Shopping Question - What affects the items a merchant has for sale?

What things effect the items that a merchant will have for sale for me to buy on the 360? My understanding is that they are as follows:

1) My level

2) My Bargaining level

3) Difficulty level

Is that it or can other skills effect mods on items? Example, can having a mastery in ARMOR LORE open up mods on items being offered or will the items being offered be the same, its just that we wont be able to use the mod?

Thanks

What things effect the items that a merchant will have for sale for me to buy on the 360? My understanding is that they are as follows:

1) My level

2) My Bargaining level

3) Difficulty level

Is that it or can other skills effect mods on items? Example, can having a mastery in ARMOR LORE open up mods on items being offered or will the items being offered be the same, its just that we wont be able to use the mod?

Thanks

As you approach level 75 you will start to see items with "Mastery" I don't believe that having any Mastery necessarily changes the items available. your first 3 items are correct as far as I can tell

1) My level

2) My Bargaining level

3) Difficulty level

Thanks

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding the three things you mentioned are all that effect the items offered. Just because you have a skill selected or even mastered doesn't mean the rings/ammys a merchant has available are going to be more likely to pertain to that skill. That is why whenever you go to a merchant, half of the rings/ammys there in no way pertain to your skill set.

1) My level

2) My Bargaining level

3) Difficulty level

Thanks

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding the three things you mentioned are all that effect the items offered. Just because you have a skill selected or even mastered doesn't mean the rings/ammys a merchant has available are going to be more likely to pertain to that skill. That is why whenever you go to a merchant, half of the rings/ammys there in no way pertain to your skill set.

I just wanted to make sure that I didn't need ARMOR LORE to get things like MITIGATION damage on armor at the merchant. I am still debating starting my shopper/VD dryad over and somehow getting ARMOR LORE into that build.... however, not 100% positive I really need it since all I really do is run around the desert trying to avoid conflict! LOL

1) My level

2) My Bargaining level

3) Difficulty level

Thanks

I just wanted to make sure that I didn't need ARMOR LORE to get things like MITIGATION damage on armor at the merchant. I am still debating starting my shopper/VD dryad over and somehow getting ARMOR LORE into that build.... however, not 100% positive I really need it since all I really do is run around the desert trying to avoid conflict! LOL

You do need armor lore mastery to unlock damage mitigation bonuses on some high level rare armor. Having the armor lore skill will not affect whether these items will appear at the merchant or not but if you do not have the armor lore mastery skill, you will not be able to see how much damage mitigation comes from these high level pieces of armor and as a result you will not know how good they are(!).

I find armor lore to be a very helpful skill and I generally try to master it early.

You have to see the ratio between its level and their score in Bargain. Bargain when taking 2,5 times its level and fully operational. At this rate and could buy swords lasser. Try a level 2 or DM or HE well see amazing results. I use my mule DM level 2 whit 13 points in Bargain I have made to rexperience rings at 7,1% (normaly is a lots by 4,5%).

Greetings

Edited by warriorc
You have to see the ratio between its level and their score in Bargain. Bargain when taking 2,5 times its level and fully operational. At this rate and could buy swords lasser. Try a level 2 or DM or HE well see amazing results. I use my mule DM level 2 whit 13 points in Bargain I have made to rexperience rings at 7,1% (normaly is a lots by 4,5%).

Greetings

are sword lasers on the 360 version?

Greetings

are sword lasers on the 360 version?

Yes, but very rare

Ok, I am very confused by the whole shopping thing and how LEVEL plays a role in what is offered. Is it better to shop with a level 2 character in Niob with a Bargaining ability of say 200 or a level 200 character in Niob with a bargaining of 500? I am mainly referring to rings and amulets.

Thanks

here's a really simple shopping question.... on the ps3 do all the merchs sell the same thing or do you have to go to specific ones for specific things? I.e. the merch in one town sells different stuff to one in another town?

Edited by Evurr
Ok, I am very confused by the whole shopping thing and how LEVEL plays a role in what is offered. Is it better to shop with a level 2 character in Niob with a Bargaining ability of say 200 or a level 200 character in Niob with a bargaining of 500? I am mainly referring to rings and amulets.

Thanks

the Character level and Difficulty level will determine item level and Modifier value. the Bargaining level will determine the chance to find rare items and modifiers. well the level 200 with bargaining of 500 will not find the rarest items but they will be level 200ish. the level 2 with bargaining of 200. would have a great chance at finding the rarest of rares but they are level 2 items.

I am finding that neither of these is the best case. for a beginning level bargainer I would go to about level 5-8 and load of at least X5 bargaining (25-40) more is always better. this would be great as you can get a new toon to level 5-8 very fast in silver. then I like level 30,60,90 etc. as set pieces spawn every 15 levels. you could build a bargainer to level with you to achieve this without needing a ton of bargainers. however boosting a bargainer to Niob (and shopping in a noib server)will definitely get you the best modifiers on items.

Her is a great write -up by our own Antitrust on how bargaining and ep work.

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...1417#post531417

Thanks

the Character level and Difficulty level will determine item level and Modifier value. the Bargaining level will determine the chance to find rare items and modifiers. well the level 200 with bargaining of 500 will not find the rarest items but they will be level 200ish. the level 2 with bargaining of 200. would have a great chance at finding the rarest of rares but they are level 2 items.

I am finding that neither of these is the best case. for a beginning level bargainer I would go to about level 5-8 and load of at least X5 bargaining (25-40) more is always better. this would be great as you can get a new toon to level 5-8 very fast in silver. then I like level 30,60,90 etc. as set pieces spawn every 15 levels. you could build a bargainer to level with you to achieve this without needing a ton of bargainers. however boosting a bargainer to Niob (and shopping in a noib server)will definitely get you the best modifiers on items.

Her is a great write -up by our own Antitrust on how bargaining and ep work.

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...1417#post531417

first off thanks for the time to respond. however, remember I am on the 360 so I am unsure what differences there are. For example, it is my understanding that the shops will never have anything more then 2-star items for sale. that is they will never sell sets or unique items regardless of your bargain rating. I do think that after I get to Niob (got a ways to go yet) I will make a level 8 guy and shop with him in Niob and see whats what.

Is there any location where you can go see the "best possible" mods that can be found on any type of item? For example, what is the best theoretical +ALL SKILLS I can find on a ring at say level 8 versus level 80 versus level 200?

Thanks

first off thanks for the time to respond. however, remember I am on the 360 so I am unsure what differences there are. For example, it is my understanding that the shops will never have anything more then 2-star items for sale. that is they will never sell sets or unique items regardless of your bargain rating. I do think that after I get to Niob (got a ways to go yet) I will make a level 8 guy and shop with him in Niob and see whats what.

Is there any location where you can go see the "best possible" mods that can be found on any type of item? For example, what is the best theoretical +ALL SKILLS I can find on a ring at say level 8 versus level 80 versus level 200?

Thanks

XBOX and PC work the same as far as 2 star ( Rare yellow on PC) being the best you will find in a merchant. As for + all skills at different levels. I buy +10 at level 124 in noib with my 124 seraphim Shopper on Xbox. and I think +18 is the highest they go. I found +8 at level 100, +4 at level 65. Etc Some experimenting is required. I don't believe anyone has charted the mods by level as there are so many. it would be a huge undertaking. Just listing them all in SacredWiki has been huge.

Thanks

XBOX and PC work the same as far as 2 star ( Rare yellow on PC) being the best you will find in a merchant. As for + all skills at different levels. I buy +10 at level 124 in noib with my 124 seraphim Shopper on Xbox. and I think +18 is the highest they go. I found +8 at level 100, +4 at level 65. Etc Some experimenting is required. I don't believe anyone has charted the mods by level as there are so many. it would be a huge undertaking. Just listing them all in SacredWiki has been huge.

Thanks and now one more clarification.

Would a level 2 player with 500 in bargaining be able to find the same +skills on say an amulet as a level 80 shopper with 500 bargaining? Meaning, are both capable of finding +10 all skills or is there a cap for the level 2 shopper that is much lower?

Thanks again.

Thanks

Thanks and now one more clarification.

Would a level 2 player with 500 in bargaining be able to find the same +skills on say an amulet as a level 80 shopper with 500 bargaining? Meaning, are both capable of finding +10 all skills or is there a cap for the level 2 shopper that is much lower?

Thanks again.

No as I said I found +4 at level 60, +8 at level 100 etc.

And now that spunky mentions it, I don't think my level 2 niob shopper has ever found any all skills. And as I stated before having a a high bargaining will not make any mod grow in size, only improve the chance of finding them.

Only thing you can find at level 2 is bargaining amulets(Ice and Blood), I don't think I have come across any +general skills yet.

Maybe things are different at Niob with a level 2 shopper.

Only thing you can find at level 2 is bargaining amulets(Ice and Blood), I don't think I have come across any +general skills yet.

Hmmmm, well I will have one in a couple of weeks and report back. Not sure how everyone maintains their sanity when rushing a shopper through the game! I do NOT think I will be able to do this again.

Hmmmm, well I will have one in a couple of weeks and report back. Not sure how everyone maintains their sanity when rushing a shopper through the game! I do NOT think I will be able to do this again.

Many,many,many runs through camp. after a while you just know how to stay safe ( well sometimes) and it gets easier (well kinda) lol

Best way I can explain it is like this(I'm going to make up some numbers for better understanding):

When you open the merchant menu everything for sale will have an Item Level attached to it. That Item Level is based off of your Character Level with a +- of x levels.

All of those items will range from 0 stars to 2 stars. With 0 Bargaining it might look like this:

70% chance an item will be 0 stars.

25% chance an item will be 1 star.

5% chance an item will be 2 stars.

This type of roll is made every time you reset a merchant for every item they have for sell. Increasing your Bargaining Level will increase the chance that those 1 and 2 stars items are displayed more frequently. Theoretically you could have a high enough Bargaining Skill that every item being sold by a merchant will be a 2 star item.

The difficulty determines the values for the stats on the items. If you were to buy a ring in Silver difficutly with +5 Tactics Lore then that same ring in Niob would carry say, +12 Tactics Lore instead. The items' stats stay the same, the values change. I'm not sure about sockets though, you might be able to get more or better sockets for the same piece of armor if you were to purchase it in Niob than Silver.

Anyway, that's how the 3 work.

Best way I can explain it is like this(I'm going to make up some numbers for better understanding):

When you open the merchant menu everything for sale will have an Item Level attached to it. That Item Level is based off of your Character Level with a +- of x levels.

All of those items will range from 0 stars to 2 stars. With 0 Bargaining it might look like this:

70% chance an item will be 0 stars.

25% chance an item will be 1 star.

5% chance an item will be 2 stars.

This type of roll is made every time you reset a merchant for every item they have for sell. Increasing your Bargaining Level will increase the chance that those 1 and 2 stars items are displayed more frequently. Theoretically you could have a high enough Bargaining Skill that every item being sold by a merchant will be a 2 star item.

The difficulty determines the values for the stats on the items. If you were to buy a ring in Silver difficutly with +5 Tactics Lore then that same ring in Niob would carry say, +12 Tactics Lore instead. The items' stats stay the same, the values change. I'm not sure about sockets though, you might be able to get more or better sockets for the same piece of armor if you were to purchase it in Niob than Silver.

Anyway, that's how the 3 work.

Thanks for the write-up. We got my wife's Seph to NIOB last night! I am going to do a short write-up about it on the 360 thread or somewhere. Anyways, now I need to figure out how to get the way point in that swamp town that has a merchant right next to the WP. Pretty sure there is 0% chance of us pulling that off without certain death!