SacredWiki & DarkMatters Supporting Member Badges

Hi Ka! (Quick answer to your question is here : DarkMatters and SacredWiki Supporting Member Subscriptions )

heh, you caught us with this so quickly ^^ Supporting Members is the group of members here on site at DarkMatters and SacredWiki that purchase a Supporting Members badge as you've seen some of the members here having in their profiles.

Click Here to get a SacredWiki and DarkMatters Supporting Members badge now

We are putting together the subscription packages now for our members, and was hoping this would be a fun way for our community to show their support for the sites via the new pay pal buttons. All money collected is going directly to pay for:

• hosting for two sites
  • two photobucket pro accounts for the wiki and this site
  • url registrations
  • yearly renewal of license for IPB Boards
  • map upload fees
  • IPB Wiki bridge - renewal of software to integrate management of SacredWiki and DarkMatters

All just a little less than 500.00 CAD for last years running costs.

We're not a big fan of the "donation" model for helping collect money to run websites, and like much better the idea of offering products from the sites that will offer some values for members who enjoy the time they spend on the forum and SacredWiki.

You can guy a badge for whatever amount you wish, we're grateful for help that's offered to help with the costs of the sites

The badges started being placed last night on members that have already given money via paypal (Knuckles a few weeks ago and Dragon Brother just last night) and ended up with the Supporting Members Badges as surprise bonus :)

We'll have all the information out for the subscription packages out by tomorrow.

Thanks for interest, your energy here and hope you like the badges!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Thanks for starting this thread Ka, was wondering about the same thing myself actually.

I'm all for helping out with donations to keep DM and the Wiki floating, so expect a donation from me very shortly :)

lol You should have chosen Master Cookie Card. ^^

@Spunky:

The badges are associated by groups so we needed a group for Mods and Mods that donate. The icons are intended to replace the text but since IPB doesn't have that function of replacing text with image I'll have to customize the code. :)

Lookin sharp there Spunky. Thank you! :) We're still working things and we will be posting all the details soon but for now I'd like you to know that your avatar limit has been raised to 150x150. Keep in mind that the next time you change your avatar the forum software will stretch your avatar to 150x150. If your avatar is a different size you'll need to type the size into the size text fields. I plan to set up the forum to use the exact size of the image in the future.

Welcome to the club spunky :)

The larger avatar and badges are nice, especially the badges, very spiffy looking :P Although I must say schot...I just saw a dude running across your badge and decided I wants an admin badge :) Thats some cool work youve put into them, neat stuff :)

The larger avatar and badges are nice, especially the badges, very spiffy looking :P Although I must say schot...I just saw a dude running across your badge and decided I wants an admin badge :mafia:

Thanx! The badges have already gone through quite an evolution as Knuckles can attest to. ^^ Of course I had extra special fun with my own but I don't think I'm going to keep it that way. The bits at each end are from the Sacred 2 fam kit and I'm pretty sure I could do better. I love the lil anim I made but the over all look needs more work. It's 1st gen design so we'll see how it evolves. :lol:

P.s.

Touched up the supporting member badge a bit to make it look more solid. A simple outline can go a long way. :) You all will probably need to do a hard refresh to see the change. Shift+Refresh Button in Firefox. CTRL+Refresh Button in IE.

I am so happy everyone likes the work. Wonderful! We will be working with more tags over the next few weeks, but we'll have the info for the packages up tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for this support, you have no idea what it feels like seeing support for something like this which we love so much and have been fortunate to share with so many of our friends.

We've got loads of ideas, and want to have as much fun with everyone here as we slowly grow up with all of you with what we believe to be one of the most unique gaming communities on the internet with no flames, and a positive, celebratory spirit.

More to come!

:)

gogo

p.s. And thank you so much Spunky for buying a support badge... awesome!

The larger avatar and badges are nice, especially the badges, very spiffy looking :) Although I must say schot...I just saw a dude running across your badge and decided I wants an admin badge :lol:

Thanx! The badges have already gone through quite an evolution as Knuckles can attest to. ^^ Of course I had extra special fun with my own but I don't think I'm going to keep it that way. The bits at each end are from the Sacred 2 fam kit and I'm pretty sure I could do better. I love the lil anim I made but the over all look needs more work. It's 1st gen design so we'll see how it evolves. :D

P.s.
Touched up the supporting member badge a bit to make it look more solid. A simple outline can go a long way. :agreed: You all will probably need to do a hard refresh to see the change. Shift+Refresh Button in Firefox. CTRL+Refresh Button in IE.

Well they can only get better! And the outline does add a bit of solidity to them.

K, I need some more explantion.

Do I just donate 10.00 thro Pay Pal (after clicking the donate button on darkmatters.org), Or do I need to click somewhere to select a one year sub, supporting badge, etc?

And another thing, do I have to donate 10 canadian dollars, 10 USA dollars or 10 euros?

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Just go through the link and make your donation.

Don't think there are options to donate anything else than canadian dollars, maybe there are but I didn't find it...

EDIT: I payed by credit card and didn't go through pay pal, so it's not required to have an PP account to donate.

Edited by Spunky
Just go through the link and make your donation.

Don't think there are options to donate anything else than canadian dollars, maybe there are but I didn't find it...

oki donating now, thx for help :drinks:

cheers!

chOreos Rantras

K, I need some more explantion.

Do I just donate 10.00 thro Pay Pal (after clicking the donate button on darkmatters.org), Or do I need to click somewhere to select a one year sub, supporting badge, etc?

And another thing, do I have to donate 10 canadian dollars, 10 USA dollars or 10 euros?

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Thanx for the cookies! :P Like you mentioned in your post we will eventually have a subscription system in place. Simply to make everything easier for us and for anyone wanting to donate. At the moment the donation is just a bit unfamiliar. I'm pretty sure the entire process can be done without ever leaving the familiarity of DarkMatters. I just gotta figure out all the buttons. ^^ Actually... I have to upgrade the forum. :) All in due time!

Looking good with your smashing new badge there Chareos :agreed:

Welcome to the club :)

w00t Thanks mate!

@Schot

Hope you'll enjoy the extra cookies Schot, freshly baked!

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Hurray for this, much better than adverts. Community powah!

:agreed:

EDIT: I just noticed, is the post/sig separator ever going to get reuploaded?

Edited by fRACTAL

Thank you Tim! Haha, I completely agree. Ads make skinning less enjoyable for me. ^^ As for the sig separator I never even noticed, heh. All bettah now though. Thanx for pointing it out. :agreed: