Voodoo Dryad (black magic woman)

>.> K last comment for awhile but I'm sorry. I forgot to mention to take her thru the darkside. Lightside is extremely long and until shes 75+ killing mobs will take you a lifetime. O btw none voodoo build for the person who went thru this guide and have a million different amulets and rings in storage.

Capricious huter focus

nature lore....

ranged weapons...

concentration..

nature focus...

Tactics...

combo discipline

combat reflexes...

armor lore...

Voodoo focus...

This is my ass kicking kill everymob she sees and doesnt see from afar queen.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the VD Dryad is the ONLY way to build a shopper IMO if you are like me and simply want someone to shop with and not really play with.

Couple of comments:

1) Once you get this thing going the desert really is the place to level. Just run a HUGE circle around the outside and you will get mass experience as fast as you can run.

2) So wish I could pick up the items that are dropping. I might experiment with doubling back a game or 2 to see what drops.

3) If you get nice gear from someone like I did to help you out or as you start to shop the gear yourself so you accumulate +skills and +Combat Arts, you can use TOTEM as another means of dealing with monsters when you try to run through the quests. between totem, vines and golden touch, questing is actually not as bad as I thought it would be.

4) If you play with a Dryad as your "main character" I HIGHLY recommend making your shopper a dryad to increase blow pipe shopping.

5) Starting to wonder how rare the Detheya's set items are. Have quite a few hours into this game now and have only found 3 pieces. I keep finding the same 2 of the 3 over and over.

Anyways, thanks for the build because I could not stand playing my HE any longer as a shopper.

Yay now into gold mode :D My first character to make it >.< And it was tough considering the build. Did it at level 42, now I'm off to the gold desert to level :oooo:

yeah, I plan on leveling to around 85 here and then ice the character except to occasionally advance him through the game. Only thing I don't like about this build is no armor lore but I will just have to get over that.

...bloomin scorpions are tough :D 1 hit from them takes over 75% of my HP with it :P Had a really good spread going. Till I died. :P

Oh man that stinks. I can't really help/suggest much as I am running around with this CRAZY uber gear (armor/sword/shield) that a guy from here gave me. On it is MASSIVE +SKILLS and massive +Combat Art's which take everything pretty high and I am basically immune to any real damage that I have gone up against thus far. However; I did wait until level 68 to enter Gold. I found that I was getting PLENTY of XP in silver up to about that level. Sure it slowed down some but it was SUPER safe.

For me the silver desert slowed down at about ~35. Maybe I had a higher expectation :agreed:

well from what I understand dieing doesn't mean much. you can simply make a game in bronze and just stand out there and let guys swing at your and turn your TV off for a few hours and catch back up. My guess is that there is probably a trick to this where you can simply to stand and do this over night but I haven't tried anything yet. my wife and I play the game like its hardcore so we typically stop and kill everything in our path. Since we are both range shooters, its pretty safe.

Yea you would think it would be able to be kept up forever if it worked how I think it worked. As in, the more infected, the bigger the range in which things inside will become diseased. Then when there are lots infected, everything spawning and dying at a decent rate, it should be able to maintain itself. But this can't be the case as, when I think 'okay thats enough for now' kill everything around me and stand still for a few minutes watching some XP flood in. Then it just stops. Wish it did work like that :P

I just started up a ranged Dryad using Putrescine's guide. the damage seems a little low atm, and the recharges are a little high but well see over time. I'm level 18 atm, gonna kill Silver Gar'Collosus :P

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10143

Yea you would think it would be able to be kept up forever if it worked how I think it worked. As in, the more infected, the bigger the range in which things inside will become diseased. Then when there are lots infected, everything spawning and dying at a decent rate, it should be able to maintain itself. But this can't be the case as, when I think 'okay thats enough for now' kill everything around me and stand still for a few minutes watching some XP flood in. Then it just stops. Wish it did work like that :D

I just started up a ranged Dryad using Putrescine's guide. the damage seems a little low atm, and the recharges are a little high but well see over time. I'm level 18 atm, gonna kill Silver Gar'Collosus :)

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10143

that is my MAIN character that I play and I total LOVE this character. Feel free to ask me any questions that you might have and I would be happy to share with you what I know. Make sure to get a couple of REGEN/HIT rings on or in your gear. You will LOVE this. What I did was make a combo that shoots DA and RI in the combo. If any arrow/dart in my combo hits it's target, my combo time gets immediately reset and the next shot is another combo! Its pretty sweet.

Seems to me that combat discipline is pretty darn important on a build of this time since that base damage to those arrows is pretty important. I really wish there was room to get ancient magic into this build as well since it acts similar to combat discipline from what I can tell. She is a very well rounded character and a great utility partner for my wife who is just throwing up sick damage with her BFG Seph. I am PUMPED when I see 5k+ damage on one of my arrows. She gets pumped when she reads 27K+ from her big nasty gun. Versus the scary bosses I just make sure I keep them Vined up While she puts the big hurt on them. As we progress in the game, the bosses are dieing FASTER AND FASTER which I find pretty funny. Again, we are using ONLY gear that we have found ourselves starting from scratch. However, this doesn't seem to have any effect on a BFG Seph since her damage is pretty much level dependent only. I on the other hand am limited to what bows I can find and what I can stick in them.

Heh yea this build took a little levelling to get good but I got it to 33 from 1 yesterday, only just killed Garganthropod, only Capricious Combat Art I need to mod now is RI's final mod, then all three main Combat Arts are fully modded, then just have to keep them maxxed ......huh? wait whats this? Friend Request from Keyser Soze 15...rofl, nice timing there :D. As I was saying :) I'm keeping Cap and tactics maxed and putting points in nature till I mod the skills I need, might stop at 35 and get the other 35 when I take the other nature skill. You think I should take constitution at 35 or Combat Discipline? I was thinking CD for faster recharges but my DA is already 1 sec and RA about .5, will start pumping runes soon I think (still both level 1)

All in all, I love this build :P (except the lack of EP/Barg btu meh on that one)

p.s I don't have a working mic, so add my MSN to fast-talk to each other if you can. sam6555@hotmail.co.uk

edit: B******S! My unique mount killed right before fighting Kral :P Stupid champion dragon things.

Edited by sam6555
Heh yea this build took a little levelling to get good but I got it to 33 from 1 yesterday, only just killed Garganthropod, only Capricious Combat Art I need to mod now is RI's final mod, then all three main Combat Arts are fully modded, then just have to keep them maxxed ......huh? wait whats this? Friend Request from Keyser Soze 15...rofl, nice timing there :D. As I was saying :) I'm keeping Cap and tactics maxed and putting points in nature till I mod the skills I need, might stop at 35 and get the other 35 when I take the other nature skill. You think I should take constitution at 35 or Combat Discipline? I was thinking CD for faster recharges but my DA is already 1 sec and RA about .5, will start pumping runes soon I think (still both level 1)

All in all, I love this build :P (except the lack of EP/Barg btu meh on that one)

p.s I don't have a working mic, so add my MSN to fast-talk to each other if you can. sam6555@hotmail.co.uk

edit: B******S! My unique mount killed right before fighting Kral :P Stupid champion dragon things.

Glad you liking that toon. Here is the order I am getting skills to 75

- Tactics Lore 75 (one of first 3 to master)

- Concentration 1 (never need another point here)

- Capricious Hunter Focus 75 (one of first 3 to master)

- Nature Weaver Focus (one of first 3 to master)

- Combat Reflexes 5 (probably done forever at 5)

- Ranged Weapons 1 (Probably done forever at 1)

- Armor Lore 75 (4th skill to master)

- Constitution 75 (6th skill to master)

- Combat Discipline 75 (5th skill to master)

- Nature Weaver Lore 75 (7th skill to master)

I am leaving RI and DA at 1 forever. I am pumping these: Bark, Sinister, GT(after modded), Dust Devil (After modded). all the rest of my skills stay at 1 base.

I am leaving RI and DA at 1 forever. I am pumping these: Bark, Sinister, GT(after modded), Dust Devil (After modded). all the rest of my skills stay at 1 base.

Yea thats exactly what I am gonna do :) Just hit 35 =D

Why do you say you are modding GGT and DD after being modded? I already put 13 runes into GGT for the ~500 regen.

And when you mastered your first 3 skills, did/will you leave themm at 75 and master others faster or continue to increase tactics and Cap hunter?

Oh also, weapon of choice Bow/Blowpipe? I have a 56-67 blowpipe with poison that I have been using for a long tim, but I just completed the class quests and just got a 86-110 Kybele's Song, thing is after playing with bows in GWs and hearing the mechanics about bows in this game being similar (about moving targets) I'm not too sure. :P

Edited by sam6555

Yea thats exactly what I am gonna do :) Just hit 35 =D

Why do you say you are modding GGT and DD after being modded? I already put 13 runes into GGT for the ~500 regen.

And when you mastered your first 3 skills, did/will you leave themm at 75 and master others faster or continue to increase tactics and Cap hunter?

Oh also, weapon of choice Bow/Blowpipe? I have a 56-67 blowpipe with poison that I have been using for a long tim, but I just completed the class quests and just got a 86-110 Kybele's Song, thing is after playing with bows in GWs and hearing the mechanics about bows in this game being similar (about moving targets) I'm not too sure. :P

I use bows for 95% of the monsters, blowpipe for the 2 monster types that my bow wont hit and a life leech anti reflextive ninja star for some bosses.

Mod GGT for 12 seconds plus less regen time (basically can pump infinite runes in here and regen doesn't change

going to get everything to 75 first before packing on more to those you listed.

unique blowpipes don't drop on 360.... just keep 1 for bats and those stinkers at end of the game that shoot magic at you that can't be hit with a bow.

heading out, be back later.

Just read through my post and realised how little sense it makes.

Why do you say you are modding GGT and DD after being modded?

I meant why are you pumping it after modding it. :D Silly repeating my words.

Dryad love!

Built yet another one this one untainted so I could see how hard it would be to do her and get sick experience and do good damage as well. when I made her I wanted to see how she would be using the voodoo trick, but not doing anything at all to boost it(except choose the right mods) I.e voodoo lore and ancient magic or even having voodoo focus yet. The 1st 15 levels I played her as a regular dryad. well al but trying to spread my disease at level 3 to see why everyone was having trouble. It worked like a charm I had 20 kobolds chasing me dying at level 3. only had up one buff ancient bark w/ 2 runes eatin and also goldenglade touch same amount of runes. ancient bark had 0 mods to it. same for ggt or vd. I did see the spam of 1 damage down per tick but how I handled that was recast it on 2 or 3 mobs so thus applying a stronger disease that attacked faster. So far in this character I have 4 hours in and shes level 26. @ 18 I picked voodoo focus to keep vd low and at 14+ I put all points into inteligence. Ill keep you posted on the rest of this build.

p.s. at level 3 I got a barbarian(Kobold) head so that is what generated the rapid spread. Its all in the head!

Edited by karruptedkat
Dryad love!

Built yet another one this one untainted so I could see how hard it would be to do her and get sick experience and do good damage as well. when I made her I wanted to see how she would be using the voodoo trick, but not doing anything at all to boost it(except choose the right mods) I.e voodoo lore and ancient magic or even having voodoo focus yet. The 1st 15 levels I played her as a regular dryad. well al but trying to spread my disease at level 3 to see why everyone was having trouble. It worked like a charm I had 20 kobolds chasing me dying at level 3. only had up one buff ancient bark w/ 2 runes eatin and also goldenglade touch same amount of runes. ancient bark had 0 mods to it. same for ggt or vd. I did see the spam of 1 damage down per tick but how I handled that was recast it on 2 or 3 mobs so thus applying a stronger disease that attacked faster. So far in this character I have 4 hours in and shes level 26. @ 18 I picked voodoo focus to keep vd low and at 14+ I put all points into inteligence. Ill keep you posted on the rest of this build.

p.s. at level 3 I got a barbarian(Kobold) head so that is what generated the rapid spread. Its all in the head!

Agreed. There was a few things that I didn't know the first time I tried this with no gear that you just touched on.

1) Recasting is important so that disease gets stronger with kobalds having less life

2) Do not run up to that town all the way at the top as the town stops the disease..... I did NOT know this and it caused me MUCH confusion.

3) Recasting on Griffon is important to speed things up greatly.

Does your new build include Armor Lore?

Just read through my post and realised how little sense it makes.

Why do you say you are modding GGT and DD after being modded?

I meant why are you pumping it after modding it. :) Silly repeating my words.

GGT = Flow, Persevere, Diligence : After I hit a certain point I could eat almost as many of these runes as I want and my total regen time stays around 8.2 seconds or something which is 4 seconds then the total time it is active of 12 seconds. this allows me 3+ seconds to recast in heated battle and keep a constant 3,200 HP/Second on. That means that unless I take 8,000 damage in the span of less then 1 second, I am very hard to kill.

DD = Recondition, Elongate, Spread : After the first 2 mods I think I was able to gobble up all the runes I want and again my total Regen time doesn't grow at least relative to total time spell stays active. (Not going to lie to ya, I don't use this much on account that there is little need. I use GGT quite a lot though, typically recasting it right after a set of bad guys have fallen. I also use GGT to unlock my combo lock that I go into all the time.) The safest thing for me to do is attack + Vine while the wife unloads her SUPER DAMAGE. I will occasionally throw this up against the big bosses where we take the time to turn all our stuff on and have a strategy for the fight. The biggest thing I worry about is keeping the boss VINED the entire time. If he is locked down our chances of taking any NOTICEABLE damage at all go way down. Typically all bosses are dead on first or second vine easily.

2) Do not run up to that town all the way at the top as the town stops the disease..... I did NOT know this and it caused me MUCH confusion.

OH MY GOD! Thats why I was having so much trouble in the begining. ¬_¬ I ran right from the bottom end of the road and always ended up on the grey-tiled circle bit with the hero chest, didn't know that was a safe spot :)

OH MY GOD! Thats why I was having so much trouble in the begining. ¬_¬ I ran right from the bottom end of the road and always ended up on the grey-tiled circle bit with the hero chest, didn't know that was a safe spot :)

Yeah, when I would get up there they would all chase me up there and then eventually turn around and just walk away and the disease would come off of them..... this probably cost me about 2 hours of experience and frustration.

After you get this guy going the desert seems to be the easiest place to get XP. If there was a way to NOT get rooted I would be all about the swamp but since this is not the case I simply run HUGE circles around the outside of the desert and watch my XP run wild. I am currently slowly working my way through Gold now because I am level 83. The nice thing is that I will never have to play this character through the hardest level. All I will need is 1 way point to the desert and he is set. Taking him through Platinum solo could be kind of hard though.... thus far I have not need my wife's character one time to help me through anything. I am currently in the swamp on Gold.

Well I'm 35 now w/ 4.5 hours of play. thats including farming to get some gear off white griffin. Still dont have anything on to help the spread of Vd and its still working wonders. At 35 I see alot of spam of -8 hp per victim but thats great cause it allows the disease to spread to even more monsters. So I still get a huge influx of experience. Only downside I have ran into is gear. Im still rocking a level 20 body I got out of pure luck of griffin becaause I dont have enough map revealed yet on this character to get any better drops. Or E.P.

My damage from my bow is still decent(for it being only level 15) though I'll do the relic quest and get my rare one.

Okay today got a quick hour in and the tally is now level 52 woot. Btw forget about that shield of mirrors find yourself a Stalworth and you will love life. That+ chestpiece of time darn there makes you invincible!

Ps still going regular setup picked combat flexes @ 50

Okay today got a quick hour in and the tally is now level 52 woot. Btw forget about that shield of mirrors find yourself a Stalworth and you will love life. That+ chestpiece of time darn there makes you invincible!

Ps still going regular setup picked combat flexes @ 50

Why did you start again? what happend to your level 155 vd shopper dryad:)

I still have my shopper this one is just a fighter. Getting her to niob and beating it and doing all the quest possible for her to do. Ive leveled to many characters just to test there strength but not 100% complete the game. In this study ive found dryad the easiest to level of course. Inqisitor the second easiest( and most difficult all in one), in third place comes temple guard.

update she is 66 now in gold w/ 10.5 hours of play. Even my none 100% voodoo will be 100+ before 20 hours of playtime.

Edited by karruptedkat
I still have my shopper this one is just a fighter. Getting her to niob and beating it and doing all the quest possible for her to do. Ive leveled to many characters just to test there strength but not 100% complete the game. In this study ive found dryad the easiest to level of course. Inqisitor the second easiest( and most difficult all in one), in third place comes temple guard.

update she is 66 now in gold w/ 10.5 hours of play. Even my none 100% voodoo will be 100+ before 20 hours of playtime.

lmao my voodoo dryad is level 69 (close to yours decided to carry on) stuck on crystal boss on silver on campain with like 23 hours of playtime... messed this dryad up a little in the order I put points in but when I do make it to gold il sky rocket... when I get the power to atleast do more damage than the crystal boss regens his hp :blink::):D I KNOW WHY THAT IS it is because I havent even modded acute mind/or edaphic lances yet because I followed the modification order in the guide and I cant level on silver barely because my disease kills the monsters before it can barely spread :blink::twitch::P

I've seen how fast the levels go but when I get to gold.... mmmm :evil::evil::evil: Those insects will be dead before you know it