How do you get Yellow Shrunken Heads?

confusedxx

I have a lv 65 dryad shopper on Gold. I tried to get a yellow shrunken head but so far I have been unsuccessful. I have cast the spell on all the bosses and just killed the White Griffon and he dropped a monster head - but it was white :)

How do you get the yellow heads?

Also I am looking for +Skill or +Combat Art rings and amulets. So far I have not found any. What level do these start to show up when shopping? Does Gold have this or do I need Platinum level to find good amulets for my noob chars?

I have a lv 65 dryad shopper on Gold. I tried to get a yellow shrunken head but so far I have been unsuccessful. I have cast the spell on all the bosses and just killed the White Griffon and he dropped a monster head - but it was white :(

How do you get the yellow heads?

Also I am looking for +Skill or +Combat Art rings and amulets. So far I have not found any. What level do these start to show up when shopping? Does Gold have this or do I need Platinum level to find good amulets for my noob chars?

Welcome to the forum confusedxx

Take a look at this on the wiki:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title...2:Shrunken_Head

:)

gogo

In the Spidergirl-'guide' I wrote how the spidergirls get shrunkenheads. They do it with stacked twisted torments. Twisted torment is generally to weak to kill an opponent. You either have to bring an enemy close to death and then chain-cast low level twisted torments or you can bring twisted torment to really high levels and use a x% life leech weapon attack to recharge it with regeneration per hit (not for PC-players without addon, consoles work fine).

The enemy has only to die while torment is active. If more than one torment is active than the possibilities to get a head stack. I never modify any other combat art for headhunting than twisted torment. If a head is white, blue or yellow depends on the monstertype. Magic find changes nothing.

In general you will get yellow heads only from main bosses from the main quest or all dragon bosses. A blue human head is only possible if you play evil and kill Eddie the Barkeeper, a blue animal (hunting spider) only from a certain spider champion in a cave close to the tree spirit boss on dryad island, ....

Not every monster types drop all 3 colours. A list with colours and which monsters they may drop are in a german list of shrunken heads. I think the sacredwiki doesn't have the full collection of possible heads.

Another thing to know: I think that a yellow head may have up to 3 modifiers: 2 from rings and one from amulets. It counts as an armour so it gives some armour and armour penalty. This and some tricks yo uca nread in a german mini-guide how to hunt for heads.

Warning:

You can get addicted to headhunting

Edited by chattius

thanks chatius for the useful links. :heart:

too bad they're in german..... but one thing I noticed is that you need to have voodoo focus on :D

it is possible to do it without that skill ?

I mean sinister predator gives you a chance to drop heads, no ?

(the thing is I have all set and gold items on me, and that white head just doesn't look good in my armor):D

Edited by azamantes

From thje german shrunken head FAQ:

Variante 3 - weder Voodoofokus noch Voodookunde ist im Build enthalten:

Hier kann man den Cd von Quälen über Konzentration, Ausdauer, Equipment... auch senken, allerdings die Wirkungsdauer von Quälen nur durch Erhöhung der KK-Stufe ein wenig steigern. Diese Variante hat die geringste Dropwahrscheinlichkeit, aber auch hier kann durch gestapeltes Quälen nachgeholfen werden.

Quick short translation:

If you have neither voodoo lore nor the focus then the only way to boost the chance to get heads with twisted torment is to use it at high levels (it has still a chance which scales with its Combat Art-level, but way lower than modified) and stack several torments. Higher Combat Art-level= longer duration = more stacked torments.

Probably the chance from the hunter buff sinister predator adds to it.

The spidergirl build will later get the ghost pet as a third buff, so having voodoo focus was not wasted.

I understand the German, but I am unfamiliar with the names of the spells in German. Can you enlighten me as to what: Kombo mit Quälen und "Fluch des Verderbens" is?

Variante 2 is what my dual Wield Voodoo Dryad is.

Variante 2 - Voodoofokus ist im Build, aber keine Voodookunde:

Durch die längere "Animationsdauer" (geringere Zaubergeschwindigkeit) von Quälen ist hier ein Cd von Combat Art. einer Sekunde anzupeilen, hier bietet sich auch eine Kombo mit Quälen und "Fluch des Verderbens" an wenn man den Fluch auch auf Kopfjäger ausbaut. Auch hier ist eine Stapelung gut möglich und auch diese Variante hat eine sehr gute Schrumpfkopfdropwahrscheinlichkeit.

Quälen = twisted torment

Fluch des Verderbens = Black Curse

Kombo= short for Kombination

Cd = Cooldown and not the chemical sign for cadmium

Schrumpfkopfdropwahrscheinlichkeit

Terrible denglish word, my old teacher would come back as a zombie if I would have typed it: Schrumpfkopfdropwahrscheinlichkeit. Denglish is the mix of german (deutsch) and english expressions in one word. Schrumpf(en) = to shrink, Kopf = head, drop is english, Wahrscheinlichkeit = probability

So the word stands for the probability that a shrunken head is dropped.

Edited by chattius
Quälen = twisted torment

Fluch des Verderbens = Black Curse

Kombo= short for Kombination

Cd = Cooldown and not the chemical sign for cadmium

Schrumpfkopfdropwahrscheinlichkeit

Terrible denglish word, my old teacher would come back as a zombie if I would have typed it: Schrumpfkopfdropwahrscheinlichkeit. Denglish is the mix of german (deutsch) and english expressions in one word. Schrumpf(en) = to shrink, Kopf = head, drop is english, Wahrscheinlichkeit = probability

So the word stands for the probability that a shrunken head is dropped.

Hello! I'm sorry don't mean to intrude, but we have to be careful of using languages other than English, and if we do, to please offer an explanation of what the words mean so that our moderators and community can see this.

thank you for your contribution to this thread :)

Cheers!

gogo

With my Dryad it took me 72 levels to find my first yellow head, but I'm only using Sinister Predator and none of the Voodoo Combat Art's.

Dropped from one of the Nameless Guardians, and was a great one with 28% Death Blow.

I think getting a head is a matter of luck. I was fortunate enough to get the scorpion shrunken head on my 4th try from the giant scorpion. I pretty much just hit him with tangled vines to keep him from getting to me while my morbid animus spider kept attacking him. I also chain cast black curse and twisted torment. When you have a head on that corresponds to an enemy type, it's supposed to make the Combat Art's more potent. I could only assume that this would better your chance of getting heads to. So you increase your chances of getting a head if your hierling kills the monster and if they die from twisted torment. I plan to get the bronze mod head hunter for twisted torment to make my chances better.

I can't read german but I do know my colors lol. Time to go hunting for some blue heads. Chattius, is that a definitive list of heads and what they come from?

With a well built voodoo build that is using a lot of twisted torment as Chattius has posted, you can drop so many heads (albeit grey ones) in game that they get to be almost spam.

With careful attention to using Twisted Torment, and having correct mods chosen on the Combat Art's, you can have a monster drop a yellow had from a boss about 25 percent of the time.

I found when I was running my voodoo build, the scorpion was especially generous which was great as he has the most powerful pet, scorpion.

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

I think the list of possible head colours is quite complete. Last heads added were blue human from the evil main quest at this fight in the pub upstairs and the blue insect, a hunting spider (seems this one has double hits too). I will translate the collection if I find the time and get some help. I don't know all the english names at hand. A capital word means that the animation for a companion is in the code but the head was never found yet.

Kopftyp	 Typ des Begleiters bei Kopffarbe
		weiss		  blau			gelb
Tier		Wolf		   Wildschwein	 BÄR
Monster	 Olm			Werwolf		 Minotaurus
T-Mutant	Elementar	  Pflanze		 Baumgeist
Drache	  Echsenmensch   ECHSENM.KRIEGER junger Drache
Insekt	  Tarantel	   Jagdspinne	  Skorpion
Barbar	  Kobold		 Wüstenkrieger   TROLL
Untoter	 Zombie		 Skelettkrieger  SKELETT MIT KUTTE
Goblinoid   Goblin		 Ork-Krieger	 OGER
Dryade	  Dryade		 ?			   BLUTDRYADE
Mensch	  Mensch		 Schwertkämpfer  KUTTENTRÄGER MIT KNÜPPEL
Hochelf	 Hochelf_Bandit Hochelf Soldat  KUTTENTRÄGER(Inquisitor?)

Translation:

Head-type   Type of companion if head is
		white		  blue			yellow
animal	  wolf		   boar			BEAR
monster	 olm?		   werewolf		minotaur
t-mutant	elementar	  plant		   tree spirit
dragon	  lizardman	  LIZ.MAN WARRIOR young dragon
insect	  tarantula	  hunting spider  scorpion
barbarian   kobold		 desert warrior  TROLL
undead	  zombie		 skeleton warior SKELETON WITH ROBE
goblinoid   goblin		 orc warrior	 OGRE
dryad	   dryad		  type unknown	BLOOD DRYAD
human	   human		  Swordfighter	ROBED HUMAN WITH CLUB
high elf	highelf bandit highelf soldier ROBED ELF (Inquisitor?)

Races not listed don't drop a head. Please correct uncorrect english monster names. We have only the german versions.

Places to find the heads

blue animal: mini boss 'boar'

blue monster: mini boss 'white griffon', werewolf champions in the swamp

yellow monster: main bosses: nameless guardian, octa...

yellow t-mutant: main bosses: fog, stone golem, facettelon

blue barbarian: mini boss 'kobold lord'

yellow dragon: all dragon bosses

yellow insect: main boss 'gargantropod'

blue insect: spider champion in a cave near 'guardian of the forest'

blue undead: zombie champions in the swamp

blue goblin: orc warrior champions (the ones who do the ice circles)

blue human: shadow campaign, boss 'Eddie' (human in the pub)

blue high elf: high inquisitor (only campaign)

Again: please help to do correct names and perhaps do the stuff into wiki.

EDIT

CM-patch

Czevak said in GSF

Was ich euch soweit sagen kann (CM Patch):

Drache blau: "Dragon_small_red_elite" und "Dragon_small_green_elite" sowie "lizard_deathcult_priest_elite" (keine Ahnung wie die ingame heissen)

Barbar gelb: Walther aus der XMAS-Reihe

Untot gelb: Terus - General der Untoten Legion.

Tier gelb: Meister Petz XMAS

Goblinoid gelb: Lupus Kalthand

Mensch blau: "DR_cult_mage_elite" (Irgendwelche Kultisten auf der Dryadeninsel)

Hochelf blau: Archäologin Mishirla

Dryade gelb: Mazzagons Leibwächterinnen

Mensch gelb: Hexe Failitia

dragon blue - red and green dragon elites, dragon cult elite- unsure ingame names

barbarian yellow - Walter

undead yellow: General Terus

animal yellow: Meister Betz XMAS = Bear boss x-mas island?

goblinoid yellow: Lupus Kalthand - Lupus Coldhand ?

human blue: cultist mages elites on dryad island

dryad yellow: Mazzagon's bodyguards

human yellow: witch Failitia

Edited by chattius

Nice post chattius :)

Warning:

You can get addicted to headhunting

Hehe, right. ^^

Hmpf

No shrunken heads for Plants-monsters (nothing against forest guardian...) and no Energy-monster head (against constructors, banshee, evocator,...).

Edited by Woody

You know, I was trying to get a dryad head and there just aren't that many of them running around the island. It's like a but load of animals and plants.

Could someone make a video of the blue heads in action? I'd really like to see what the werewolf and t-mutant can do. I know nothing tops the scorpion, but I like to change things up every now and then. I don't think the scorpion is appropriate for a dryad lol. I try to stick with a more foresty theme while traveling, I especially like the wolf just for show. When it's time to get down to business and stop fooling around, that's when I whip out the scorpino. Yeah that's right, I named it lol.

I used the information in this thread to headhunt a yellow insect head: da scorpion! :)

I was very pleased when my first attempt at Garganathopod worked! (Spamming Twisted Torment... with a level 27 Dryad) Woo hoo!

I then tried the Octogolamus... no joy.

But hey, I've got me a Scorpion! He seems pretty fry-able in the swamp or the jungle. Is the level of the summoned animus affected by the level of the head used to summon it? I recall reading that the level of the head had nothing to do with the summon's survivability.

Because level of head is unimportant as to the type of monster you want to raise...getting a lowest level scorpion head is key. Putrescine set me up with a beauty... one in the low thirties... It raises hell early in the life of an adventurer, and he had to farm for days before he got one to drop for him.

gogo

• 1 month later...
You know, I was trying to get a dryad head and there just aren't that many of them running around the island. It's like a but load of animals and plants.

Could someone make a video of the blue heads in action? I'd really like to see what the werewolf and t-mutant can do. I know nothing tops the scorpion, but I like to change things up every now and then. I don't think the scorpion is appropriate for a dryad lol. I try to stick with a more foresty theme while traveling, I especially like the wolf just for show. When it's time to get down to business and stop fooling around, that's when I whip out the scorpino. Yeah that's right, I named it lol.

For flavour, the Yellow T-Mutant head summons an Ent! Maybe 'more appropriate' for a Dryad?

For Dryad heads, head to northern parts of the island. I haven't gotten a blue one, yet. 8(

• 4 weeks later...
"A blue human head is only possible if you play evil and kill Eddie the Barkeeper"

Is this the tavern owner of the Royal Honky-Tonk Tavern that's part of the main quest, or is it someone else?

Yup! The guy @ Honky Tonk upstairs that you fight in the shadow campaign. He has a health bar like a boss during the fight.

Happy Hunting!

"A blue human head is only possible if you play evil and kill Eddie the Barkeeper"

Is this the tavern owner of the Royal Honky-Tonk Tavern that's part of the main quest, or is it someone else?

Yup! The guy @ Honky Tonk upstairs that you fight in the shadow campaign. He has a health bar like a boss during the fight.

Happy Hunting!

He's worth fighting for his filthy mouth. I leave it to you to find out what he says. It's priceless! :)