Shield and Sword - Pros and Cons?

I was wondering if anyone had plans of using a shield and a sword and if anyone knew any pros or cons. I just found a unique shield with damage mitigation and socketed it with a damage mitigation rune. Ive noticed I seem to take alot less damage that way. I have not taken anything as far a shield lore or a weapon modifier. Using base stats for ninja build with astral skills. in other words tactics for my art mods and no maleviolent champion or death warrior skills. I really can't tell much of a difference with one or two swords...

I was wondering if anyone had plans of using a shield and a sword and if anyone knew any pros or cons. I just found a unique shield with damage mitigation and socketed it with a damage mitigation rune. Ive noticed I seem to take alot less damage that way. I have not taken anything as far a shield lore or a weapon modifier. Using base stats for ninja build with astral skills. in other words tactics for my art mods and no maleviolent champion or death warrior skills. I really can't tell much of a difference with one or two swords...

hey deathfrozenover, I moved your post into the discussion area for Consoles, you may get more traffic here for answers to your question. After you build and test your toon you can share with everybody in the guides areas.

I was thinking this one is kinda what your doing, maybe some ideas here Talk to the hand

1h/shield is mostly for unique caster builds. It might be a better choice at low levels but once you start fleshing out your skills and get better gear you will definitely start to notice the difference in damage.

Also, while I don't use Shadow Veil as a permanent buff in my Talk to the Hand build it can certainly be modded to fulfill that type of playstyle. If you choose to play it that way I would advise changing out quite a few of the skills. My vision for that build was to make a tank build that used Spectral Hand as the main Combat Art. If you wanted to be stealthed the entire time then probably 2-4 of those skills will be all but useless to the build.

Keep in mind that when you're stealthed you must keep an eye on your SH regen. If you attempt to use that Combat Art when it is recharging it will make you take a melee swing and break your stealth. This alone really kills the build from being a stealth build and living up to its potential because once you get SH down to about .5 seconds regen you're practically on the verge of spamming it and you'll likely break stealth quite a lot in doing so.

For that build, SV is simply a means of skipping through the campaigns as fast as possible. This is why I modded it for increased run speed. Anyone who's had to stomach the campaign over and over for multiple characters can surely see why I would do this.

1h/shield is mostly for unique caster builds. It might be a better choice at low levels but once you start fleshing out your skills and get better gear you will definitely start to notice the difference in damage.

Also, while I don't use Shadow Veil as a permanent buff in my Talk to the Hand build it can certainly be modded to fulfill that type of playstyle. If you choose to play it that way I would advise changing out quite a few of the skills. My vision for that build was to make a tank build that used Spectral Hand as the main Combat Art. If you wanted to be stealthed the entire time then probably 2-4 of those skills will be all but useless to the build.

Keep in mind that when you're stealthed you must keep an eye on your SH regen. If you attempt to use that Combat Art when it is recharging it will make you take a melee swing and break your stealth. This alone really kills the build from being a stealth build and living up to its potential because once you get SH down to about .5 seconds regen you're practically on the verge of spamming it and you'll likely break stealth quite a lot in doing so.

For that build, SV is simply a means of skipping through the campaigns as fast as possible. This is why I modded it for increased run speed. Anyone who's had to stomach the campaign over and over for multiple characters can surely see why I would do this.

Thanks Numerii,

I got stuck in PC mode in my head, we can use right mouse click, avoiding that bloody melee attack between regens. Console can get you with the single button approach, huh?

You can make it work but it takes constantly watching your SH regen which means you're not watching anything else. This is not such a bad thing since you're stealthed the entire time, just makes for even more boring gameplay. On top of that you'd really need to have an intimate knowledge of what your clicking speed is so to speak so as not to lose out on DPS due to lag from the time you notice the regen being finished combined with your reaction speed. I doubt most people could pull off a .5 second cast unless that just happened to be the speed they were able to spam the button...and if you get all of that down you still have the annoying phenomenom that causes your character to stand there stuttering with his casts upon killing one target and choosing the next and this is all but guaranteed to break your stealth if you're trying to spam the casts.

Or you can just make a build that doesn't require you to be stealthed the entire time lol.

well I use a combination of arrows/male violent/combo demonicblow scythingsweep/ I can switch between the three allowing me to hit one after another clearing the screen with my skely's. So after I hit three times usually it's clear... If in the rare instance I need to hit more than three my usually the first skill ready is spectral so I use that. After that it's waiting on MV champion to regen which is probably why I should add that skill in. concidering so far that I have a good sword. mauled weapons is out right now. Not really sure about the combo regen on ps3. I have Mv champion attack in one combo by itself and doesn't seem to be much faster. I have not hit last four mods of my build, but I have a level 80ish shadow warrior with few mod points and am not happy with thqt dual wield skill even though it's fast and strong because of the lack of def. I know that in pvp you really need alot of damage cause potions really keep you alive which kinda makes shadow warrior suck without HOT's So I'm thinking damage mit is the only fix. I have a 60% survival bonus with the shadow veil and haven't even come close to dying once in bronze I really like that. Now I'm off to get my last 3 class quests in bronze and ready to quickly move to gold... soloed all bosses in bronze with the current map I'll post the current skills and lvls when I get on later so you guys can anylize it more...

ttyl

I like using a shield/sword combo just for my personal enjoyment. I'm into just beating the crap out of things so I find that is the best combo of attack and defense. I'm currently running a 55 seraphim with this combo along with warding energy and battle stance. I'm still leveling on silver and haven't come close to dying yet.

To me, a doubt Shadow Warrior 2 swords, a high level (Platinum) is very important in number of sockets, but were most will notice is the leveling, while the shield goes up 1 level, te dual up 2.

Greetings

There are no shields with 3 gold sockets as far as I know. Dual wielding officers sabers will give you more socket, which can be nice if you're trying to make a bargaining suit for example. Sword + shield is very nice for caster builds indeed and is generally more defensive than wielding 2 weapons.

I use shield and star for bosses, but only bring out the shield for use against bosses. Yes, I know you`re talking about a sword, but for bosses the shield star combo is SO good with the leech percentage, even if you haven`t chosen ranged, it`s well worth it to try and see if their is faster killigng speed or not. I'd much rather prefer going two handed for a wep and getting that sparkling damage and only resorting to a higher degree of protection for bosses. So far a Dryad doesn't need any kind of uber shielding in any area of the game unless going against bosses. If you do good shopping you can get five sockets for your boss killer weapon ensemble, three for the shield and two for the star...and if you want better quality shielding you can drop the total number of sockets to four.

:D

gogo