Voodoo Dryad (black magic woman)

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to be a party pooper here... but... if this is an exploit aren't we just taking advantage of what appears to be a bug here? Which would be the equivalent of cheating, yes? Can anybody confirm from prior dev comments or from the updated PC version if this skill is intended to work this way? I seem to be hearing from PC users that the "kill everything off screen" part has been removed. Is this the case?

whether it's wrong or right, expect people such as myself to exploit it =D

You see *insert biggest canadian money note here* on the floor, you going to just leave it there, or pick it up?

Exactly sam!

I rebuilt this toon for the avid player so she would be more useful its taking a bit longer to build her. In the end she will be a heck of a lot more usefull. This toon usses the dual wield aspect that purple mentioned in these thread but shes not purely a caster. she can dish out some damage. Also you will have a high level shopper that can do any quest w/o running around and around for minutes to kill the mob. I'll do a different thread for BMW Version 2.0.

This one is more well rounded shopper/bosskiller/quester/voodoo experiencer.

In a word "QUEEN"

Why did u take concentration? to lower the regen?

Yes concentration was only picked for farming shrunken heads or killing bosses. So I could have Animus and ancient bark up at the same time. Animus was my 3rd supply of damage helping get rid of bosses w/ this build. !st offensive move was casting black curse on the monster followed by tangled vines then Edelphic lances. After that I would cast VD on the boss and have animus out taking care of the rest of its HP if it were still alive. Before casting any of that though make sure acute mind is up because it boost the damage of Edelphic Lances amazingly. W/ this build I didnt eat a whole lot of ruins because shes a shopper You will find alot of + combat arts amulets. Which will boost your combat arts obviously. These also have a extremly low regen penalty if any at all. So regen times werent a problem. I could do BC,TV, and EL literally back to back so all monsters would die with in 10-20 secs depending on hp and world difficulty.

Hi here can any xbox 360 users out there offer any tips on this, I get every mob glowing green as though they are infected but don't see any damage. Sometimes I get a trickle of XP, sometimes none for ages, then on the odd occasion a massiove spurt. Any tips from those xbox users who have had sucess?

Exactly sam!

I rebuilt this toon for the avid player so she would be more useful its taking a bit longer to build her. In the end she will be a heck of a lot more usefull. This toon usses the dual wield aspect that purple mentioned in these thread but shes not purely a caster. she can dish out some damage. Also you will have a high level shopper that can do any quest w/o running around and around for minutes to kill the mob. I'll do a different thread for BMW Version 2.0.

In a word "QUEEN"

Karruptedkat

where is your QUEEN build:) I am keen to see it and start :P

Exactly sam!

In a word "QUEEN"

Karruptedkat

where is your QUEEN build:) I am keen to see it and start :P

I don't think he/she has put it on these forums yet, I'm also waiting for it ^^

Oh yay! A Console build that works great! Finally ! :yay:

:o, even a shopper!? Well I am getting the fck off of my stupid dryad and doing this, this looks very yummy. Will give feedback :D

Hi here can any xbox 360 users out there offer any tips on this, I get every mob glowing green as though they are infected but don't see any damage. Sometimes I get a trickle of XP, sometimes none for ages, then on the odd occasion a massiove spurt. Any tips from those xbox users who have had sucess?

I have the same problem :S

Maybe it doesn't work out as fast as we would hope in early levels?...

EDIT: level 16 and still have the problem on xbox, not so sure about this class for I may just use it to bargain for a seraphim <--haven't made one yet :P

Edited by dameware

omg, I just bumped into this video, helped A LOT! I flawlessly do the VD nao :lol: ....RAPE!

EDIT: No matter what you do people, keep moving, and change directions a lot, otherwise the disease will stop; and don't forget to recast every now-and-then, because the xbox = lame if not done 100% CORRECT!

Edited by dameware
omg, I just bumped into this video, helped A LOT! I flawlessly do the VD nao :thumbsup: ....RAPE!

EDIT: No matter what you do people, keep moving, and change directions a lot, otherwise the disease will stop; and don't forget to recast every now-and-then, because the xbox = lame if not done 100% CORRECT!

lol I made videos also posted them up but I dont even know where they ended up they were in the incorrect place so there where moved. search bmw videos and youll see the ones I posted of recreating this build. To your comment if you do it this way you cant go wrong w/ her she will thrill you again and again. seraphim is a great build as well but this one works 100% of the time. pre 20 its a lil slow speeds up at 10 but evens out after 20.

Edited by karruptedkat

This thread is hugely successful. Congratulations Kat!

Can someone please point me to a decent video showing the VD Combat Art functionality in action? I've never actually seen it work live.

Thanks

:)

gogo

This thread is hugely successful. Congratulations Kat!

Can someone please point me to a decent video showing the VD Combat Art functionality in action? I've never actually seen it work live.

Thanks

:woot:

gogo

Ty gogo I do my best to check back and help the people and keep them interested in the class. I built a dual wield version similr to this one but w/ tactics but I found myself still using the same mac to actually kill the bosses.

heres a half screen shot of whats needed to be done but ill shoot a better one.

th_level.jpg

th_VID00001-20100211-2004.jpg

th_swamp-1.jpg

Edited by karruptedkat

Getting started video!

th_video1.jpg

Spreading vd no mods

th_video2.jpg

Spreading love and killing white griffin @ level 5

th_video3.jpg

Death by voodoo.

th_video4death.jpg

Swamp and desert spread

th_swampanddesert.jpg

Edited by karruptedkat

ty ty ty ty ! :bounce: The vids helped out ((:

I also enjoy the hyper little kids as your background music :bounce:

One question, why not record to the point where it shows the experience flood in desert/swamp areas so people who want proof this actually works can see it in action?

EDIT : Someone on live told me you should only cast a maximum of 13 VD's or it will eff up? Is he correct, I doubt he is lol.

Edited by dameware

Done lol... oh there are still people in disbelief? What other class have you seen get 3 levels in 20 secs:P. Ill try and make it trigger and catch it on video for ya. my next day off. lol yeah my kids proactive. theres was a short glimpse of it in some of the swamp vid but was holding back my son from running in front of the camera.

Done lol... oh there are still people in disbelief? What other class have you seen get 3 levels in 20 secs:P. Ill try and make it trigger and catch it on video for ya. my next day off. lol yeah my kids proactive. theres was a short glimpse of it in some of the swamp vid but was holding back my son from running in front of the camera.

Lol no problem. And im just having trouble getting it to work in the desert, and I want to see it in action to see if I'm doing anything wrong.

Its more rare in the dessert since its so vast to see the super fast experience. but if you stick to the western edge and use the insect head you see it happen often. the swamps a pain because of the bind but getting experience scrolls to trigger happen alot faster. Ive seen it happen w/ in 1 minute of casting on the first mob. I'll see if I can catch it on video in the desert. Best place to start in the dessert is from badwai then head directly south then north west and back toward Badwai. If you get borred stroll east.

Its more rare in the dessert since its so vast to see the super fast experience. but if you stick to the western edge and use the insect head you see it happen often. the swamps a pain because of the bind but getting experience scrolls to trigger happen alot faster. Ive seen it happen w/ in 1 minute of casting on the first mob. I'll see if I can catch it on video in the desert. Best place to start in the dessert is from badwai then head directly south then north west and back toward Badwai. If you get borred stroll east.

KarruptedKat

Please post your QUEEN build. I need a new dryad shopper build that dual wields like you mentioned a few weeks ago. >)