Voodoo Dryad (black magic woman)

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the best way to do this is to infect, run 'S' patterns and keep infecting new groups?

Is this nerf'ed? is there a way around that?

I just tried this tonight, I hope someone's around to read this

I'm not the best person to answer this but I believe this no longer works on the PC version. They came out with a patch that ended this exploit. Maybe someone else will chime in and give more details for you.

• 2 weeks later...
So the best way to do this is to infect, run 'S' patterns and keep infecting new groups?

Is this nerf'ed? is there a way around that?

I just tried this tonight, I hope someone's around to read this

I'm not the best person to answer this but I believe this no longer works on the PC version. They came out with a patch that ended this exploit. Maybe someone else will chime in and give more details for you.

Hello, Bobby3eb. Morbus is right, VD was nerf'ed in a very early patch on PC. This is a console-only exploit.

BUT, if you are playing on console, I have new insight to getting VD going. I played another dryad while I was on vacation, and worked on getting predictable, repeatable experience floods with the expoit. I aplogise if anyone has already posted this mind-blowing technique, but it is pretty unconventional and I happened upon it with a lot of trial and error. LOTS of error :)

FIRSTLY, you must be able to take hits from the enemies in the desert (notably champion scorpions), so very good defense is needed. From the "Start Island" (start a freeworld game, NOT CAMPAIGN), take the desert teleporter. Now, this is the only "random" part... you do have to gather a few scarabs (wolf spiders are NFG) and get the VD spread among a few (5-10). Now, you will head WEST. Hint: I play with the minimap set to "static" instead of "following", and put the North marker of the minimap on the right side of the circle, so that if I push up on the controller, she goes west. You should have a good mob of scarabs, stone people and maybe wolf spiders following you, all diseased. STOP RUNNING! I don't mean stop completely, but if you push slightly on the analog-stick, your toon will walk. This is why very good defenses are needed, because you will be taking hits. Yes, walking is my new hawtness for VD... basicilly walk from the desert teleport point (from Start Island) go west to the coast, south-east along the shore to Turbak (careful not to enter town or VD gets nerfed), then head straight east... all the way across the desert. Pretty much when you get to the sandpeople, south of Khorum, you can stop because the enemy density drops off and the flooding stops. You can keep going, but the XP gets pretty slow/pathetic (relatively speaking). It takes about 2 or 3 minutes for the flooding to start, and it is pretty constant until you almost get to Turbak and head east. Then another 2-3 mins of slow experience then the flooding starts again. Teleport back to start island... shop or sell stuff... I generally wait a couple of mins while the desert re-spawns, no need to re-set the server (which I had to do with old, running-based VD "runs").

Now, there are some hints, landmarks and whatnot that I figured for "optimal" runs, but the general technique is "tried and true". If anyone is having issues getting large, predictable and repeatable XP floods with this method, please don't hesitate to ask!

• 1 month later...

Hello guys/gals its been way to long since I have read this Topic. I just wanted to stop in and say happy holidays and thank you to all who have answered questions about this build in my abscence. If you have anymore questions just look for my post I have also posted videos of the swamp and desert regions to help. Take care all and thank you all for your interest in this build.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

What skills are you mastering at 75 points? Are you going more than 75 on particular ones? Basically can I get a point count on the skills?

Rune Reading. Are you reading unlimited on certain ones? How many do I read on each one? I know for Viperish Disease you stopped at 10 reads. What about the others?

This is the build that caused me to take such a long break from sacred.. I got her to like 122 or something.. Endless running and cast of VD became the only thing I was doing.. And what end socketing for lower level toons.. It was almost as if I forgt how to PLAY the game.. Actually deleted this toon because it became very boring.. And all my lower toons were godlike do to all the rings and Amulets I socketed them up with.. Was like I was cheating the game IMHO.. I will have to agree that this is the fastest lvlin toon period. I'm glad I snapped out of that and back to enjoying the game after a long break.

Lv 119 Pryo Elf

Lv 81 Ranged Dryad

Lv 50 Hafted Warrior

Skills1. Nature lore(2) 4th most important skill. dump points here early to get Ancient Bark fully modded then hold off till later on after Viperish Disease is fully modded to continue and dump points in here.

2. Voodoo lore(3) at the start one of the most important as soon as you get this dump 9 points asap to get Viperish disease fully modded its your main supply of experience. (After Viperish Disease is fully modded dont ad anymore points here let your + skill amulets/rings do the rest)

3. Enhanced perception(5)*only to level 5 till later so you can acess Bargaining* you can put more points here but I didnt add any more then 5 period I let the + skills do the work here.

4. Bargaining(8) Upon attaining this skill always keep it maxxed out everytime you level add one skill to bargaining.****main reason for this build after you get acess to this keep it at your level. Meaning if your level 35 it should be level 35(Hard points) no eceptions This skill works best @ 2x's your level. So if you are level 35 it should be 35 points that you have added to it but when you check its actual level it should be @ level 70 for the best shopping results. This is acchieved through plus skill amulets, rings and also the relics you wear. There will be more and more relics that give a very good amount of bargaining boost if you buy them directly from the merchants. Also another note on shopping ive found the best items from regular campaign. Though if you choose to make a free world you can warp to a different city then warp back to get that merchant to offer you a better item. Also make sure you have you have on the max amount of + skill on before you click the merhcant. LAst important thing to know about shopping + skill adds to your bargaining skill also + general skill adds to your Bargaining skill.

5. Concentration(12) * obvious*

6. Nature focus(18) This skill keeps you alive thru golden glade touch and ancient bark so always keep it close to capped.

7. Combat Dicipline(25) add as needed points here

8. Voodoo Focus(35) 3rd on the list of importance if points are left add here. main supply of experience is thru voodoo also keeps moribund animus high.

9. Ancient magic(50) Lowers mob resistance to spells need I say more?

10. Shield lore(65) 10th skill totally up to you I chose shield to give her a boost in defense when fighting bosses like griffin who dispel you but this skill is 100% not even needed w/ this build so up to you what you choose here.

What skills are you mastering at 75 points? Are you going more than 75 on particular ones? Basically can I get a point count on the skills?Rune Reading. Are you reading unlimited on certain ones? How many do I read on each one? I know for Viperish Disease you stopped at 10 reads. What about the others?

Alrighty, TD83... I quoted the skills section from the OP to make things easier.... but I never followed KKat's guide strictly, so I may not be totally in-line with what he did.

The first skills to master, depend on what you want to do... if you want to keep VD-ing the desert and get the toon to level 200, then master defensive skills first... don't forget that Nature Weaver Focus AND Lore are your 2 primary defensive skills ;)

If you want offense, then you can pump Voodoo Lore and ram a bunch of runes into your Totem, for an "easy-button".

For an All-round toon, I would suggest: NW Focus, Bargaining, CV Lore as the first 3 mastered skills. OR, if you wanted to use the Animus pet instead of the Totem, then change Voodoo Lore to Voodoo Focus.

Rune eating - 1 only for buffs, and use a buff-suit for pre-casting. After that, Totem is tricky as the COOLDOWN changes if you select the proper mod, so that affects how many you can eat. Generally, GGT and Acute Mind can be eaten "unlimited", or just balance the 12 second regen on GGT with the number of runes eaten. All other should be 1 eaten rune, and using gear to boost the arts until you cannot keep the regeneration lower than the animation time of the combat art.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, been reading these forums for a few days now and decided to register. I'm trying out this build and I'm level 16 right now. I can get the VD spread going on the kobolds around the griffin, but I'm not seeing the gushes of experience. It's more just a kill here and there. Also, I don't know if this was mentioned previously, but when I run up to a new group that is already diseased, I don't see any damage numbers. Is this just a visual bug? If I recast VD on one of them then I can see that monster taking damage again.

Another somewhat off topic question, how do you go about getting and smithing gear for your first shopper? I don't have a plat or niob toon to buy a bunch of +skills stuff. And is there any way to make a low level shopper without having some1 run you through the campaign?

I play on xbox, so no ice and blood for me. I played some more last night and got to level 28 in a couple hours, so the build does seem to be working, but I'm still not seeing the huge amounts of experience filling my screen. It did it once last night, but that's it. Other than that it was just a steady one or two kills every few secnds.

I play on xbox, so no ice and blood for me. I played some more last night and got to level 28 in a couple hours, so the build does seem to be working, but I'm still not seeing the huge amounts of experience filling my screen. It did it once last night, but that's it. Other than that it was just a steady one or two kills every few secnds.

Sorry about that. I was on my mobile and it does not allow me to see your platform.

Hey guys, been reading these forums for a few days now and decided to register. I'm trying out this build and I'm level 16 right now. I can get the VD spread going on the kobolds around the griffin, but I'm not seeing the gushes of experience. It's more just a kill here and there. Also, I don't know if this was mentioned previously, but when I run up to a new group that is already diseased, I don't see any damage numbers. Is this just a visual bug? If I recast VD on one of them then I can see that monster taking damage again.

Another somewhat off topic question, how do you go about getting and smithing gear for your first shopper? I don't have a plat or niob toon to buy a bunch of +skills stuff. And is there any way to make a low level shopper without having some1 run you through the campaign?

Ach... been sleeping on ghe job, have I?

Well, the expierence floods really don't come until you get to the highly-populated areas without barriers to stop monsters from following you. One of the biggest things is to keep the biggest throng of creeps you can manage behind you to keep VD bouncing around between each of them... then mostly a matter of not backtracking too much and letting too many enemies die.

• 3 weeks later...

Wait a minute. I feel like I've missed a major aspect of this build. You don't want the enemies to die? How do u get experience if things aren't dying?

You want them to die, but if they die too fast, there won't be enough alive to keep Viperish Disease constantly spreading to other enemies.

I guess that's the idea. Dryad's spell powers are reduced on the PC so I can't get it to work at all.

Yeah, Flix has the idea. It doesn't take too much runspeed to outpace the mobs, so other than taking a few incidental hits here and there, it really doesn't matter how long it takes an individual to die. But, running away too fast or getting too far away from the mobs make them retreat, so there is some "skill" to keeping a nice huge mob behind you.

There is lots of info about this in the thread, I even posted an "ideal" path in the desert that works quite nicely.

@Flix: I believe they nerfed the infectious range... for consoles it is huge (at least one screen fully zoomed out, if not more...). Not sure if it was in a patch before Ice and Blood, or when exactly it was squashed.

Ok, that's what I've been doing. Maybe it's just the zone I'm in. I'm using the area around the boar boss for now. I can't beat the garcolossus, so I'm kind of stuck. It seems like the single target damage of this build is aweful.