High elf woes Pyromancer/storm

Ok so, hi there =D (I play on the 360 version on the game btw.)

I have started my fire high elf in the last hour or so, and while I was having a look round the guides I found two in particular I liked. (will include links at the bottom) One was Kat's 'Pyromancer high elf build-Flame on!', and BlacJAC's 'Near Invincible Ice Elf Build-console-'. I was reading through a few random threads on this forum looking for general information on whatever looked interesting. I came across one guide that mentioned Stormite magic being bad on consoles due to bad targeting problems.

So this lead me to try out the Pyromancer build. So I did, and when I got to my Hero's chest I took out one of every rune and had them all except Incediary Shower =/ but anyways, I used Blazing Tempest a few times expecting it to be a full 360 attack like Flaring Nova as I had seen on videos of High elves farming, but it wasn't. It attacked almost exactly the same as Glacial Thorns, but it wasn't.

So now I'm stuck as to which build works better. Stormite or Pyromancer. There is also a guide called 'The Icy Hot Patch (console version)' by Mage Fan, which is basically a combo of both but it looks a little weak to me because 5/10 skills are Stormite/Pyromancer/Delphic.

To end, my main question is. On consoles, what magic/build is better?

Here are the links

Kat's Pyromancy build

BlackJAC's Stormite build

Mage Fan's Pyromancer/Stom combo

Here are the links :) Thanks =D

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for the post.

As for the Angle of attack on the glacial thorns and blazing tempest. the angle widens was the Combat Art level increases. on a level 200 test toon I was able to see GT to a 320 degree attack. and BT was about the same. As with many combat arts in sacred 2 they get better latter in the game when Combat Art levels are higher

Cheers!

As for personal taste, I tend toward builds by Chattius, although they are all great in there own way. Chattius tend toward a Delphic Arcane base with Ice and/or Fire as secondary. all my builds start with Arcane lore as first skill

For the lores, Pick either fire or ice, no use getting both as you will want to focus on one element for damage and you only have so many Combat Art slots that can be active at once in any case.

Getting both focuses can be useful though if you want to have both fire and ice skins available (see chattius's builds). Using fire or ice skin situationally can be quite interesting. Ice skin is very nice for the orc cave for example (orcs deal only physical damage - OK the spiders do a little poison but they're wusses).

Fire lore + fire focus + Ice focus + delphic focus

Ancient Magic + Concentration

Shield lore + Constitution + Armor

Bargain OR Combat Discipline OR Delphic lore

... Sounds like a good build to me....

Edited by ka243

Okay, thanks for the replies. I looked through Chattius' created topics, and all I found was melee guides, while I am ideally looking for magic and ideally looking to use just 1 of either Pyromancer or storm.

And if BT and/or GT really do get alot better range-wise like locolagarto says then I may just have to put up with it for a few levels till I can mod either one fully.

I'd rather not go with using all three types of magic really as I think that would make me less effective overall. I'll have to just see what other replies I get......so many decisions @_@

Okay, thanks for the replies. I looked through Chattius' created topics, and all I found was melee guides, while I am ideally looking for magic and ideally looking to use just 1 of either Pyromancer or storm.

And if BT and/or GT really do get alot better range-wise like locolagarto says then I may just have to put up with it for a few levels till I can mod either one fully.

I'd rather not go with using all three types of magic really as I think that would make me less effective overall. I'll have to just see what other replies I get......so many decisions @_@

Sounds good. just for the record even on ice or fire builds, I use the Delphic primarily only at early levels when fire and ice spells are weakest. by level 50ish, I am only using the Grand invigoration buff, expulse and shadow step from the Delphic aspect. all offensive Combat Arts are from either fire or ice. and don't overlook the benefits of Grand invigoration. you can eat all the runes you want with no downside. only Combat Art in all of sacred2 that I have found to be like this.

Yea I am using DA for GI and I'll fully mod it later on. also using the shadow step the get down hills :) so far my char is only level 4 with concentration 1

Pyromancer lore 4

And I have eaten eight runes for GI so far (all I had in chest/all I could be bothered right now to change runes:P ), and the only combat art I am missing is Incediary shower, so I guess I'm not doing too bad. I haven't levelled it past four atm cos I don't wanna get too far to find out I'm doing it wrong.

I'd rather use DA for 'back-up' style skills, whilst using either Ice or Pyromancer for the other 99% of the time. Sorta like in Guild Wars a primary monk uses elementalist skills to make the monk skills better. I want to either use Pyromancer or Ice primary with DA to make them better.

^_^

EP is somewhat of a waste of a skill IMO. You can find lots of sets by miniboss farming or uniques just in general even without EP. Plus, with every additional character you create, you just get more and more items to stockpile and your chest will be full before you know it.

I also used a build similar to that and wish I had the ice focus to get ice skin instead of EP, or combat discipline or arcania lore for Expulse and GI power if you're opposed to the ice focus skill.