Voodoo Dryad (black magic woman)

yes cynical thats exactly what I would do. From now until your @ 200 dump all the points you have in those three posiitions. !st Bargaining 2md nature lore third Nsture focus @ 200 I would for sure have bargaining @ 200 and nature lore as well. Now for your money problems you can od more then a couple of things to solve that but the simplest would be to farm White griffin for an hour or so. At your level every drop almostt is worth 1 million plus. Im sure you know this but incase you dont the plus skills gear is great for farming as well. For the simple fact you said your EP is very low so that doesnt help your farming much but the + skkills will boost that and also increase your drop results. Also on your plus skills that is pretty decent but dont stop shopping the higher that plus skills becomes the more acess to better items you will have so add the max plus skills shop again. Then you will find an even higher amount of + skills rings and amulets.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started playing Sacred, and following this guide for a shopper.

Level 38 now (on xbox), and have a couple of questions.

1. Was there a determination throughout this thread (read it a few times, but not 100% sure) on final skill placements? Should I go combat reflexes & armor lore, or Anc. Magic and Shield Lore?

2. I have been dumping all my attribute points into Intelligence, as per Kat's guide, is that the way to go?

3. I have some questions about the levelling runs. Sometimes it goes really well, other times I get very little experience. It seems that I cannot just run nonstop, or else I lose out. I have been having to run for a while, then stop, and let the experience scroll like crazy. It does not seem to do that while I am running. Also, occasionally my disease will drop for no apparent reason (did not step near a town or anything). Any ideas?

She is in the desert now, how long should I stay here? Should I go anywhere else during Silver, or just level here till ~65 then move to Gold? And when I hit gold, do I go to desert, or start first at kobolds?

Thanks!

Okay A couple of quick tips. The VD exploit has been nerfed so it doesnt stay up !00% of the time but does last awhile. Only thing you can do to keep it up longer is add some spell intinsity in your gear and also make sure to cast acute mind as often as you can. Also on the last 2 slots add in ancient magic and shield lore for sure. This build is seriously nerfed w/o those too. It can be done by a very experienced player but being new I wouldnt go w/o those two.

Edited by karruptedkat
  • 2 weeks later...

18 pages not enough questions, Kat? 8)

I would like to thank you for your detailed analysis of the VD style shopper... it helped me quite a bit with mine!

Such a great build to take to 200 just for the hell of it! OFC, I have the offline version, so VD is just awesomesauce for fast levelling.

just havent had much time to play lately....and when I do I've been working on my queen of blades seraphim (for a couple reasons, one of which is to find more runes for my dryad since the seraphim is a grinder and the other is that she hasnt died yet and I need to beat light campaign still for a trophy and without dying for another). Once the seraphim hits gold, it will be back to the dryad for a while to get through gold to platinum. I plan on getting both to and through niob at some point.

Not a bug that's the way they intended in it being I believe. Have you jumped on your mount then casted it yet ? Also ess the world isn't enough. Eighteen why stop there let's go twenty. I'm sure there's a few questions I haven't answered yet or clear enough.

Not a bug that's the way they intended in it being I believe. Have you jumped on your mount then casted it yet ? Also ess the world isn't enough. Eighteen why stop there let's go twenty. I'm sure there's a few questions I haven't answered yet or clear enough.

:P

So true, especially with this game... You could answer 20 thousand pages of questions and probably still have more to ponder ;)

Edited by essjayehm

Hey, I'm trying this build out on the Xbox, and I have a problem, even with the right head I cant get VD to spread offscreen, like it's supposed to work (right?) I'm leveling in the desert atm and get only a few kills in 10 seconds or so, what am I doing wrong? D:

Edited by Blutdrengrik
As far as I know enemies must be close to each other for VD to spread, and the dessert isn't the best place to group enemies together.

desert works great actually. you run, they chase and infect others. I would spend more time there but I'm working on getting through gold now...

Also, I seem to be having trouble with the VD damage, as most enemies wont even die from it. (If I run back to where I came from there are enemies with like half hp bars.) Is there any way to increase it besides pumping runes?

Also, I seem to be having trouble with the VD damage, as most enemies wont even die from it. (If I run back to where I came from there are enemies with like half hp bars.) Is there any way to increase it besides pumping runes?

Heh... I had all these issues as well. Patience is the key. Run in S-patterns to get a big mob of infected enemies behind you, and then the disease should self-propegate faster/easier/better. When you do see enemies ahead of you that are infected, you can basiclly just run at that point (VD will spread by itself...), although I usually keep with the S-patterns the entire time I run VD. It will take a good 5, maybe 10 miniutes before you get an experience flood (if you get one... sometimes it just trickles in and no floods come).

Patience, young Desertwalker.... ;)

Here's the answer in short form. let's attack vd first you don't want to up its damage really even eating a bunch of runes you want to up your damage not its. Meaning as time goes on and you get higher in levels you will be finding a bunch of plus skill rings and amulets also plus combat art amulets. These item will enhance vds damage naturally if you put all your attribute points into intelect that's why even to this day I stand by saying only read twenty rubes max for vd. Now on to the spread everyone has there favorite place to use vd two of the most popular are the swamp and the desert. Both of these areas spread fast and result in fast experience gained. To do so get yourself a insect head and your set. The spiders in the swamp spread the disease faster and there located in the south east region of the swamp. In the desert head west two the scarabs which spread the disease the fastest. Oh yeah don't cast vd on undeas they resist it one hundred percent.

Oi!

After having the YLoD on my classic 60 GB PS3, I'm FINALLY back up... AND I have voice chat capabilities!

Anyways, gonna try this build out again... I was enjoying it majorly when I was participating. Hope to see y'all soon! Missed hearing from you guys!

PSN: Ukrain

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! Just picked up the game on Xbox a short while ago and finished my first playthrough on a shopper Seraphim. Decided I want to try and fast main quest play through on a Dryad and so here I am!

Was reading thru the guide and found Purple Lizard's post here. I like the looks of your non-shopper build. Would you still consider that a good build for rolling through the game quickly? Planning on running straight thru just doing story line quests so I can get to Gold. It sounds like you can use Viper to do some fast leveling and for regular play, the Animus does most of the work?

Also, one other question. What exactly do you do with a shopper character? Shop for stuff as you level up to add to your Hero Chest?

Thanks all in advance! Hope I am didn't ask too many questions! :)

hi all!

lemme tell an interesting story :huh:

so I thought as there is no expansion for EE countries I would try something interesting and I found this build :)

at lvl3-4 I tried viperish with only 1 mod and it spread amongst 10-15 kobolds I collected together, but as soon as I put on the 2nd mod , it stopped spreading.

I cast it on 1 mob and it just sits there till it expires , tried it with the 3rd mod as well ,but same thing happens.

tried it with acute mind cast first but its the same...

is this "fixed" on PC(2.43 playing on closed server) so it doesn't work at all? or what? am I too low level? (lvl9 atm)

nvm I'll try with higher level or I dunno.

edit: it happens with or without heads so...its not that.

edit2: on lvl30+ with spell intensivity around 2500 still no spreading at all I have 1 rune in viperish so its not that target dies so fast there is no time to spread .

edit3: its supposed to be fixed with the 2.34.2 server update ,but its so "fixed" it doesnt work at all...usual way to make "bugs" disappear ...

Edited by Boby007
hi all!

lemme tell an interesting story :D

so I thought as there is no expansion for EE countries I would try something interesting and I found this build :D

at lvl3-4 I tried viperish with only 1 mod and it spread amongst 10-15 kobolds I collected together, but as soon as I put on the 2nd mod , it stopped spreading.

I cast it on 1 mob and it just sits there till it expires , tried it with the 3rd mod as well ,but same thing happens.

tried it with acute mind cast first but its the same...

is this "fixed" on PC(2.43 playing on closed server) so it doesn't work at all? or what? am I too low level? (lvl9 atm)

nvm I'll try with higher level or I dunno.

edit: it happens with or without heads so...its not that.

edit2: on lvl30+ with spell intensivity around 2500 still no spreading at all I have 1 rune in viperish so its not that target dies so fast there is no time to spread .

edit3: its supposed to be fixed with the 2.34.2 server update ,but its so "fixed" it doesnt work at all...usual way to make "bugs" disappear ...

Welcome to Dark Matters, Boby!

The answer to your question is tricky... there is an "update" for Sacred 2 on PS3 - one that gets loaded onto your system when you log onto Sacred while ONLINE... and the VD is slightly nerfed with that update. Not too sure about Xbox version, but Karrupted and I are certian about the PS3. I think our discussion of that is on pages 16 or 17-ish of this thread.

Just remember than when you are trying to spread VD, you gotta gather a "group" of enemies, let them get diseased, and then drag them around behind you thru areas with similar enemy types. Try to keep them as close to you as you can (running S-patterns works good...) until you start seeing the enemies that come onscreen ahead of you are already diseased. Then you can just run, trying to keep to areas with the same enemy types.... This should work for the "online version" even without any modifications at all... the main thing to keep in mind is:

PATIENCE!

OOPS EDIT: I just saw you are on PC, so I don't think 2.43 works with VD at all. I am pretty fuzzy on this, but that exploit was fixed in a very early version of PC updates.

Edited by essjayehm

@ zinger yes you can do my regular build level insanely fast and bosses with ease. The reason for the shopper in a colorful answe is this. A Toyota is an awesome vehicle but its still no lexus. With shopper you get the kexus for a Toyota price and you also get an additional parking lot to walk through and choose from. The best way would be to build her and buy random goodies as you level for your actual main character to wear as it levels.

Cedric, I've sent you innumerable pms about the glories of this thread. You are a first class hoster. I've moved this guide into SacredWiki:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...ling_shopper%29

If you feel like adding links and formats, you can sign into Wiki with same log in and password as you do here at DarkMatters.

SacredWiki had more than 42000 visitors last month

Say Cheese

:D

gogo