Ice & Blood - Changing Character colors

So I just installed Ice & Blood. They've added the ability to alter the color of your character. The problem is, this only works for new characters. So my Seraphim was assigned a whitish color that I think is too bright...in fact, I think she may be glowing, as if I had an object with +light equipped (and I know I don't).

Anyone know of anyway to change the color of your character to at least the default one?

One way would be with a save game editor, if there is one. There was one, but it seems to have disappeared.

Or I guess you could go looking through the pak files and find where the skin colour is, and manually change that.

Medium quality texture files (skin color) are in the graphics02.zip file. When you open the archive files (use winzip, winrar, or 7 zip) look in the mq\maps\heroes\seraphim folder. The skin files are easy to identify. You'll need a graphics editor program (GIMP is a free download) with the Nvidia dds plug in (also a free downlaod) to edit the files.

• 3 months later...
Coolness. Thanks for the input. I think I may just uninstall and re-install back to before Ice & Blood; ever since I installed and patched, I've been experiencing freezes and crashes.

After my masochistic side slapped me around a bit, I reinstalled Ice and Blood. Good times are to be had ahead (along with the bad, I.e. crashes). :-D

Edit: looks like my original inquiry was answered here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...skin+hair+color

Will have to test that out...

Edited by junkcollector