Glass Cannon-High Elf

Hey all. I play sacred 2 on the PS3 and I wanted to get some opinions on a build I'd like to try. I'm still very new to the game only having it for about 2 weeks now, but I like it a lot. What I'd like to do is make a high elf that can utilize all three aspects. I'd like to hear your opinions on this build. Playing on console makes this build different from the PC version, especially because I don't have access to a BS, some of the bugs are still present. Also, Combat Discipline acts differently or so I read on the sacred wiki. Any of you wouldn't happen to have a definitive list of things wrong with the console version would you? I hate when I invest time into a build and it get's messed up because something will simply not work or acts differently.

My skill aren't in any order, just listing what I'd like to get.

Pyromancer, Stormite, Arcania lore and focuses. 6 slots gone

Final 4 slots

Concentration

Ancient Magic

Armor Lore

Magic Staff

Is Ancient Magic a redundancy in this build? If so, I will remove it and put in Constitution instead. I was hoping that the HP regen from GI would be enough to keep me alive. I did not choose Combat Discipline since in the console version it is bugged and according to the wiki. I have read elsewhere that the console version won't be patched in the future.

Prior to game version 2.40.0, it should be noted that due to a bug Combat Arts in a combo always used attack speed rather than casting speed or attack speed depending on the type of combat art to determine execution speed (this is still the case on console versions). As a result, if using combos on console versions, it is recommended to have a way to increase attack speed such as using a weapon in conjunction with a weapon skill (ex: have a sword equipped and the sword weapons skill or 2 melee weapons with the dual wield skill), or using a Combat Art that increases attack speed (such as seraphim's dashing alacrity), or using equipment that increases attack speed (ex: rings, amulets).

I didn't choose EP or BG because I have a shopper ready to go. I will split my attributes between stamina, vitality and later on I'll add Intelligence to the mix. I know most of you are asking why do I have magic staff. I couldn't decided between that or shield lore. Most staffs are 2 handed and since I since I intended on using those for the bonuses, I might as well be proficient with it. Besides, She's going to be doing more casting anyway and it will become a ranged weapon later according to the wiki. Not only that, but I have armor lore to protect me.

I'm not going to go into the mods for the Combat Art's since most builds use the same mods with slight variations, so most of you know what I'm going to end up choosing anyway. Well, I await your advice.

Edited by sigma20xx

I have seen many test in HE with the 3 aspects and no satisfiers. You must choose betwen fire on ice and enhace their choice to the fullest. Anyway if you insist on using the 3 aspects certainly need Constitucion possibly instead of Magis Staff for kill you with magic and te handgun is unimportant in this char.

Greetings

My daughter was 'forced' to play an Elf with full three aspects, but no concentration on the PC.

I don't know the targeting system on the console, but 'Regeneration per Hit' should be working. So an idea could be do use combat discipline and a weapon lore for execution speed.

With 3 damage aspects and an option to a not resistable 4th, life leech, ancient magic may perhaps not be needed. So the idea would be simple:

Do a combination of 3 combat arts and modify them for close combat.

Like a combination of:

Frost flare: freeze ( to slow and keep the enemies together), constraint (reduce enemies attack value), icy circle (to affect all around us in melee combat)

Raging nimbus: hurricane (faster damage), roar (more reducing of enemies attack value), extentend nimbus (bigger radius)

Magic coup: target focus (better hit chance, we need to hit for RpH), life leech (to heal, not having GI, and it is damage too), stray damage (to affect more enemies)

So this combination will have 3 direct Area of Effect, 2 times stacking Area of Effect over time, life leech and it recharges itself with RpH while recuding the hit chance of the enemies.

The idea would be to combine damage doing and defensive Combat Art's in a combination and recharge the combination with magic coup. Since magic coup is not for damage, I would go for sword weapons. In case of a miss of magic coup we have to hit with left clicks quickly to recharge our combinations and daggers are quickest.

So you can modify incendary shower for optimized stunning and not for maximum damage to use it for defense. So the idea is to stay alive in close combat via spells and do layers of damage over time and area of effect spells and recharge them with RpH.

02 arcane lore (5th)

03 armour

05 ice lore (3rd, damage for ice spells)

08 arcane focus (2nd , high level magic coup for better hit chance)

12 sword lore (1st to mastery, combination excecution speed, hit chance for recharging)

18 ice focus (4th)

25 combat displine

35 constitution

50 fire focus

65 fire lore

The whole idea is to play hybrid style and have your spells do part of your defense while your weapon recharges the high level spells. It was possible to play similiar to this on the PC. But it depends a lot on the auto-targetting on a console if it will work there.

Edited by chattius

Wow, I see how I didn't think that through with the ancient magic thing. If I have all 3 aspects at my disposal, there would be no need to lower resistance. Can I give up a focus for shield? Since I'll be using a 1 handed weapon, then I might as well be able to hold something in the other hand and not get penalized for it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but focus reduces regen times and allows you to use more runes without penalties. Focus raises damage with each skill point but you hit the level penalty sooner without having focus, correct?

Wow, I see how I didn't think that through with the ancient magic thing. If I have all 3 aspects at my disposal, there would be no need to lower resistance. Can I give up a focus for shield? Since I'll be using a 1 handed weapon, then I might as well be able to hold something in the other hand and not get penalized for it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but focus reduces regen times and allows you to use more runes without penalties. Focus raises damage with each skill point but you hit the level penalty sooner without having focus, correct?

Focus = lower regen higher combat art level without penalty( or focus level)

Lore = higher damage, and faster execution speed

You can alway raise damage with + combat art jewels, or runes. But you can only lower regens with focus, concentration, armor lore. ( I always try to use the "2 out of 3 aren't bad" rule. if you don't need all three thats fine, but pick 2 of them)

Chattius also made the Shield maiden for his younger daughter. The Shield Maiden - A Valkyrie from the land of Fire and Ice whiich serves all the best of all world very nicely. This build is the base for all my HE's! I make little changes here and there, but this is where I start from.