Voodoo Dryad (black magic woman)

I updated back to patched sacred 2, went on gold, and it works fine, I guess it's all good now and im officially one of the pro's! On 360 tho, there is a bunch of people with experience gear that says, "+experience 280,876.13% and they gave me a shield that had that. I got from lev 76 to 111 in one small vd run. How the hell are they doing this? D: sorta ruining the game ):

EDIT: Having a little trouble with money on this char, any tips?

go figure you're having trouble with money on that char, you're leveling too fast. I had a ridiculous rune on diablo2, huge xp and gains to stats...used it for like a week then deleted the char, took all the fun out of the game...

Go figure, bargaining has money for breakfast, lunch and dinner... + snacks! Well im guessing as long as she can solo plat at around 150-200 ill be fine in attaining money through the main campaign. Ancient bark + GG Touch = invincible... not to mention the shield lore :)

Karrupted, do you think this can make it through plat?

EDIT: Now around 140, I got shield lore to mastery for the bonus which is quite lovely.

Edited by dameware
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no doubt @ 150 whith her I can beat Niob Havent done it yet but read my last post I will not with her. Okay heres the story so after figurring out I could save my game to a flash card and download it back to the system as many times as I wanted A little light came on over my head. Then the little devil appeared on my shoulder and said DO IT DO IT Dont be scarred. Well I should have been. Some already know where im going with this. So I created another user ID on my ps3 with online acess so I could trade between characters. BIG NO NO. The original thought was how do I get two of these nice rings hmm trade them to myself. DO NOT DO THIS. Now not only did I figure out I cant trade to myself, but now my Dryad cant trade anyone and she walks around with a dunce cap on in shame. So now Ive been blocked from helping others trying to help myself DOH.

Now the only upside to this story is I have the main ingridients to A Voodoo cake. Which is very easy to bake. Thanks to ViolentR I have a super fast way to take her from 1-18(I wouldnt recomend leveling past that on the power level). So here is how it works. Go ofline and also delete the Sacred 2 system utilities file(The one with out your characters highest level listed underneath). Reinstall the game oflline. Start a campaign on your highest character and open up all the quick quest. like kobold chief, muggers, blacksmith tutorial etc. Now go and do everything up to the part where you collect the experience points/reward(on all the quest) for doing the quest. SAve your game and exit. now save this file on a flash card. Now create a second user on your ps3 and start a level one character. save exit and go back to your main handle on the ps3. Start the same campaign and go to the town where all the quest have not been completed. have player 2(2nd user enter the game) and complete the quest. save then exit player 2 1st now player one. Go to your game utilities which list your highest level character and delete it. Now acess your flash card which is directly over the game utilities and copy the file back on the system. Now do as you done before start the campaign again have player 2 come back in and do the same thing. Walla now your charater just jumped from 1-10 in 3 minutes playtime.

Another thing you ask is well 1-18 fast but they will not have any runes read no problem there do the runemaster tutorialto collect on some good runes. Also you will be low on cash so if your characters strong enough do blind guardian even at 12 all the items will sale for a fast 100-300k^^

Thanks KK, your word that I could make it through plat helped, getting millions of gold by the second now and money isn't an issue :P

Everyone who has issues with money on this build, do this.

1. VD Glitch

2. Once you see offmap foes infected, camp with the group chasing you and roast you some smores.

3. once dead, pick up remains. Desert mainly for good drops, EP gear/relics can help a small chunk.

ok, so after getting 2.5 levels in short fashion last night in the desert, I see why you guys love that place. I'm at 70 now, might be 75 tonight (unless my wife comes home with Modnation Racers, then I'll still be at 70 tomorrow). Looking forward to hitting 75 and getting mastery on Bargaining, Nature Weaver Focus and Lore (Voodoo Focus will be after that). Gotta get GGT fully modded (because it's not) and AM after that (but I need level 100 for that to be fully modded). My boy keeps laughing at the fact that I'm dumping everything into like 5 skills and nothing else is even at 10. Nowhere near as fast as Karrupted but I'm say 40 hours in and this is my biggest char so it's not like I can glitch to a higher difficulty to maximize xp...besides, I'm having fun with it so thats all that matters.

Oh, and I found my first +5 all skills amulet last night (+5 all skills, +4 all CAs)

Edited by mainerunr

There will be alot more where those come from so don't even worry about those skills at ten. That's the beauty of a bargaining character. those skills will be alot higher in just a little bit. you will easily have those level 10 skills at 200 plus with out adding a point more into there current state. Thru socketing + skill rings/amulets into your gear. quick example my baragaining dryad has +130 in bargaining relice shes level 157 so her baragaining is 157 but her total bargaining skill is 512^^ woot use that in my shopping set. I take off some of that + skill while leveling

Edited by karruptedkat

ok, so I picked up 5 levels last night and got to mastery in Bargaining, Nature Weaver Lore and Nature Weaver Focus. Also finished modding GGT (Acute Mind is all thats left). Next up for Mastery is Voodoo Focus and I'll keep driving the other 3 to 100 at least. I've totally ignored half of my skills and thats ok. Those 5 levels took about 90 minutes but I kept doubling back, junking inventory and selling at the merchant between runs. I didnt notice much difference in what the merchants had available from 74 to 75 (hard points in Bargaining) but my running gear has barganing at 149, shopping gear only bumps it to 176. I do have 3-4 slots available between my shield and sword that I could add all skills to, I'm just loathe to socket yet because once I do, I know I lose them if I want to upgrade later.

Not I just need to figure out what runes to trade for...maybe later I'll post how many runes I've eaten so far (not many)

ok, so I picked up 5 levels last night and got to mastery in Bargaining, Nature Weaver Lore and Nature Weaver Focus. Also finished modding GGT (Acute Mind is all thats left). Next up for Mastery is Voodoo Focus and I'll keep driving the other 3 to 100 at least. I've totally ignored half of my skills and thats ok. Those 5 levels took about 90 minutes but I kept doubling back, junking inventory and selling at the merchant between runs. I didnt notice much difference in what the merchants had available from 74 to 75 (hard points in Bargaining) but my running gear has barganing at 149, shopping gear only bumps it to 176. I do have 3-4 slots available between my shield and sword that I could add all skills to, I'm just loathe to socket yet because once I do, I know I lose them if I want to upgrade later.

Not I just need to figure out what runes to trade for...maybe later I'll post how many runes I've eaten so far (not many)

Awesome Mainerunr a couple of quick tips. At the level your at you can scratch voodoo focus mastery all together its a back burner kinda food. Only use that pan in case of emergency. Pump the points you planned to spend there in bargaining then dump the rest in nature lore your hp regen will sore. My voodoo focus at 157 was pretty low I'm off line now so I cant tell you the exact number but I believe it was around 40 if that. If you picked voodoo lore you can spend points there to mod the rest of your combo arts but nix the point alocation in voodoo focus all together. Unless you wont the animus to do all your killing. Even then hes not going to hold a candle to what your main boss killer combo can do in 2 presses. Also one of the best boosters of your bargaining skill is through relics you wear so next time you are shopping check the merchant for relics that he has there. They are allot better then the ones you find running around while leveling.

Awesome Mainerunr a couple of quick tips. At the level your at you can scratch voodoo focus mastery all together its a back burner kinda food. Only use that pan in case of emergency. Pump the points you planned to spend there in bargaining then dump the rest in nature lore your hp regen will sore. My voodoo focus at 157 was pretty low I'm off line now so I cant tell you the exact number but I believe it was around 40 if that. If you picked voodoo lore you can spend points there to mod the rest of your combo arts but nix the point alocation in voodoo focus all together. Unless you wont the animus to do all your killing. Even then hes not going to hold a candle to what your main boss killer combo can do in 2 presses. Also one of the best boosters of your bargaining skill is through relics you wear so next time you are shopping check the merchant for relics that he has there. They are allot better then the ones you find running around while leveling.

I'm running six +6/+7 bargaining relics already. I do check every time. Also, I've got Bargaining and both Nature Weaver Focus and Lore at char level, I get 5 points per level so if I put one in each of those, I have two to spare every level. I suppose I could drop them in some of the other skills (EP, VD Lore, Conc, Combat Disc, Anc Magic of Shield Lore...)

My plan is to keep the nature weaver skills at level until 100 so I can finish modding Acute Mind, keeping Bargaining at level too.

I'm running six +6/+7 bargaining relics already. I do check every time. Also, I've got Bargaining and both Nature Weaver Focus and Lore at char level, I get 5 points per level so if I put one in each of those, I have two to spare every level. I suppose I could drop them in some of the other skills (EP, VD Lore, Conc, Combat Disc, Anc Magic of Shield Lore...)

My plan is to keep the nature weaver skills at level until 100 so I can finish modding Acute Mind, keeping Bargaining at level too.

I feel once you get Bargaining mastered, you may want to put points elsewhere for mastery bonuses. But, I guess if you're running VD for levels, that's probably not needed. If you're going to grind out some quests, etc, then I would leave Barg. at 75, and get some other skills mastered. After you get your AM modded, then stop with the Nature skills as well. But what to master next... I'm not entirely sure!

I feel once you get Bargaining mastered, you may want to put points elsewhere for mastery bonuses. But, I guess if you're running VD for levels, that's probably not needed. If you're going to grind out some quests, etc, then I would leave Barg. at 75, and get some other skills mastered. After you get your AM modded, then stop with the Nature skills as well. But what to master next... I'm not entirely sure!

I think once I get AM fully modded I'm going to start dumping points into Ancient Magic and Combat discipline, both are very low right now. I am planning on completing the main quest because I have no other way of getting to platinum. I am running VD for levels but I do still need boss killer Combat Arts. I dont have a ton of runes read in anything (because I dont have a ton of runes to read). If I thought EP would help me get more runes, I'd probably dump points into that, as it is I may make an EP relic set and stop running all that extra bargaining when I dont need it (maybe +42 more EP will help with drops?)

Coins dont seem to be too much of an issue, I havent bought much except rings, ammys and relics (and traded runes).

Edited by mainerunr
I think once I get AM fully modded I'm going to start dumping points into Ancient Magic and Combat discipline, both are very low right now. I am planning on completing the main quest because I have no other way of getting to platinum. I am running VD for levels but I do still need boss killer Combat Arts. I dont have a ton of runes read in anything (because I dont have a ton of runes to read). If I thought EP would help me get more runes, I'd probably dump points into that, as it is I may make an EP relic set and stop running all that extra bargaining when I dont need it (maybe +42 more EP will help with drops?)

Coins dont seem to be too much of an issue, I havent bought much except rings, ammys and relics (and traded runes).

Runes will flow freely when you grind. As long as you have decent kill speed, no EP is needed at all. Switching Relics to EP will frustrate you when you go shopping and realize that you forgot to switch relics... so it's kinda six of one, half-dozen of another situation (sorry for unintended pun 8) But you're right, Barg. relics don't help you when you're in the Ancarian Wilderness, whereas EP will be doing "something".

Bosskilling - I used Ephadic Lances with Acute-mind active. If you've got LL% shuriken, or Dethya's full set (or both!) it will make things a little faster. but I'm sure you know that... but there's not much else to say/do...

Edited by essjayehm

Another reason you don't have to worry about runes read or skills is + combat art tings and amulets. Also plus rings later on. Its why You can bypass allot of the skills and only put points into the one you actually need. In the lower difficulties there a rare find but as you get past gold there a dime a dozen so keep grinding if you can do the difficulty skip trick do it or form some campaign games and let other help you later on you will be able to help them in a big way^^.

I'm wondering is Karrupted still around to answer questions? and if not is someone else above level 150 w/ this character around to ask about things? I need a little help deciding on some things...and I'd like the advice of the creator of the build or someone well versed in it.

I'm wondering is Karrupted still around to answer questions? and if not is someone else above level 150 w/ this character around to ask about things? I need a little help deciding on some things...and I'd like the advice of the creator of the build or someone well versed in it.

Karrupted just posted on this thread yesterday, so I am guessing he is available for questions. So fire away!

Karrupted just posted on this thread yesterday, so I am guessing he is available for questions. So fire away!

Okay, I'm now level 152 and I've saved up almost 100 spare skill points where should I put them at this point? Here are my basics:

Voodoo Lore 75

Nature Weaver Lore 125

Enhanced Perception 5

Bargaining 75

Concentration 1

Nature Weaver Focus 75

Combat Disc 75

Voodoo Focus 77 (Over pointed by two)

Ancient Magic 75

Shield Lore 1

What should I do with them? (I know should of taken armor lore but I followed guide on page 1)

Here are my currently modded things all modded just like they should be according to the front page.

Twisted

VD

Black

Morbid

Are all fully modded, totem has its bronze mod.

Every aspect in nature weaver is fully modded.

Every single point of my Attrib are in Intelligence

So what do you guys think is the next step? By the way this is going to be my only high level bargainer for a while..so its very important that in the end it gets to around 2.5x my character level, and I'm aiming for 200.

Granted I can get a lot of that from relics and + All Skills bargaining gear.

So should I put anymore in it or just leave it at the base 75? Or wait till I'm even higher level and start putting my points in it then.

Okay, I'm now level 152 and I've saved up almost 100 spare skill points where should I put them at this point? Here are my basics:

Voodoo Lore 75

Nature Weaver Lore 125

Enhanced Perception 5

Bargaining 75

Concentration 1

Nature Weaver Focus 75

Combat Disc 75

Ancient Magic 75

Shield Lore 1

What should I do with them? (I know should of taken armor lore but I followed guide on page 1)

Here are my currently modded things all modded just like they should be according to the front page.

Twisted

VD

Black

Morbid

So what do you guys think is the next step? By the way this is going to be my only high level bargainer for a while..so its very important that in the end it gets to around 2.5x my character level, and I'm aiming for 200.

So should I put anymore in it or just leave it at the base 75? Or wait till I'm even higher level and start putting my points in it then.

whats your bargaining at now?

if you havent seen this thread: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15229 you might want to check it out if you plan on using that char as a bargainer...it appears that the quality of items may drop off at some point...

Voodoo Lore 75

Nature Weaver Lore 125

Enhanced Perception 5

Bargaining 75

Concentration 1

Nature Weaver Focus 75

Combat Disc 75

Ancient Magic 75

Shield Lore 1

Twisted

VD

Black

Morbid

whats your bargaining at now?

if you havent seen this thread: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15229 you might want to check it out if you plan on using that char as a bargainer...it appears that the quality of items may drop off at some point...

That is very helpful information thanks =)

Now the next thing I need to know is....When is it possible (at what level) to shop the best amulets and rings for socketing into low level items.

E.G. I'm sure by now everyone has seen the massively duped level 20 102 all skills etc officers sabers...Do I need to be a specific level before I can shop those amulets? or can I be lower like say 150 where tier 11 can still be reached in quality.

/E: My level in bargaining isn't much over 75 now because my file got corrupted and I had to make this character in order to level up quickly as possible to get back to the high levels I was at before. I don't have any items to boost my bargaining level anymore such as 102 skills officer saber....

Edited by Cynical-Sama
Now the next thing I need to know is....When is it possible (at what level) to shop the best amulets and rings for socketing into low level items.

E.G. I'm sure by now everyone has seen the massively duped level 20 102 all skills etc officers sabers...Do I need to be a specific level before I can shop those amulets? or can I be lower like say 150 where tier 11 can still be reached in quality.

/E: My level in bargaining isn't much over 75 now because my file got corrupted and I had to make this character in order to level up quickly as possible to get back to the high levels I was at before. I don't have any items to boost my bargaining level anymore such as 102 skills officer saber....

I think you've asked a loaded question! The best jewellery will be level 200... so needless to say, keep going on VD until 200.... HOWEVER, you could pinch yourself into the situation where you can't find allskills because your bargaining ratio is not good enough. If you can't find them, then you can't increase your bargaining to find the "better" stats on the equipment in the merchants.

I suggest you get a "bargaining suit" together now. Look for allskills/generalskills/Bargaining with at least 1 slot. It may be a long, slow process of building up... but you could be low on cash to do that... I found the VD playstyle for fast levelling isn't the best thing for a "first" character. You can get yourself into a "Catch-22" situation, esp. with a bargainer. I guess if you got lotsa cash avail inthe chest, go ahead and get a suit together and then run her up to 200.

I think you've asked a loaded question! The best jewellery will be level 200... so needless to say, keep going on VD until 200.... HOWEVER, you could pinch yourself into the situation where you can't find allskills because your bargaining ratio is not good enough. If you can't find them, then you can't increase your bargaining to find the "better" stats on the equipment in the merchants.

I suggest you get a "bargaining suit" together now. Look for allskills/generalskills/Bargaining with at least 1 slot. It may be a long, slow process of building up... but you could be low on cash to do that... I found the VD playstyle for fast levelling isn't the best thing for a "first" character. You can get yourself into a "Catch-22" situation, esp. with a bargainer. I guess if you got lotsa cash avail inthe chest, go ahead and get a suit together and then run her up to 200.

I see...well....I'm kind of in a catch-22 already, I only have like 3 million or so gold at the moment and because of having no other characters to really farm gold with I can't much afford a bargaining suit at the moment.

I guess what I'll do is start farming the white griffin for set pieces and selling the junk I get from doing so to the vendors to make gold in the mean time. It's kind of of a win-win situation if you disregard experience gain / HR.

I assumed a bargaining suit would be for once you already reach a really high level like 170+ and you'd go for open socket gear (max possible) and just socket all your shopped +all skills etc rings into those sockets to achieve better bargaining level. I can probably get someone to give me gold if thats all I need though, So I'll likely not run into that problem.

I see...well....I'm kind of in a catch-22 already, I only have like 3 million or so gold at the moment and because of having no other characters to really farm gold with I can't much afford a bargaining suit at the moment.

I guess what I'll do is start farming the white griffin for set pieces and selling the junk I get from doing so to the vendors to make gold in the mean time. It's kind of of a win-win situation if you disregard experience gain / HR.

I assumed a bargaining suit would be for once you already reach a really high level like 170+ and you'd go for open socket gear (max possible) and just socket all your shopped +all skills etc rings into those sockets to achieve better bargaining level. I can probably get someone to give me gold if thats all I need though, So I'll likely not run into that problem.

I try to keep the shopping suit upgraded all the way thru the toons life. It helps if you need to do a complete re-spec of your equipment, by reducing the amount of time you have to shop to find what you really, really want.

I guess for a VD dryad, the 170+ idea would be perfectly viable as long as you had a chest full of $$ for when you get to 170.

Yes I am still very much so active here so go for it.

My question is more or less this, You can reference my current skill point allocation and stat points etc. On a previous post of mine on this thread its been quoted multiple times in the last two pages.

I have 107 Skill Points and I need to know where you think they would be best allocated at I'm currently level 154 I believe.

I'm having no problems at all killing, I'm having a little trouble staying alive but thats only because I've only eaten 2 GGT runes and 2 AB runes So thats easily fixed.

and this will be my only bargaining Character So I'm wondering if I should go ahead and dump half or all of them in barg or use them to better improve my character first and wait for later levels to improve bargaining (around 170)

Also on my previous post is my current list of modded skills.

did but I still have around 30 left over, Where to with them? Nature focus? So I can increase the level of runes I can eat for GGT, AB, AM etc?

Also you guys think a +22 All Skills Chest and +19 Set of greaves are alright for part of my shopping suit at level 155? I'm already starting to build it lol I'll remake it later once I Reach 200 probably with the best stuff I can find then.

I'm hoping to get around at least +18 on every piece of my bargaining suit.

except the one socket ones, I'll probably have to settle for around +10's

I also need to get ahold of an officers saber I can socket lol