Having trouble killing in the Orc Cave

I'm not a inquisitor expert but my opinion would be to try and find a different area since from what I have heard inquisitors aren't that good in their. But u can try and gather a huge mob with soul reaver and see if that works?

Edited by galei
I have found the cave I go in there but my inquisitor cant kill them

I'D like to know where is the cave

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10049

That would explain the Orc Cave, but it is true to its reputation for being no joke (my now-50 seraphim's first and only death so far was from that specific cave because they chained a string of 700s and 800s along with the normal hits, instantly dropping her health bar).

As to adz1983's issue: best you can do is try to kill them individually in 1-2 Combat Arts a piece with health pots to chug. Otherwise you'd be better off roaming around the Orc Realm for easier kills as Orcs tend to give high levels of XP. Jungle may work, as well as the Dryad islands...

I have found the cave I go in there but my inquisitor cant kill them

I'D like to know where is the cave

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10049

That would explain the Orc Cave, but it is true to its reputation for being no joke (my now-50 seraphim's first and only death so far was from that specific cave because they chained a string of 700s and 800s along with the normal hits, instantly dropping her health bar).

As to adz1983's issue: best you can do is try to kill them individually in 1-2 Combat Arts a piece with health pots to chug. Otherwise you'd be better off roaming around the Orc Realm for easier kills as Orcs tend to give high levels of XP. Jungle may work, as well as the Dryad islands...

Get armor that mitigates for physical, if you don't have access to such, then items that add to physical armor base or percentage...

I'm quite familiar with Inquisitors primarily because they are the type that you actually have to sit down and think about, and read forum guides to build. So I'll try to give you my opinion on it. I played a GI + AS Inquis and an AS + NN Inquis, but never GI + NN, primarily because the 2 buffs in both aspects don't synergize, in fact they clash against each other. However, what I do know is that in my two chars, AS aspect has always been the mob farming Aspect, while the GI/NN is the utility used for killing champs and boss killing Aspect. This works into your favor in the Orc Cave, because you want to kill each orc 1 by 1, while chugging pots of course...

Strategy:

since you're melee... its all about good spikes. Focus on 1 target at a time, to decrease the threat on you. IS a couple of mobs outside having at least 2-3 souls with you when entering the cave for distraction.

Mortify Pillory on a target for chance to turn 2/4 against the target. IS>DS (combo 1)... Cast FF then Spike with Ruthless Muti > Callous Execution (combo 2). Your spike is more effective depending on the buff you have on. Purifying Chas would be nice, but waiting to get damaged b4 getting the damage boni to kick in, especially by those Orc Champions (known for killing a lot of low-level HC chars), is simply suicidal. If you are playing hardcore, I recommend Soul Reaver to be on the safe side. Remember, IS a dying Orc Champ if you have the chance (meaning if he's close to death and you have IS ready to cast), this way you summon a new minion which will take off the heat on you. From the remaining Orcs around you.

Of course, this is only in theory... as I've never done Orc Cave on an Inquisitor below level 40. I usually have AS Aspect developed for early mob farming in the Orc Lands. Also make sure your weapon is elementally modded, as they have only physical resistance (if I remember correctly), if not go "fire" I am 100% sure they have no prot against that.

Edited by gasconron

Don't know about other characters but I can personally attest that Orc cave is easy even in Niob for the Dryad or the BFG Seph. The Dryad skill of Darting Assault with KNOCKBACK modded really does a great job of keeping them at bay until they are dead with the blow gun. In fact, its so easy I like to walk all the way up into the middle of them sometimes and when I pull the trigger I end up pushing them back to the walls which is funny. If/when my wife's Seph is involved they end up dieing really fast.

Sometimes, the orc cave isnt the best option if you find it too challenging. I get roughly the same experience in the swamp (Albeit worse drops) which I think is ok

if you insist on the orc cave, my advice is taking a soul reaver with increased duration mob, getting at least 4 souls outside then rushing in and out before the souls run out... challenging to keep the timing right, but within half an hour you could see your inquisitor never miss and never get hit thanks to the + def and + att value.