Random quest circles?

candesco

Normally when you receive a quest a circle appears on your map and refers to the area where the quest starts.

Since Ice & Blood there are now circles appearing on the map which aren't linked to any quest. This happens to me when both importing existing characters and to start from the beginning.

I 've first imported my existing characters and then I found a "ghost" circle on the map at a couple of places in Artamark and Tyr Lysia.

Then I decide to start all from the beginning (deleted my savegames), but still 2 random circles appear on the map. One refers to the paperboy in Twainbrook, the other refers to the blind guardian fan in Thylysium.

They are also all the time activated. When I get a new quest the circle to the fan in thylysium is still activated.

Before Ice & Blood and with patch 2.43 everytime I got a quest the new one was activated (for example; I got the quest muggers and then muggers was activated)

It seems like some quests are broken or are messed up. Now I know the paperboy in Twainbrook plays a role in a quest that starts at benny's corn circles, but as far as I know the npc's with the name blind guardian fan only say random things about the concert and are not related to any quests.

Normally when you receive a quest a circle appears on your map and refers to the area where the quest starts.

Since Ice & Blood there are now circles appearing on the map which aren't linked to any quest. This happens to me when both importing existing characters and to start from the beginning.

I 've first imported my existing characters and then I found a "ghost" circle on the map at a couple of places in Artamark and Tyr Lysia.

Then I decide to start all from the beginning (deleted my savegames), but still 2 random circles appear on the map. One refers to the paperboy in Twainbrook, the other refers to the blind guardian fan in Thylysium.

They are also all the time activated. When I get a new quest the circle to the fan in thylysium is still activated.

Before Ice & Blood and with patch 2.43 everytime I got a quest the new one was activated (for example; I got the quest muggers and then muggers was activated)

It seems like some quests are broken or are messed up. Now I know the paperboy in Twainbrook plays a role in a quest that starts at benny's corn circles, but as far as I know the npc's with the name blind guardian fan only say random things about the concert and are not related to any quests.

What you are seeing I noticed too. They are the employees of Ascaron. They will appear on your map once the location is "revealed" by your character. For more details see the wiki here: Something_Wonderful

And I also noticed the active quest issue when I cam from Xbox. you have to micromanage the quest log a little. it will not automatically select a quest. and once finished the last grey circle of the completed quest seems to say until you select a new quest

Yeah, but those npc's I mention are not part of something wonderfull. I guess the blind guardian fan is just somekind of direction point to the quest.

And the paperboy in Twainbrook is involved in an other quest.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, but those npc's I mention are not part of something wonderfull. I guess the blind guardian fan is just somekind of direction point to the quest.

Ya, if you had noticed prior to the patch, all the npcs that have grey circles now all had !s over their heads in the original game. It seems they introduced a bug where any npc with a ! gets a quest circle on the map. What's worse is, once you start the something wonderful quest, all those npcs lose their map markers so you're back to stumbling around trying to find them all again.

He's part of a quest that starts in Benny's Corn Circles. Forget the exact name (it has

Corn Circles in it), but you fight an 'alien' at the end.