Inquisitor - "corpse Explosion" Necro (Caster)

I know this thread has some dust on it and I am sorry if I am sounding repetitive but I have some questions about this build...

Attributes? What am I focusing my points on?

Runes? Is there certain skills where I can eat as many as I want? What are my regen time goals on each spell? How many can I safely eat of each one?

Stats he says the ratio 25 Vitality/75 Intelligencewith the first 100 being vitality.

As to regens, gasconron says he wants stuff spammable so probably not to high, between 1-1.5s (or higher if you arent bothered by it). Any minibuffs you can probably eat runes in without too much worry, but everything else you will have to take care of your regens.

• 2 years later...

lol, sorry for the thread necro... I havent been into darkmatters for almost 4 years, seems like people have been answering questions for me. sorry bout' that.

Edited by gasconron

I am still unable edit opening posts done by myself, I would like to make a major edit to it. but for now I'll just add it here as an extra post.

Update:

Due to my initial attempt at a full Niob HC run with this build failing miserablly at plat, I concluded that the build depended too much on clustering maelstrom + levin array + (raving thrust) to kill something in the Area of Effect to hit the initial "corpse explosion effect" and get the chain reaction desired. However, that only worked for me in my testing because I did it with a fairly matured Niob blank toon with gear available. When I put it into practice on my actual hardcore run, I had a very hard time getting the initial kill in mid game, when enemies were tougher, regens were slower and damage miti sucked and armor was lacking. Therefore, enraged by the death of my level 95+ Inquis, I immediately planned a re-work on the build that addressed the issues.

Changes -

1. Take out Dual Wield.pngDual Wield , it was only taken only to access dual Ignis Magikas for the instant ~70 Deathblow, and do more with the slots you conserve. Replace it with Gruesome Inquisition Focus.pngGruesome Inquisition Focus . This gives us access to the valuable free damage mitigation of the Purifying Chastisement. Combined with dmg mitigation you can get from your gear it will increase your survivability a lot. The danger of initiating a Dislodged Spirit.pngDislodged Spirit on a boss at melee range is greatly reduced.

@ level 75 of GI Focus, you are now granted:

- a fully modded Ruthless Mutilation and Callous Execution. Even w/ 0 Strength and minimal investment in + damage%, the damage on these 2 CAs is ridiculous.

- New Combo: Raving Thrust.pngRaving Thrust > Clustering Maelstrom.pngClustering Maelstrom > Ruthless Mutilation.pngRuthless Mutilation - - - > Clean up withEruptive Desecration.pngEruptive Desecration spam. - - - This can now be used as a farming tool as your new buff now enables you even at mid-game mediocre gear to herd as much creeps before you spike them down. With a steady supply of mentor potions levelling will be a joke. You can now also Orc Cave, but that is unnecessary, due to the efficiency of your Area of Effect farming.

With this new setup you sacrifice your Reverse Polarity.pngReverse Polarity buff, a slotless ~70% DB (2x Ignis), and 2 jewelry slots in exchange for: a possible max of 20+% damage mitigation (via buff) and around a healthy "40-45% to all" at end-game, plus an additional physical damage mitigation from Deylen's (translates into 1000's of reduced damage in boss fights in level 140 and above in Niob) with the same armor setup, a fully modded Callous Execution (Boss Killing Tool), and a fully modded Scything Sweep (to make your chain explosion more effective). Worth it? Hell f#$%*ing yeah!

Comment: Most people would prefer to keep the Reverse Polarity and lose the Doppelganger buff, but I really hate recasting companions as a summoner in any RPG game, so the choice was done out of sheer laziness and not micro-maxing. If your the type that doesn't get annoyed recasting the damn Doppel every couple of seconds, then by all means. Having Reverse Polarity + Purifying Chastisement will really pump your survivability through the roof.

New Skill Order: * this was the path I took on my current Hardcore Entry

Level 2: Gruesome Inquisition Focus.pngGruesome Inquisition Focus

Level 3: Armor Lore.pngArmor Lore

Level 5: Astute Supremacy Focus.pngAstute Supremacy Focus

Level 8: Nefarious Netherworld Focus.pngNefarious Netherworld Focus

Level 12: Concentration.pngConcentration

Level 18: Constitution.pngConstitution or Combat Discipline.pngCombat Discipline

Level 25: Constitution.pngConstitution or Combat Discipline.pngCombat Discipline

Level 35: Nefarious Netherworld Lore.pngNefarious Netherworld Lore

Level 50: Astute Supremacy Lore.pngAstute Supremacy Lore

Level 60: Toughness.pngToughness

Added Combat Arts:

Ruthless Mutilation.pngRuthless Mutilation - Ire > Petrify > Frenzy

- Damage... Prevent Damage... Damage... *sounds reasonable*

Callous Execution.pngCallous Execution - Bleed > Lacerate > Judgement

- modded for boss killing meaning... MOAR damage!

Purifying Chastisement.pngPurifying Chastisement - Mystic or Purge > Eradicate > Inure

- Added Crit and the valuable damage mitigation

Equipment:

Except for the Weapon of Choice, everything remains the same. 1 modifier is now required for you to have, though. Consider lowering deathblow % to ~60's to add a decent amount to +% chance opponent cannot avoid attack. Weapon of choice has been changed to "Slicing Scythe" a unique w/ 2 gold sockets for a decent boost to your crits %, and addition of deep wounds and life leech. There are probably more options for the largest most damaging 2-hander you can get your hands on, but I chose this weapon for its mods rather than damage. I wanted to keep the integrity of the character as a caster-focused build rather than a melee hybrid.

• Like! 1

@ claudius: lol, sorry SW is my main... :D got confused there. can we not edit old posts anymore? like we used to be able to? or is that an admin privilege now?

Edited by gasconron

Just for the people who play not vanilla Sacred2:

ice and Blood: death blow works no longer on spells, but you will have regeneration per hit to recharge your combat arts.

Ice and Blood with CM-patch: there is a nice sigil-set which boosts the radius of your Maelstrom, try to get it.

@ claudius: lol, sorry SW is my main... :D got confused there. can we not edit old posts anymore? like we used to be able to? or is that an admin privilege now?

I remember not being able to edit early on, but now I can, seemingly an infinite amount of times. It may be tied to post count.

post count... I guess we'll have to remedy that then, eh... :D

Working on an in-depth Tri-Element Guide for HE's just cleaning up some stuff. I felt like I also had to include the order I modded my skills since micro maxing was such a chore, so that was a bit tedious. Will post that one soon.

Edited by gasconron

I fixed up the scything sweep/ruthless mutilation error for you :)

As an aside, using clusterming maelstrom, levin array and racing thrust n a combo is feasible in Ice and Blood, but some decently shopped gear does make it much easier.