Weaponless Melee Build?

I thought that there was a thread for this some time ago but I just can't find it. Is a weaponless Melee build viable on HC or is it just something fun to play around with at low level? I'm starting to get the urge to try something different.

I thought that there was a thread for this some time ago but I just can't find it. Is a weaponless Melee build viable on HC or is it just something fun to play around with at low level? I'm starting to get the urge to try something different.

Kung Fu Dryad

This the closest I can get. maybe some discussion or a link in here somewhere. the only downside I can see is getting the base damage up. and not having any socketable weapons.

Of couse it was Master Chattius who penned a build. includes link to SIF with a more detailed build.

Chattius' melee elf and voodoo dryad

Chattius is the master with this. The topic I had started was kind of a accident while playing her...I was testing something and forgot to put her weapon back on.... all of a sudden noticed the awesome moves.

Animation for hits is fastest in game, but we don't have any gloves as items to equip.

Pity

:agreed:

gogo

Dryad is a good start. Use full Detheya-Set for x%-Life leech against bosses. Your base damage has to come from strength and 'damage x-x rings'. You probably need a good bargainer for this. So for the people who play on PC and in the Add-On using alchemy to unlock bargaining might be a good idea. You can get attack speed and hit chance from trophies versus tough enemies. Also your mentor potions will last for minutes because of alchemy so less sockets needed to socket experience rate.

My post in the links in the post before was done before the AddOn I think. Now I would add RpH (regeneration per hit). Weaponless combat is really quick, and if your chance to hit is good enough you can go for really high weapon combat arts. And since weapon Combat Art's seem to have a buildin hit chance which is better than normal attacks, having high Combat Art's is not only dmaage but better hit chance too.

What would be really needed:

if you have no bargainer:

alchemy->bargaining

to modify the melee attacks:

hunter focus and tactics

some protection:

reflexes->armour

protection buff and healing Combat Art:

nature focus

for 2 buffs:

concentration

hitpoints:

constitution

last not least:

ancient magic (my personal taste) or nature lore (what probably everyone else will do)

My old multiaspect Dryad, the one I used to do some KungFu-testing, had dust devil modified for damage. It was her first modified Combat Art: collecting some mobs and then let a dust devil do its work. There was a cartoon with a Tasmanian Devil called Taz some years ago. Taz moves quickly and his lower body looks like a whirlwind if he is in a hurry: Taz in action

So my KungFu Dryad will have dust devil modified and used. It will do nice damage and gives some defense when you fight inside the devil. And in the beginning when fighting with no weapon is really hard we will have at least the dust devil.

So a possible new KungFu-Dryad would look like:

02 hunter focus

03 alchemy

05 tactics

08 bargaining

12 reflexes

18 armour lore

25 concentration

35 nature focus

50 constitution

65 ancient magic

First bargaining would be for defensive gear to stay alive in the dust devil we use to kill the mobs. Playing will be easier as soon we have a full detheya because of its life leech.

There are probably some other ways to play it, but a Kungfu will need optimized gear and its better to do the bargaining with the character who will need it. I hate the look of the detheya so I use it only against bosses.

Use this post just as a skeleton for your character. You have to add the flesh and the muscles on your own.

Edited by chattius

Awesome, thanks guys, I was thinking along the same lines for skills. Alchemy, tactics, combat reflex, armor, concentration, constitution, and IWsee the point of ancient magic. What about combat discipline? Wont we need the most damage possible that we can deal? That would leave two skills open. For dryad the Hunter focus and Nature Focus like Chattius said. What about the seraphim? I know I've seen damage gloves for her, and take Exalted warrior and rev tech for the shield buff. I need to bounce this around in my head before I start building.

The knuckles (whatever the name of the fist weapons is) are rarely found on consoles but never on PC AFAIK.

What I mean the the damage element conversion % on gloves just like if we were to socket a element stone into a weapon. But this modifier is in the gloves.

I started do a bit of a test last night on SP. Experience is boosted a bit for faster progression. Started a Shadow Warrior. But I'm thinking of a three aspect build for this.

Furian's Ninja

All points into Vitality until 75 for a good base, 76 and beyond Strength.

Main Aspect is Malevolent Champion, back up aspects are Death warrior and Astral Lord.

what I'm looking at is the following:

Tactics Lore We will keep this at level, damage and mod points for Malevolent and Death Warrior

Armor Lore

Malevolent Champion Focus Keep at level

Astral Lord Focus Nine points only to get Shadow Veil modded and permenant

Death Warrior Focus

Concentration alternating two active buffs and SV for Ninja effect

Combat Reflexes

Combat Discipline

Constitution

I should be able to get 3 masteries by 75, Tactics Lore, Malevolent Champion, Armor Lore, after that I'll try to do Concentration for the 3rd slot of buffs, Combat Discipline.

Combat Arts will be

Reflective Emanation (Buff)

Reflective Emanation Modded for Tough, Antimagic, Riposte

Frenzied Rampage Modded for Double Attack, Double Strike, Vampire

Killing Spree Modded for Control, Perseverance, Sway

Augmenting Guidon Modded for Elite, Healing, Fear

Grim Resilience (Buff)

Grim Resilience Modded for Fortify, Readiness, Reflex

Rousing Command Modded for Persistance, or Warsong toss up which, will have to test. Impulse, and Leader

Ruinous Onslaught Modded for Fend, Adrenaline, Routine or Adrenaline again, will have to test.

Shadow Veil Modded for Creep, Fade, Sinister Pact. Minimum of 9 points into Astral Lord Focus to get this modded, eat or socket runes till its at level 25 at a minimum.

Thats only nine skills. Leaving us an option to chose something were in need of at level 65 of we let it sit there until we do need something if we make it to higher levels.

The Shadow veil is used for either as an escape route Rule #6 or for using our sneekiness and pouncing on the enemy by surprise. Two active buffs until we get concentration to level 75 then we can use three at will. Until that time Reflective Emanation and Grim Resilience will be the main buffs until we use Shadow Viel, I drop grim and activate SV. Sneek up on the enemy and reswap Grim Resistance. Be ready for some action because the fight will be on when you drop the SV. This will be a bit of a pain until we get Concentration Mastery.

Edited by Furian67