1]

-Dual Wield 15[35]

-Warding Energy Lore(ESSENTIAL to keep at max level) [37] (slowed down on this a bit when I read about the revered tech focus... didnt know it did that, gonna be my 65 skill

-Concentration (Level 1 only - For two buffs) [1]

-Armor Lore (Helpful but not essential - upgrade when spare points are around) [16]

-Revered Tech Lore (only level 9 ) [35] (see below)

-Celestial Magic Focus [9] healing mods :)

-Speed Lore [14]

-Empty

;

Moved on from Flaring nova to Archangels wrath for the massive increase to damage it gave me, (Mods:Twin Fireballs, Homing, greek Fire)

pelting strikes remains (Mods:Thrust, Focus, Precision)

advice taken, now using Dashing Alacrity, and its awesome :) (Mods: Sprint, Delay)

oh, quick question, is there a cap on run speed? at the moment with dashing alacrity and my +runspeed% items I can run faster than my friends Monitor Lizard :)

Speed Lore is there mainly for the +run speed and Def Value

ive moved away from the tanking spec and im relying a lot on mobility as well as my shields. damage is about 1.5k/2k per hit with 2 swords

so, update is here, any new tips?

Yep, run speed caps at 150%, which will be faster than riding without riding mastery, but who gets riding mastery below level 150 or at any level for that matter? ;). You might want to look at some of the articles in my sig, especially if you're playing console. Hope that helps.

Edited by ka243

Heya,

good to hear that you like Dashing Alacricity :D

It appears to be on of the most underrated Combat Art's for the Seraphim, when it really, really, REALLY isn't :D

The RTF will allow higher shield levels through reading more runes.

Don't worry on the RTL tho, you need it anyways to pump damage on both Nova and Wrath :D

CMF is also a fun choice :D Considered combining The Pillar with Hallowed ? Read '' Arhangel Seraphim build" in my sig for more infoz on that ;)

HF

Greetz

I'll ask this here as this is a seraphim related question, I'm wondering if someone could give their opinions on the Gold mod on Pelting Strikes.

I'm can't really seem to get what's best of Critical Hits or Chance to reduce enemies armor, anyone have a opinion on this one?

I'll ask this here as this is a seraphim related question, I'm wondering if someone could give their opinions on the Gold mod on Pelting Strikes.

I'm can't really seem to get what's best of Critical Hits or Chance to reduce enemies armor, anyone have a opinion on this one?

Same question I had. it would seem if you took reduce armor, your expected to have to hit em again, right? and Crits you are hoping to end the engagement with the first hit, hopefully. IMO :D

We seem to have the same questions about a couple of things these days, first the Sinister Predator Gold mod now this one :D

1-hitting enemies is my goal, but that would be quite difficult in Niob when enemies have HP at 60-100K each.

With the reduce armor mod it only lowers the enemy armor by 50 + 1 per Combat Art level, that sounds to me to be a quite poor amount of reduction, but critical hits on the other hand seems quite good(9.9% + 0.1 per Combat Art level), but then again Criticals Hits is easy to find on jewelries and reduce armor not.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...Pelting_Strikes

Heya,

I would say that chance for crits is the common choice. It would seem that you have already answered your own question Spunky :D

The armor reduction doesn't seem to cut it.

The Seraphim has enough other Combat Art's that have similar effects, but more effective. I also believe that a niob ring with -opponents armor ~9-10% is more effective than this mod.

Melee attacks should do as much damage as possible, thus ruling out the second mod. All I can really say is that my seraphim's have crit chance, and are doing pretty good.

Greetz

Edited by Barristan
Heya,

I would say that chance for crits is the common choice. It would seem that you have already answered your own question Spunky :D

The Seraphim has enough other Combat Art's that have similar effects, but more effective. I also believe that a niob ring with -opponents armor ~9-10% is more effective than this mod.

Melee attacks should do as much damage as possible, thus ruling out the second mod. All I can really say is that my seraphim's have crit chance, and are doing pretty good.

Greetz

and isn't it common to do a combo of Soul hammer with the "weaken" mod and Pelting?so you get them both in a way

Heya,

Greetz

It looks like I have answered my own question yes, so critical hits gonna be my choice :D

Heya,

I would say that chance for crits is the common choice. It would seem that you have already answered your own question Spunky ;)

Greetz

and isn't it common to do a combo of Soul hammer with the "weaken" mod and Pelting?so you get them both in a way

Uhm... now yer blurting out my whole build ;)

On crits and armor reduction: Armor reduction is not useful if the enemy has no armor versus your damage type. Crits is always useful. You can mod soul hammer for armor reduction too and if used in a combo its redundant to do it twice.

Heya,

Greetz

Uhm... now yer blurting out my whole build :)

lol! musta read in here first! :)

Firstly, thanks for the welcome guys :) been doing some thinking

didnt want to edit previous post cause I like to seethe flaws, well, without further ado lets see how shes going

Skills

-Tactics Lore 9[55]

-Sword Weapons 1[1]

-Dual Wield 15[35]

-Warding Energy Lore(ESSENTIAL to keep at max level) [37] (slowed down on this a bit when I read about the revered tech focus... didnt know it did that, gonna be my 65 skill

-Armor Lore (Helpful but not essential - upgrade when spare points are around) [16]

-Speed Lore [14]

-Empty

;

Moved on from Flaring nova to Archangels wrath for the massive increase to damage it gave me, (Mods:Twin Fireballs, Homing, greek Fire)

advice taken, now using Dashing Alacrity, and its awesome :D (Mods: Sprint, Delay)

oh, quick question, is there a cap on run speed? at the moment with dashing alacrity and my +runspeed% items I can run faster than my friends Monitor Lizard :)

ive moved away from the tanking spec and im relying a lot on mobility as well as my shields. damage is about 1.5k/2k per hit with 2 swords

Just my two cents, but I highly recommend your last skill choice be Exalted Warrior Focus. You will need to increase your "max level without penalty" for Battle Stance and Pelting Strikes/Soul Hammer as you progress through higher levels. It will also help to get you Dashing Alacrity up to the level where the duration of the spell is longer than the cooldown (don't need to worry about the regeneration part due to regen per hit), so that you can continously have DA "on".

I may be totally wrong here, but I think you may have issues with the amount of damage you deal if you do not keep your melee attack Combat Arts at as high a level as possible through Platinum and Niob difficulties. I would assume you're playing this character as a "hybrid" - a fighter-mage if you will - and I would think that most of your damage is dealt with your weapons, with the spells as support - Radiant Pillar, Flaring Nova and Hallowed Restoration. Actually, Archangel's Wrath is a very good attack Combat Art, the main issue I have with it is "flight time" - which really screws with your regen. per hit modifiers if you happen to auto-target a distant enemy in the heat of battle. (playing on console?)

Can I ask whereabouts you are in the campaigning? I only ask because I just barely squeaked past the final boss on Gold difficulty

at level 56. Although my build has many different skill choices, it would be difficult to compare, but I was curious!

Best of luck toiling in darkness!

Scott

hmm, guess ill have to way up the pros and cons of shield/AW between PS/BS....not really a big fan of soul hammer personally, much prefer pelting strikes.

any idea of what level DA has to be to reach that? I hit 60 earlier, and the +All Combat Art regen times on my mount is a crippler for this build, so ive been walking... :)

my archangels wrath is modded with homing anyway, so its more of a "fire and forget" spell, capable of 1 shotting most champions my level. been thinking of modding Radiant pillar but not sure of which modes to choose...they all look pretty attractive.

Campaign, Bronze+Silver both completed, and just entering the desert on gold.

oh and by the way, final boss at 56? sweet! :P

my archangels wrath is modded with homing anyway, so its more of a "fire and forget" spell, capable of 1 shotting most champions my level. been thinking of modding Radiant pillar but not sure of which modes to choose...they all look pretty attractive.

Campaign, Bronze+Silver both completed, and just entering the desert on gold.

oh and by the way, final boss at 56? sweet! :P

Hrm... I've been playing a melee seraphim, so I haven't been using any of the Celestial spells. From what I've seen, the main attraction for Radiant Pillar is the "slowing" mod you can get with it. Mainly used for Bosses and champs, or so I've read.

Yes... finishing Gold at 56 was sweet.... and tough. Mostly because I was boosting Enhanced Perception instead of my Exalted Warrior Focus or Offensive Skills, so my damage has always been low with this build. Not that it mattered that much, since the life leech % really does "all" the work against the Bosses.

Completed Platinum at level 78.... and extremely tough. Just not enough hit points (I assume) as any critical hit (or Combat Art, whatever it is that does the HUGE damage) from the Final Guardian is a one-shot-kill. Tried 4 times, on the second try, I got an amazing random drop chest armour piece from the 2nd Guardian, and that made all the difference as I added 8.5% all channel mitigation and +80% armour value (after filling the 2 gold slots with armour % boosters). This improved my armour enough to survive a critical hit by the Final Guardian, and spamming health potions to the beat of some good drum'n'bass seemed to do the trick :agreed:

Well, back to toiling thru darkness!

Scott

There is a very big difficulty boost between plat and niob which is why you will need very good defense/armor/reflection/Mitigation/hitpoints/energy shield or divine protection levels at that point.

Firstly, thanks for the welcome guys :D been doing some thinking

Skills

-Tactics Lore 9[55]

-Sword Weapons 1[1]

-Dual Wield 15[35]

-Speed Lore [14]

-Empty

;

advice taken, now using Dashing Alacrity, and its awesome :) (Mods: Sprint, Delay)

There is a very big difficulty boost between plat and niob which is why you will need very good defense/armor/reflection/Mitigation/hitpoints/energy shield or divine protection levels at that point.

If you want to construct a dual wield seraphim with no bargaining ON CONSOLES, I would build it like this:

-Tactics Lore (character level til 75)

-Warrior Focus

-Dual Wield

-Rev tech FOCUS (Divine protection levels - mod for capacity, boost and Combat Art Block ASAP and then pump those divine protection runes forever....)

-Armor lore

-Concentration

-Warding Energy Lore

-Constitution

-Toughness

- Open - Suggest: Combat Discipline

Mod battle stance for hit chance.

Actually, chain-castable divine protection is about all the defense you'll need on console but the other defensive skills are nice and will certainly help.

I would use only battle stance buff for the most part. The concentration is there to help with the regen times in the early game.

Divine protection duration got nerfed in PC version 2.40 because the developers decided it was too powerful with the capacity and boost mods... So its too bad not to take advantage of its power on console versions where it is not nerfed at all unless you want to intentionally make the game harder.

If you want bargaining, drop concentration and the last skill for EP and bargaining and get them early.

I can't justify sword weapons for only unlocking sword modifiers or speed lore for only hit chance. You'll have plenty of defensive power with the skills above and run speed is easy to get from gear and chain-castable dashing alacrity makes it a non-issue anyway. You can get lots of hit chance from the dual wield skill and from battle stance mods.

Combat Arts:

- Dashing + Divine protection combo

- Soul Hammer + Pelting Combo

- Divine protection alone

- Dashing alone

This could easily be made into a 2-handed build by subbing either polearms or sword weapons for dual wield. Polearms would be the better choice in this case due to the types of polearms available.

... but I'd rather have a BFG since I find melee targetting on consoles to be very annoying. My console BFG build in my guide.

Edited by ka243