Voodoo Dryad (black magic woman)

Armor Lore should be in any build as without it you would need to use second hand armors or else you run speed will be reduced so much that you can barely move.

Edited by Spunky
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armor Lore should be in any build as without it you would need to use second hand armors or else you run speed will be reduced so much that you can barely move.

yikes... well I just realized that I can not get it as its a secondary skill and there is no room for the primary....

yikes... well I just realized that I can not get it as its a secondary skill and there is no room for the primary....

I can't say I have ever created a build without Armor lore. the use of higher level armors and the armor multipier is key I think to any build. Having said that. with High level (niob ) black smith arts for armor you may be able to come close on the armor multiplier side. but that means several sockets on your armor now taken by armor arts.

I can't say I have ever created a build without Armor lore. the use of higher level armors and the armor multipier is key I think to any build. Having said that. with High level (niob ) black smith arts for armor you may be able to come close on the armor multiplier side. but that means several sockets on your armor now taken by armor arts.

Hmmmm, I am semi worried now about this build..... if you were to change the skills around in the build on post 1 to get armor lore, what would you recommend?

What does Cabalistic Voodoo Lore really do for you here? What would you think of this build?

Nature weaver lore: 75+

Cabillstic voodoo focus: Enough for mods early then more later to up VD effectiveness

Ancient magic: 75+

Combat disicpline: 1

Concentration: 1

Nature Focus: 75+

EP: 5 (unlock Bargain)

Bargain: Max

Combat Reflexes: 5 (unlock ArMOR)

Armor Lore: 75+

basically throwing Voodoo Lore overboard for Armor.... I am not sure how much effect Lore has on VD however.

What does Cabalistic Voodoo Lore really do for you here? What would you think of this build?

Cabillstic voodoo focus: Enough for mods early then more later to up VD effectiveness

basically throwing Voodoo Lore overboard for Armor.... I am not sure how much effect Lore has on VD however.

Cabalistic Voodoo Lore doesn't raise dmg of Viperish Disease.

Cabalistic Voodoo Lore doesn't raise dmg of Viperish Disease.

so what good is it in a VD build?

Seems I now have it working perfectly :D Was playing a HE for the past day or two for a break. I think to begin with, one of my quest hirelings must have used VD.....O.o Because I went outside Khorum and the disease started without me using the skill....I dunno, well anyway I went up 6 levels and mapped over 60% of the desert in doing so =D

Oh and by the way kat, I think you was meaning.

'Run, run, as fast as you can. You can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread man.'

Edited by sam6555
Seems I now have it working perfectly :lol: Was playing a HE for the past day or two for a break. I think to begin with, one of my quest hirelings must have used VD.....O.o Because I went outside Khorum and the disease started without me using the skill....I dunno, well anyway I went up 6 levels and mapped over 60% of the desert in doing so =D

Okay a lot of questions01ill answer one of the mains to armor lore or not to armor lore. You could easily remove voodoo lore and take combat flexes to gain acess to armor lore @ 50. It is a very useful skill to have as someone stated it lowers regen times penalties gained from having heavy armor on.

but use loose this from voodoo lore.

Cabalistic Voodoo Lore

Increases damage, critical chance, and cast speed for this aspect.

Ive built this character 3xs in different ways and this worked best. so totaly up to you. If you/I were to take out voodoo lore and replace it then take nature lore as 1st pick to five and rid yourself of voodoo lore and take the focus only.

Combo flexes and this build pretty much makes her invincible So play Super girl or live at least a lil on the danger side w/ the build up to you.

Ok so my Dryad is at level 36 right now, and I'm just gonna zoom through the story to unlock gold mode, but I'm struggling to kill mobs without any Area of Effect like spells (I'm used to playing Flaring seraphim or BT HE) Edalphic Lances seems the best bet, but it has such bad targetting. Good thing about it is the 1.5sec recharge with 2 buffs on but still. It's a very narrow linear skill with bad targeting :P I haven't tried the Tangled Vine Combat Art on mobs quite yet, but well see.

Oh and also, for anyone still having any trouble with getting it started. Never go near or through any towns or settlements This seems to 'cure' everything of the disease and you have to start it up all over again.

Edited by sam6555

yes coming close to town cures the diseased. also the bc tv and el combo is a must. the mobs will move out of the way if there not held in place by tangled vines. also Darting Assault is her Area of Effect combat art which you wont be able to take advantage of for the lack of hunter focus. this build is purely to level your shopper fast and get awesome amulets and rings for you main toons. so level kill bosses and advance to the next difficulty when you feel safe.

Seems I now have it working perfectly :) Was playing a HE for the past day or two for a break. I think to begin with, one of my quest hirelings must have used VD.....O.o Because I went outside Khorum and the disease started without me using the skill....I dunno, well anyway I went up 6 levels and mapped over 60% of the desert in doing so =D

Okay a lot of questions01ill answer one of the mains to armor lore or not to armor lore. You could easily remove voodoo lore and take combat flexes to gain acess to armor lore @ 50. It is a very useful skill to have as someone stated it lowers regen times penalties gained from having heavy armor on.

Cabalistic Voodoo Lore

Ive built this character 3xs in different ways and this worked best. so totaly up to you. If you/I were to take out voodoo lore and replace it then take nature lore as 1st pick to five and rid yourself of voodoo lore and take the focus only.

Combo flexes and this build pretty much makes her invincible So play Super girl or live at least a lil on the danger side w/ the build up to you.

Thx for the reply. I am going to stick with your build and not have armor lore. I believe I will be playing this guy 99% of the time in the desert just running around so I should be ok. I will call my wife's services to get me through the harder bosses when I need to advance.

Seems I now have it working perfectly :) Was playing a HE for the past day or two for a break. I think to begin with, one of my quest hirelings must have used VD.....O.o Because I went outside Khorum and the disease started without me using the skill....I dunno, well anyway I went up 6 levels and mapped over 60% of the desert in doing so =D

Cabalistic Voodoo Lore

Thx for the reply. I am going to stick with your build and not have armor lore. I believe I will be playing this guy 99% of the time in the desert just running around so I should be ok. I will call my wife's services to get me through the harder bosses when I need to advance.

Right now I am going through Silver to reach gold and I'm only level 38 and just killed the miasma for the second time. What I suggest is, get some running equipment and run past all the mobs (with this build it takes forever to kill stuff like that) And when you do need to kill stuff, just use VD+autoattack, for bosses the Black curse+tangled vine+Edelphic works brilliantly, each thorn hits the boss if it's big enough. The octo went down in 2 of that combo :sigh:

Cabalistic Voodoo Lore

Right now I am going through Silver to reach gold and I'm only level 38 and just killed the miasma for the second time. What I suggest is, get some running equipment and run past all the mobs (with this build it takes forever to kill stuff like that) And when you do need to kill stuff, just use VD+autoattack, for bosses the Black curse+tangled vine+Edelphic works brilliantly, each thorn hits the boss if it's big enough. The octo went down in 2 of that combo :sigh:

I made it to the swamp but there is 0% chance that I have the patience to do all the mist dudes on my own. I REALLY wish that when you teamed up with someone that it allowed BOTH of you to get the quest because doing all these multiple times really stinks IMO. At the very least I wish I could simply go straight to the boss or something and move on. Running around doing the talking quests back and forth drive me nuts.

Yea the mist dudes took me like 20 mins each just of autoattacking with the odd edaphic/tangled, along with bark+sinister buffs on. What I have just done though, is traded lots of runes in my storage for moribund runes, so I have a level 13 Moribund now, hopefully he can solo alot of the stuff for me while I support with my throwing star (need a good blowpipe) :) I still got 1 mist dude to kill *sigh*

Yea the mist dudes took me like 20 mins each just of autoattacking with the odd edaphic/tangled, along with bark+sinister buffs on. What I have just done though, is traded lots of runes in my storage for moribund runes, so I have a level 13 Moribund now, hopefully he can solo alot of the stuff for me while I support with my throwing star (need a good blowpipe) :) I still got 1 mist dude to kill *sigh*

Are you using the skills recommended on this build exactly or did you get armor lore?

Only thing I see useful on it's own is shield lore. I woulda chose ranged weapons or something but ideally you'd need 3 skills for any weapons to be of use (ranged/tactics/capricious)

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Dryad

This shows all the skills a dryad can get.

I suppose Combat Reflexes could be useful but meh :P I got a pretty good shield on for now so. :)

Only thing I see useful on it's own is shield lore. I woulda chose ranged weapons or something but ideally you'd need 3 skills for any weapons to be of use (ranged/tactics/capricious)

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Dryad

This shows all the skills a dryad can get.

I suppose Combat Reflexes could be useful but meh :P I got a pretty good shield on for now so. :)

I think I will probably go Shield Lore as well. Keep me posted on your progress. I think I might try to run the Jungle at lunch pending on how bad the first Mist is.

Well I just killed the second mist, just gonna run towards the third now. I'm level 40 now, basically just spam Edalphic over and over and don't use Moribund cos it will run into mist and go poof :) Also don't move around, just target with a ranged weapon or whatever, then spam edalphic then wait for the next ones. Let the mist come to you so you don't aggro any nearby mobs :) Simple really. Oh and my skills atm are

Voodoo lore 9-27 <--hard points-soft points (as in +all skills)

nature lore 31-47

EP 5-21

Bargaining 40-74 :P

Concentration 1-17

nature focus 40-56

CD 1-17

Voodoo focus 1-17

Just incase you wanna be nosey :)

Well I just killed the second mist, just gonna run towards the third now. I'm level 40 now, basically just spam Edalphic over and over and don't use Moribund cos it will run into mist and go poof :) Also don't move around, just target with a ranged weapon or whatever, then spam edalphic then wait for the next ones. Let the mist come to you so you don't aggro any nearby mobs :) Simple really. Oh and my skills atm are

Voodoo lore 9-27 <--hard points-soft points (as in +all skills)

nature lore 31-47

EP 5-21

Bargaining 40-74 :P

Concentration 1-17

nature focus 40-56

CD 1-17

Voodoo focus 1-17

Just incase you wanna be nosey :)

HA! Thanks for sharing. I am using some gear that I got from a guy on these forums for my shopper so I have some SWEET +skills gear :)

I plan on keeping our 2 characters that we enjoy playing "Clean" meaning we will only use items that we find ourselves or that I shop. Yeah, yeah, I know that one can argue that my shopper is "tainted" but I don't care, I don't have enough time/patience to not take the handout which is making this much easier/safer/faster to play catch up to our other character levels. Soon as I get him to our level I am going to ice him and just shop ammy/rings for our other 2 characters. The thought of getting this VD dude to Niob kind of makes my stomach hurt though... LOL. I plan on leaving him in Gold for a while I think.

I don't plan on getting this dryad to niob either. :P It's just as a nice boost, probably gonna leave it around level 50 or so for a while, till I get a few more chars up there in the levels. May take it to 75 after a while, but well have to see. Main reason for not taking it very far is because it cannot handle mobs well at all unless exploiting VD :) I do have another Dryad build planned for another Dryad that I make that 'shouldn't' abuse VD. It was called Unipumas guide to dryad for lazy rich people. http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8998 >.<

I don't plan on getting this dryad to niob either. :P It's just as a nice boost, probably gonna leave it around level 50 or so for a while, till I get a few more chars up there in the levels. May take it to 75 after a while, but well have to see. Main reason for not taking it very far is because it cannot handle mobs well at all unless exploiting VD :) I do have another Dryad build planned for another Dryad that I make that 'shouldn't' abuse VD. It was called Unipumas guide to dryad for lazy rich people. http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8998 >.<

Finished the SWAMP at lunch. I modded the vines all the way through first and with the boost in INT from that spell I am able to kill small groups easily, the big mobs I just run by. Figure I can mod the thorns later on because I probably won't need them to hit harder until much later in the game.