Voodoo Dryad (black magic woman)

So I've been reading through this class and it sounds so good but reports of VD not working properly are putting me off making it. I don't want to waste hours making something which isn't going to work. I was wondering if anyone could confirm that this VD spam technique does work on Xbox 360? Also, would it work if I was to change Bargaining for Enhanced Perception so she was a scavenger?

Thank you for anyone who can help.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been reading through this class and it sounds so good but reports of VD not working properly are putting me off making it. I don't want to waste hours making something which isn't going to work. I was wondering if anyone could confirm that this VD spam technique does work on Xbox 360? Also, would it work if I was to change Bargaining for Enhanced Perception so she was a scavenger?

VD 100% works on 360 (don't even have to remove the patch) Where you hear of people such as myself not getting it to work is simply when we were using VD for the first time, once you know what to do and how it works, it's so simple.

Changing Bargaining for EP IMO would be a bad idea, as the main purpose of this char is to get to a stupidly high level without much work and in the quickest time, meaning that you can easily get high numbers of Bargaining so you can buy lots of awesome gear from merchants. There is no real point to EP in this build as you wont exactly be going around killing random mobs for drops. (killing random mobs to progress through the story to get to higher difficulties is very hard anyways, as you have no good mob killing skills. Just equip lots of run speed gear (caps at 150%) and only do the quest objectives.

I am looking to build a Dryad and this seemed the most suitable as I do not have a shopper or scavenger. I was wondering if the VD spam still works on Xbox 360? And if changing Bargaining for Enhanced Perception to find valuables would work? Can anyone confirm the patch of VD?

Edited by adam-tull

My shopper is now lv 61 and I want to make a dual wield killer to take to Plat and Noib.

I have some good gear in my chest, but it is all lv 50+

I have 2 Tinwora's Curse and 2 Niovae's mystery that I can give to the noob, but them are lv 65.

So how can I pimp out my noob if all the gear and rings are too high level for her?

My shopper is now lv 61 and I want to make a dual wield killer to take to Plat and Noib.

I have some good gear in my chest, but it is all lv 50+

I have 2 Tinwora's Curse and 2 Niovae's mystery that I can give to the noob, but them are lv 65.

So how can I pimp out my noob if all the gear and rings are too high level for her?

Schot made a guide to far lower level stuff for lower levelled chars, basically go onto Bronze difficulty and kill a few bosses with EP gear on, you will get set items and other stuff max level 20 :4rofl: (btw, he kept killing White Griffon, Raging Boar. As they wer easier to reach)

I am looking to build a Dryad and this seemed the most suitable as I do not have a shopper or scavenger. I was wondering if the VD spam still works on Xbox 360? And if changing Bargaining for Enhanced Perception to find valuables would work? Can anyone confirm the patch of VD?

Read the comment I made earlier post number 127

Guess I'll throw in my 2 cents. I've built 2 of them now. One a shopper, one a non-shopper. Note, I'm playing on 360 version.

Shopper (Lvl126 Niob, 5 deaths):

- Concentration - 1

- Nature Lore - 100

- Nature Focus - 100+

- Voodoo Focus - 126

- Combat Reflexes - 5

- Armor Lore - 75

- EP - 5

- Bargaining - 126

- Tactics Lore - 5

- Dual Wield - 1

Non-Shopper (level 65, Silver, 0 deaths 3h26m of gameplay, LOL)

- Nature Lore - 65

- Voodoo Focus - 65

- Nature Focus - 65

- EP - 1

- Concentration - 1

- Combat Reflexes - 5

- Armor Lore - 37

- Tactics Lore - 5

- Dual Wield - 1

- Combat Discipline - 1

I plan to save glitch this one up to platinum and annihilate that difficulty. I'm pretty sure I can hit Niob at lvl100 in under 10 hours. The reason why I took concentration much later is because I spent more of the earlier levels just doing desert runs.

Mods:

Nature Weaver

Ancient Bark (Rugged->Divert->Invigorate)

Goldenglade (Flow->Perservere->Dilligence)

Tangled Vines (Tendrils->Singe->Encroach)

Edaphic Lances (Thorns->Stings->Singe)

Acute Mind (Proficiency->Insight->Easiness)

Voodoo

Viperish Disease (Gangrene->Transmission->Contaminate)

Moribund Animus (Malice->Elevation->Fury)

Black Curse (Porous->Elongate->Expert)

The last two skills are moot

Attributes:

1-50: All Vit

50-150: 1-Vit, 1-Sta

Equipment:

Weapons

Dual Wield 2x Tinwora's Curses as main weapons, 2x Officer Sabers for experience suit

Alternatively, I guess I could also Dual Wield int staffs, but I like the bonuses from Tinwora's better.

Anything with decent slotting and good native bonuses like +all skills, +all Combat Arts, spell intensity, casting speed, all channels DM, run speed, etc.

Rune Priority:

Animus and Ancient Bark. Animus's level is kept around twice my current level, Ancient Bark as high as I dare take it without caring about regen penalty. GGT gets just enough levels to give me a full heal as well as chain cast.

Strategies:

I chose dual wield for extra slotting, and I didn't feel I needed the extra defense from shields. Plus, Tinwora's is just awesome for casters.

Mobs: Animus pretty much 1-2shots everything. Vines makes them sitting targets. Fully modded, can root several things at once. Since I modded for damage, along with casting speed, with acute mind, it can wipe out large mobs pretty quickly. For bosses, vines+curse+acute mind+lances is ridiculous, one-shotting bosses in Niob. Early levels, if you're not feeling comfortable with the desert yet, you can VD a pretty huge portion of high elf territory. Starting at the save point near white griffin, I got it to spread amongst the kobolds first, and was able to walk well over the east side near the elven capital before I reset the game. Disease Combat Art level is kept at 1 rune. It can be boosted later with +Combat Art gear if you need more damage in harder difficulties. Go with whatever you are comfortable with and can pull off. In Niob, I can still pull it off at disease at a Combat Art level of 87. (Run speed is at 150%)

Conclusions:

Voodoo dryad is simultaneously one of the strongest and definitely the laziest of all of my characters. The only reason I even had 5 deaths for my shopper was because I was stingy with runes and didn't eat any ancient bark or GGT runes. Once I started, I could literally just walk into Orc Cave and stand there while my animus killed them, as well the orcs killing themselves from reflected damage off ancient bark. I built the second Dryad just see if I could make her even more ridiculously strong since I now have the extra hard points not wasted on bargaining, and combat discipline boosting damage and combo regeneration time being that I'm always comboing anyways. Ancient Bark is already one of the most overpowered defensive skills, but combined with GGT it's just sick. GGT modded is chaincastable and provides a pretty high willpower boost and full heal per second. Fire Relics and Fire mitigation (Either from all channel DM or 3 pieces of Eternal Flame gear) deals with bark's weakness. Acute Mind modded and at high enough Combat Art levels boosts your int to, what? 8000-10000? There's something to be said when you can take out all 4 nameless guardians in niob in under 2 minutes without even being concerned about taking damage. Regarding disease, aside it's only there to quick-level the desert. I imagine that if I were playing it without the disease exploit, I'd still play her the same way, it would just go at the same speed as my other characters.

I've been following your guide (the level 126 shopper) but im not sure if I should take concentration or constition as my last skill so far im level 53, shall I take constiution because I dont think concentration will do alot =)

Edited by Born to kill

VD 100% works on 360 (don't even have to remove the patch) Where you hear of people such as myself not getting it to work is simply when we were using VD for the first time, once you know what to do and how it works, it's so simple.

Changing Bargaining for EP IMO would be a bad idea, as the main purpose of this char is to get to a stupidly high level without much work and in the quickest time, meaning that you can easily get high numbers of Bargaining so you can buy lots of awesome gear from merchants. There is no real point to EP in this build as you wont exactly be going around killing random mobs for drops. (killing random mobs to progress through the story to get to higher difficulties is very hard anyways, as you have no good mob killing skills. Just equip lots of run speed gear (caps at 150%) and only do the quest objectives.

Thank you man, I will definitely be doing this when I get back on. Are you on xbox live? I normally only play single player but would be cool if you could get me on my feet with this before I make mistakes with it. Aha.

If you are on XBL add I CAPTAIN AT I

Thank you man, I will definitely be doing this when I get back on. Are you on xbox live? I normally only play single player but would be cool if you could get me on my feet with this before I make mistakes with it. Aha.

If you are on XBL add I CAPTAIN AT I

Hmmm, well my 3 month live ran out yesterday >.< As of right now I don't have the extra money, or the need to get another 3 months yet, but you can get me here on the forums or on my MSN if you wanna ask me anything

Guess I'll throw in my 2 cents. I've built 2 of them now. One a shopper, one a non-shopper. Note, I'm playing on 360 version.

Non-Shopper (level 65, Silver, 0 deaths 3h26m of gameplay, LOL)

- Nature Lore - 65

- Voodoo Focus - 65

- Nature Focus - 65

- EP - 1

- Concentration - 1

- Combat Reflexes - 5

- Armor Lore - 37

- Tactics Lore - 5

- Dual Wield - 1

- Combat Discipline - 1

I plan to save glitch this one up to platinum and annihilate that difficulty. I'm pretty sure I can hit Niob at lvl100 in under 10 hours. The reason why I took concentration much later is because I spent more of the earlier levels just doing desert runs.

I cannot take Voodoo focus as my second Combat Art. It is grayed out. I can take Voodoo lore, however. How did you get voodoo focus without voodoo lore? I took Nature lore as my first Combat Art.

It seems that Voodoo focus is a secondary skill and voodoo lore is the primary skill. Anyone who is following this build, how do you get voodoo focus as the second skill you take without having voodoo lore?

What do you mean by save glitch?

Edited by confusedxx

W00t my 2nd vd dryad

Level 102 dual wield dryad

17 hours 17 min

gold mode

1st dryadLevel 99 sword and sheild FAIL dryad (because I added to many runes to vd)

33 hour 10 min

gold mode

Big difference to my other dryad :(:):drool:

And one question

What does gold mode cap at? I think they have caps because in silver they wont go higher than like 65 or something

I wanna know so I know when I gotta do another campain run which is BORING :cry: but desert runs are fun :yay: :yay::yay:

W00t my 2nd vd dryad

17 hours 17 min

gold mode

1st dryadLevel 99 sword and sheild FAIL dryad (because I added to many runes to vd)

33 hour 10 min

gold mode

And one question

What does gold mode cap at? I think they have caps because in silver they wont go higher than like 65 or something

I wanna know so I know when I gotta do another campain run which is BORING :cry: but desert runs are fun :yay: :yay::yay:

Born to kill

please tell us the skills and the order of taking them as well as the order of points you put into the skills.

I was trying to do the dual wield but as you can see in the post above yours, I get stuck at the second skill.

Thanks

W00t my 2nd vd dryad

17 hours 17 min

gold mode

33 hour 10 min

gold mode

And one question

Born to kill

please tell us the skills and the order of taking them as well as the order of points you put into the skills.

I was trying to do the dual wield but as you can see in the post above yours, I get stuck at the second skill.

Thanks

Its very very very simple :)

What to do:

Basicly your saying it wont let you select it? In your case you need to get nature weaver lore to 5 then it will let you take it.

Explanation:Any primary skill of that column with 5 points into it will let you get a secondary skill in that column.

There are four columns:

Combat arts (with stuff like the focus and lores)

Offence (with stuff like tatics lore/dual wield)

Defence (with stuff like armor lore/toughness constiution and stuff)

General (with stuff like bargaining/enchanced perception)

What I did: (based on purple lizards build)Level 102 dual wield shopper dryad

Nature weaver lore: 100

Nature weaver focus:102

Cabalistic voodoo focus:12

Combat reflexs:5

Tatics lore:21

Dual wield:1

Armor lore:10

Enhanced perception:5

Bargaining:102

Constiution:73 (ooh constiuition nearly at mastery :) ) I swaped concentration with constiution couldnt be botherd to wait for a answer which was better but I took the obvious I hope I did right... well it is working :)

Oh yeah and remember to pump ancient bark mad with runes :)

My ancient bark is at :level 63

I pretty much nerded this game this morning played 10 hours non stop (obviously with lunch and stuff inbetween lol

Edited by Born to kill

next comment has nothing to do w/ this build but I needed to say

THANK YOU GOGO the new avatar rocks^^ hadnt had time to find a replacement yet.

THIS PART DOES GOOD JOB BORN YOU FOUND YOUR FLOW! THESE BUILDS ARE JUST GO BYISH YOU HAVE TO FIND OUT WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. NOT EVERY BUILD HERE IN THESE MANY POST WILL WORK FOR EVERYONE BUT FOR SOME IT WILL. MY BUILD ISNT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED OR THE PERSON LOOKING TO DO A MILION QUEST. PURELY FAST LEVEILING W/O DEATHS(SURVIVAL BONUS).

O CONFUSSED GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK ON THE NET.I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION FOR YOU WHAT LEVEL IS YOUR BARGAINING AND CHECK YOUR RELICS BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE MERCHANTS TO MAKE SURE THEY HAVE + BARGAING SKILL ON THEM AS WELL. + SKILL FROM RINGS GEAR AND RELICS ARE HOW YOU GET THE BAD ARSE FINDS FROM THE MERCHANTS BUT IT ONLY WORKS THE 1ST TIME YOU CLICK THEM. SO YOU CANT CLICK THEM BUY SOMETHING THEN CLICK THEM AGAIN TO FIND SOMETHING BETTER YOU MUST WARP AROUND IF IN FREE WORLD TO FIND BETTER GEAR. ALSO IF AT 1ST YOU DONT FIND ANYTHING GO TO A DIFFERENT TOWN. THE UPSIDE TO A SHOPPER IS GREAT FINDS THE DOWNSIDE IS THE TIME IT TAKES TO FIND THESE GOLD MINES. AS MANY HAVE MENTIONED BEFORE IVE HAD THE BEST LUCK IN THYLSIUM RUNEMASTERS AND ALSO THE HISSAI.

I am now in gold on my shopper and I have not found too many + all skills or + combat art rings. So besides that what would be the best stuff to trick out my noob items?

What exactly is + Spell intensity do for me?

SPELL INTENSITY HELPS LOWER A MOBS RESISTANCE TO SPELLS CASTED UPON THEM BASICALLY LETTING THEM GET THE FULL EFFECT OF THE SPELL.

I cannot take Voodoo focus as my second Combat Art. It is grayed out. I can take Voodoo lore, however. How did you get voodoo focus without voodoo lore? I took Nature lore as my first Combat Art.

It seems that Voodoo focus is a secondary skill and voodoo lore is the primary skill. Anyone who is following this build, how do you get voodoo focus as the second skill you take without having voodoo lore?

Save glitch is when you join a multiplayer campaign at a higher level than you have unlocked, activate a quest, then a save point, and then exit, you have access to that difficulty even though you never unlocked it.

So for example, I built up my Dryad entirely in silver free world. I then join someone else's multiplayer campaign on platinum, trigger a quest, then a save point, the leave. Now, on my main menu, I have the choice to continue a platinum campaign (though it will start me from the very beginning. Now as long as I keep going with it without joining a different difficulty or trying to start a free world, I can just beat it and unlock Niob without having to go through the hassle of beating gold and silver.

Edited by Purple Lizard

Save glitch is when you join a multiplayer campaign at a higher level than you have unlocked, activate a quest, then a save point, and then exit, you have access to that difficulty even though you never unlocked it.

So for example, I built up my Dryad entirely in silver free world. I then join someone else's multiplayer campaign on platinum, trigger a quest, then a save point, the leave. Now, on my main menu, I have the choice to continue a platinum campaign (though it will start me from the very beginning. Now as long as I keep going with it without joining a different difficulty or trying to start a free world, I can just beat it and unlock Niob without having to go through the hassle of beating gold and silver.

that is awesome. I have to try that on PS3 and Level up. I was dreading the boredom of campaign quest in Gold.

Does it unlock the other modes before that or just the one you would get normaly like you get only niob or do u get platnium and gold aswell as niob?

:thumbsup::P:P

Level 116 niob now

23 hour 42 mins

Theres something that just keeps bothering me.... the lag... even with my hard drive it laggs (I have installed it on and I played on my hard drive)

It still works I still get very quick levels but when they all at the SAME TIME die it litterly laggs mad and im like running on the spot if I let go of anolog stick (proof of lag) everything stops moving.... 10-30 seconds later I get some experience not all of it and everything around me is... un..poisoned...... :)

Edit: I was offline by myself too

Edited by Born to kill

Thats because your 360 is having to process billions of calculations at once aswell as playing the actual game. When on my Pyromancer HE using blazing tempest on a 30+mob lags it up aswell :thumbsup:

I stopped using this build a few weeks back, levelling became so slow on gold at level 50, so I'm leaving her there and gonna make her a bargaining set. Gonna make Antitrusts DW seraphim build and my own Temple Guardian DG/SoWa build as shoppers aswell :)

Thats because your 360 is having to process billions of calculations at once aswell as playing the actual game. When on my Pyromancer HE using blazing tempest on a 30+mob lags it up aswell :P

I stopped using this build a few weeks back, levelling became so slow on gold at level 50, so I'm leaving her there and gonna make her a bargaining set. Gonna make Antitrusts DW seraphim build and my own Temple Guardian DG/SoWa build as shoppers aswell :)

well yeah obviously its proccessing alot but its like saying the billions of experience was supposed to last for like a min but it lasts for like a second (which is still alot) meaning im getting a sixtith of experience I was going to get... only if it could process it..... I would skyrocket :) but no it even stops the disease itself because of the lag.......

is there anyway to stop it lagging or unpoisoning enemeys through lagg:) ughhhhh well atleast I still get a level every 5-10 mins at like level 116 :)

• 3 weeks later...

It isn't working as fast as u say, I take 30 mins for a level PC, version 2.12

and ppl were showing vids that monsters that appear in screen get poisened right away, that doesn't happen to me either

(I'm level 12) silver.

Please help me soon!

Ah, thanks, I don't like this version 2.12 anyways, all mini bosses are gone. (Not yet implented on this version I think)

Oh well, I have it for PS3 too, but someone said (On this thread) that it's deleten from that..

Edited by Johansen