What is the highest acheivable Combat Art level in ice & blood?

Given that the player can only read 200 runes, what is the highest level Combat Art achievable in ice & blood?

Highest Combat Art Level Without Penalty (HCALWP for short) refers to the maximum level a player can have in a specific Combat Art without incurring any penalties.

Calculation of HCALWP

The exact formula for calculating the Highest Level w/o Penalty is not currently known. The two things that affect the end result are the character's level, and the level in the focus skill for the aspect of the Combat Art in question.

The approximate progression of HCALWP from character level only (0 points in the focus skill) is as follows:

* Character Level 75: Highest Level of 21

* Character Level 150: Highest Level of 40

* Character Level 200: Highest Level of 52

The current rule of thumb on the Focus skill is: 5 points in the focus skill yields one additional Combat Art Level without penalty. Therefore, a level 150 character with 20 points in a focus skill would have a HCALWP of approximately 44 for that aspect. A level 200 character with 200 points in the focus skill will have a Highest Level of 98.

Given that the player can only read 200 runes, what is the highest level Combat Art achievable in ice & blood?

Highest Combat Art Level Without Penalty (HCALWP for short) refers to the maximum level a player can have in a specific Combat Art without incurring any penalties.

Calculation of HCALWP

The exact formula for calculating the Highest Level w/o Penalty is not currently known. The two things that affect the end result are the character's level, and the level in the focus skill for the aspect of the Combat Art in question.

The approximate progression of HCALWP from character level only (0 points in the focus skill) is as follows:

* Character Level 75: Highest Level of 21

* Character Level 150: Highest Level of 40

* Character Level 200: Highest Level of 52

The current rule of thumb on the Focus skill is: 5 points in the focus skill yields one additional Combat Art Level without penalty. Therefore, a level 150 character with 20 points in a focus skill would have a HCALWP of approximately 44 for that aspect. A level 200 character with 200 points in the focus skill will have a Highest Level of 98.

By my quick test a level 200 char with a 200 skill point Focus is level 98 Combat art level without pnalty as you stated. form here you have to go to +skills socketed to see what can trully be achieved. supposed you take the math a little further and you could find 16 double +skill rings and amus to socket thats +288 to all skills right? check it, my math in my head don't work too good before a cup of coffee. be back....

The HLCWAP data was posted to help but what I wanted to know was highest Combat Art level achievable/acheived, regardless of penalty given the 200 rune limit.

Well, the first thing that will increase Combat Art levels is rune eating. The 200 level character would need to eat 200 runes as a start to see how high this could get, then add +Combat Art.

Edited by ka243
The HLCWAP data was posted to help but what I wanted to know was highest Combat Art level achievable/acheived, regardless of penalty given the 200 rune limit.

Well, the first thing that will increase Combat Art levels is rune eating. The 200 level character would need to eat 200 runes as a start to see how high this could get, then add +Combat Art.

HLCWAP I thought was without penalty? the focus level is the highest level without penalty? what am I missing?

HLCWAP I thought was without penalty? the focus level is the highest level without penalty? what am I missing?

Ah is see...