Collecting Class Armor Sets (not set items)

Just for fun, I've been trying to compile armor sets (not set items), by which I mean armor pieces that should go together (graphics-wise). I'll post some pics to illustrate my meaning.

Niokaste's armor, red:

niokastered2.th.jpg

Niokaste's armor, red and black:

niokateredblack2.th.jpg

Niokaste's armor, silver:

niokastesilver2.th.jpg

NPC seraphim armor (some of the seraphim on seraphim isle wear this):

platoonblue.th.jpg

Glowing armor:

blueglow2.th.jpg

Anyone else doing something like this?

Here are two more:

NPC seraphim, gold:

platoongold2.th.jpg

NPC seraphim, red:

platoonred2.th.jpg

Revelation of the Seraphim, red and black:

revelationredblack2.th.jpg

Edited by junkcollector

Great stuff there. Was wondering how much other people valued complete looking kits.

I was gutted today with my first death on my Serra as I realized I should stop wearing kit 10 lvls lower than my level and put on all much better stat gear I had collected. Gone from a nice looking all red outfit to just a mish mash of random kit.

Added two more of the NPC seraphim-type armors. There's so much armor it's difficult to tell what goes with what. I know there are at least 2 other colors of the Revelation of the Seraphim armor set that I'm working on compiling.

Keep working on it you have made great progress so far! Really cool idea and fun to look at I will recheck this thread from time to time to see if you have any new ones!

They`re beautiful junk!

And slevin, thank you for the link to the german site... Fantastic work Ascaron has put into this part of the game.

Junk collector, Would you be able to photograph pix of the different pieces on their own like the german site did? If so, I can make a new page in the wiki for you so that all your work can be referenced.

We could formatting on the page like being used here for Sacred 2 Art:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title=Sacred_2:Fan_Art

:D

gogo

They`re beautiful junk!

And slevin, thank you for the link to the german site... Fantastic work Ascaron has put into this part of the game.

Junk collector, Would you be able to photograph pix of the different pieces on their own like the german site did? If so, I can make a new page in the wiki for you so that all your work can be referenced.

We could formatting on the page like being used here for Sacred 2 Art:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title=Sacred_2:Fan_Art

:tongue2:

gogo

Will do; I actually saved the pics; I'll put them together for you.

Edited by junkcollector

This is looking wonderful. Some things that come to mind is lighting. In your first capture your seraphim is facing away from the sun. It's something I took notice of when I was working on the Set pages. That the full body shots looked much much better when I was facing the sun. And on a related note I found that the captures looked the best when taken during the daytime. High noon.

The location of where you took the capture of the Silver Niokaste's is perfect. The green of the grass, the stone walk and the fading background provide a perfect backdrop for you captures in my opinion. :)

Niokaste's armor, red:

niokastered2.th.jpg

Niokaste's armor, silver:

niokastesilver2.th.jpg

P.s.

I agree with loco. This is a huge project. Perfect for collaborating on.

ooh, yeah... look for the sun :) It was actually Schot that taught me the way so the light, and how to use shadows to tell me which way to face the weps. I can't begin to tell you how awfully long it was soemtimes to grab a wep in perfect post for uniques etc... but what you get is perfect detailing with good colors.

Junk, resolution on your pix is good... are you at highest, or perhaps even using Elite?

Luca, as Schot had mentioned is hugely large... a collaboration or even just two peeps adding the pix to wiki as they begin to get pix will slowly start to fill it out.

I'd only ask for an agreement on the lay out so that each set pix is comprised of views back and front of the armor with individual pix of each piece.

So far germans have done it with armor on the right, and this topic has been showing it with both ways. If there is agreement, we can have a uniform formatting.

:)

gogo

All right, we can collaborate. I'll continue where I was with the Shadow Warrior. I'll have to find most of the armor pieces again for the other classes, however, because I didn't take the screenshots in a specific format and I sold the armor when I was done with it since I didn't have the stash space to keep it all. I have to tell you, though, that my game is set to medium graphics.

As an alternative we could contact whoever made those pictures on the German forum and ask them whether they would contribute them to the wiki. That's what we do in my field of study. This project gets somewhat redundant if we redo everything.

Darn, I hope I don't sound too negative. I'm being positive, seriously.

We will be victorious! :-)

I see what you mean about the lighting. I think for now on I'll take the pictures in Thylisium, right next to the merchant/blacksmith area towards the NE portion of the city, and by the grass.

I'm running 1024x768; I've recently reinstalled the game (Ice and Blood crashed too many times for my liking) and am running the elite textures. I've got shadows on medium, and rendering on high, with 2x anti-aliasing. I'm thinking of just using the inventory screen for capturing the armor icons, since it leaves it in an arranged fashion.

I'm curious about the names for the sets... where do they come from, are they being made up as they are photographed, or is their a name for them some wherein their code?

:)

gogo

I'm curious about the names for the sets... where do they come from, are they being made up as they are photographed, or is their a name for them some wherein their code?

:D

gogo

They were arbitrarily assigned: the Niokaste's sets were named after Niokaste's armor, which was originally blue. The glowing armor was, well, glowing. The NPC seraphim armor was named because I saw NPC seraphim characters wearing them. :-)

Added a red & black version of the Revelation of the Seraphim armor set.

This one looks really awesome! I wish I have this armor set for my seraphim (instead of the white one).

Max

Added a red & black version of the Revelation of the Seraphim armor set.

This one looks really awesome! I wish I have this armor set for my seraphim (instead of the white one).

Max

Agreed; I wish there was an actual set item with that. If I entered battle with that my seraphim would be killed.