Skill progression formulaes

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh nonsense Antitrust. Your tables are of tremendous value. Let's us finger through the list to make planning very convenient. :)

nokka. Your formulae is an excellent addition to the wiki as I can now see. Please feel free to continue as you did with the rest of the skills. :sigh:

Sorry for the loss of momentum with the wiki updates...

I've known for about 10 days now that this particular week(end) would be packed.

Don't give up hope, though! I'll be back to finish the work over the next work-week! ^^

nathaniel

Finally added all formulas I was comfortable adding to the wiki.

Only ones missing are:

Damage Lore (Effect chance), ~Weapons (Double Hit chance), Warding Energy Lore (Damage Absorption), Bargaining (Special offer chance)

Pacifism, and Constitution (I need testing for high levels and to check if there's a mastery switch)

and (strangely) Combat Discipline.

• 2 months later...
Constitution works a bit differently: The health-point bonus you get is linear in skill level, but depends (slightly) quadratically on the player level.

So far this is what I have:

Health bonus = ( 0.0005557*L² + 0.2438*L + 12.14) * x, (abs)

where L is char level and x is skill level.

The Vitality HP bonus, the Constitution HP bonus and the actual base HP (total -these two bonuses) are independant of eachother.

I have the coefficients fairly precisely, but they should be tested at higher CharLvls.

This formula seems not to work exactly. There is a small difference.

Do you need some example values for the new formula?

ok, so I have a question.

I want to know at what level skills are at 90% of the theoretical maximum values. If SB is any indicator, then these should be readily attainable - to use combat discipline as an example if I can get the skill level to, say 250 (maybe I would get 440% damage) , then I should basically quit and raise another skill.