Sacredwiki not linking properly

I visited recently the sacredwiki, because I would like to know some information about a combat art. So I click on characters, then seraphim. I scroll a bit down to the combat arts, click on baneful smite and then suddenly I'm throwed back the the mainpage. After that I then did the same thing again, but now I even got back to the start when I just click on a character.

Is somebody working on the site and that the linking to the appropiate page is being shut down or something?

Yesterday everything was normal.

You`re right. I`m here at work right now and am finding that linking in from the index page is not working properly. I think Schot must be working on the database, but we`ll look at this soon quickly tonight.

Thank you for the info Candesco

:)

gogo

Huh... The urls have changed. Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that our host is pushing buttons again. I think I might hurt him just a little...

Used to be:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/SacredWiki

Now it's:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title=SacredWiki

It looks as though an Url rewrite has been made but I'll look at my own work before I break our hosts door down. I did make a new extension for the wiki so there's a chance that has done something.

Ok, it looks as though the wiki is going through some sort of conversion... I'm really not liking the url rewrite. Ball is yours gogo. :)

I removed the change I made last night.

P.s.

The Seraphim Combat Arts magically began to work again. Granted with the new Url rewrite...

Haha, might toss in the fact that every link on any site is now broken... Like ScoobyDouches' Build for example. Easy Rider All the links in there will no longer take readers to the wiki page it's named after. Instead they'll just end up on the main page. I'd wager he also created a redirect for links that point to the previously used Url style. I can fix all the urls here on FDM I'm fairly certain but I can't fix links on the other sites...

We just spoke to him. He says him and his team are doing some checks on the system. He has informed us that all the external links all over the net which point to select pages in the wiki will be returned to normal as soon as they have finished their spellunking

:)

gogo

Is it a bookmark that's not working Anti?

P.s.

Ok, I think it should be good now. I had created a redirect that accounted for links to us with and without www included in the url. It didn't seem to take with a permanent redirect so I made a temp redirect. Seems to be working for both types of urls to dark now.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to envision a magical soothing world with me strangling our host in it...

Those I won't be able to fix. Oh right. We haven't mentioned the outcome of our talk with the hoster yet. Well... He's "testing" things out and has implemented some new features he said he needs and pretty much completely disregarded us as customers. He assured us that our links, external and internal, will return to normal. Once he's done toying around... swearing_by_8BitLoser.gif

I've managed to find a way to get our Urls back as they were before. External links should be working fine now. Though I'm not sure how long this will last... What I mean is that our host seemed determined to create this sort of Url change for his own security reasons though I can't imagine how it is. So as long as he hasn't noticed I guess they'll remain. None the less he's going to have a talking to...