- Download and Install Xfire
- Make a Game Video
- Open your game video in Movie Maker (comes free with XP/Vista/Windows 7)
- Drag you video onto the timeline
- Play it to see how it looks
- When satisfied click File-->Publish Movie
- -->This Computer
- -->Name your video
- -->Best quality...
Now if you're wanting to upload videos to Youtube then the best resolutions are 1280x720 and 640x480. In regards to SacredWiki videos we'll be doing 640x480 sized videos to upload to Youtube. The embed code on the wiki will then further size it down to 200x175 without loosing any quality. To be able to record videos at that size what you could do is set Sacred 2 to windowed mode at a resolution of 1280x960. Then set Xfire to record at half size which will end up giving you an output video size of 640x480. The great thing about using Movie Maker is that it's possible to watermark videos using a few tweaks here and there. Rather than go into detail as to how you do that I'll just provide a Movie Maker project that will put everything into place. All that's left to do in this project is to remove the video in it and put your own in. I've placed a video within this project so that you'll have something to test with if you like.
- Download My Movie Maker WaterMarking Project
- PlaceADDonTFX.zip in your "C:\Program Files\Movie Maker\Shared" folder
- Right click it and choose Extract to ADDonTFX
- Open the new folder ADDonTFX
- Double Click the file watermark.MSWMM to open the project in movie Maker
- Change the video inside the project to your own video file
Note: If you're having trouble finding the option to publish your video at 640x480, check Tools-->Options-->Advanced-->Video Properties and choose Video Format: NTSC and Aspect Ratio: 4:3
One last thing to do with Sacred 2 is that I put my watermark in place of the games compass. In order to do the same you'll need to turn the compass off using your optionsCustom.txt file by adding this line:
render.compass = 0
Sorry, I know it's a bit tossed together. Ask'em if yah got'em!