Poison Ivy - A Pure Caster Dryad

I joined a gold and now if I press continue game, I can keep going in gold. However, I cannot select continue campaign or free world gold. Question: if I complete gold can I then select both gold and plat in free world or am I wasting my time?

Should be able to. I just joined someone's platinum campaign last night, did a few story/side quests for him, then quit. Now I can access Platinum campaign if I do continue game. If I just keep going with that and beat Platinum, I will unlock Niob, and have access to all the difficulties beneath it despite never having beaten gold or silver.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got to plat and I am level 65 with this build. The desert hurts bad with my gear on plat. What would be easiest way to get better gear? I have 2 tiwora curse in the hands and a lv 50 chest piece of time. Rest is nothing special.

I think at this point I was farming 2* scorpion heads in silver/gold (whichever was dropping me the highest level heads I could actually equip. I was just using tangled vines + moribund animus. After killing it, there are some loot crates in the corner of the room that have a decent haul as well. For runes, kobold hunting should suffice. You could hunt Nameless Guardians as well, but I found the scorpion boss to be so much faster.

Oh, and having high level bark and GGT helped too :)

Edited by Purple Lizard
  • 1 month later...

I've been following this build and it's a great leveling build, but unfortunately my character died today :cry: . I was doing desert runs at level 39 and was 45k xp away from level 40 when I lagged in a mob and, next thing I know, I'm dead. So was I doing the desert runs too soon? As far as equipment, all I had was some 1 star weapons I had picked up, and was using the Staff of Metal Mastery from the Blind Guardian Quest which I slotted with 2 Viperish Disease Runes. Here's how the build was at level 39:

Attributes - Addes all Vitality to 149

Skills - Concentration 1, Nature Weaver Lore 39, Cabalistic Voodoo Focus 39, Enhanced Perception 1, Nature Weaver Focus 39, Combat Reflexes 1, Tactics Lore 1, Combat Discipline 1, Last 2 spots still empty, and have 2 skill points unassigned.

Combat Art - I had Viperish Disease, Moribund Animus, Ancient Bark, and Golden Glade Touch fully modded.

Ancient Bark - Level 10 with 6 runes memorized

Viperish Disease - Level 10 with 5 runes memorized

Moribund Animus - Level 11 with 11 runes memorized

Golden Glade Touch - Level 6 with 3 runes memorized

I'm starting a new character with the same build in a few, since I'm trying to get through the game with no deaths. At least this time around I know to get my mount earlier, since I waited until level 35 to try and get mine, and just didn't have enough gold. Could you guys tell me if there's anything I could have improved upon at this level? Was I being stingy on the runes? Should I have memorized more of Ancient Bark and Golden Glade Touch by this level?

I've been following this build and it's a great leveling build, but unfortunately my character died today :) . I was doing desert runs at level 39 and was 45k xp away from level 40 when I lagged in a mob and, next thing I know, I'm dead. So was I doing the desert runs too soon? As far as equipment, all I had was some 1 star weapons I had picked up, and was using the Staff of Metal Mastery from the Blind Guardian Quest which I slotted with 2 Viperish Disease Runes. Here's how the build was at level 39:

Attributes - Addes all Vitality to 149

Skills - Concentration 1, Nature Weaver Lore 39, Cabalistic Voodoo Focus 39, Enhanced Perception 1, Nature Weaver Focus 39, Combat Reflexes 1, Tactics Lore 1, Combat Discipline 1, Last 2 spots still empty, and have 2 skill points unassigned.

Combat Art - I had Viperish Disease, Moribund Animus, Ancient Bark, and Golden Glade Touch fully modded.

Ancient Bark - Level 10 with 6 runes memorized

Viperish Disease - Level 10 with 5 runes memorized

Moribund Animus - Level 11 with 11 runes memorized

Golden Glade Touch - Level 6 with 3 runes memorized

I'm starting a new character with the same build in a few, since I'm trying to get through the game with no deaths. At least this time around I know to get my mount earlier, since I waited until level 35 to try and get mine, and just didn't have enough gold. Could you guys tell me if there's anything I could have improved upon at this level? Was I being stingy on the runes? Should I have memorized more of Ancient Bark and Golden Glade Touch by this level?

Gotta love that Viperish Disease lag? Unless you "blindly" spam health potions, you need to have Golden Glade Touch active if you stop while on a Viperish Disease run. ALWAYS.

I believe this build was written before Regeneration per Hit, and hitting things with a weapon was "undesireable" for casters. Now, it's almost manditory (to keep Combat Art's at high level and using RpH to recharge). So for casters, I think Tactics and Dual Weild are less important*, and can be replaced with Voodoo Lore and another choice skill. Using a blowpipe or Shuriken/shield for regenerating Combat Art's with RpH. A general playstyle will be have Vines modded for area effect, and using Animus/totems/ranged attacks to kill the immobilized opponents. Of course, if you're playing like a hybrid then by all means, swing away!

*Taking Dual Wield in a caster build like this wastes 2 skills to get 1-3 extra slots for forging... not very effective, IMO.

PS - runes look OK, ...you really only EVER need 1 into Viperish Disease...

Edited by essjayehm

Well, it's not so much that I didn't factor in RPH (I have other builds reliant on it). It's moreso I didn't care about regen penalty at all for this build. I made my piggy Dryad gobble as many runes as she could which upped survivability by a lot. Before Acute mind is fully modded, there was a lot of kiting/vining while animus kills. I do agree that TL/DW is not wholly necessary, but on the other hand, DWing Tinworas has benefits beyond the extra forge slot (+Combat Art, +Casting Speed, and -regen), and I was fine on defense as to not need a shield. Plus TL gave me mod points to mod Forest Flight and Dust Devil so I can't say I regret the choice at all. If I were to replace it though, I'd probably replace it with Shield Lore. I play pretty much exclusively on PC now so I'd probably try to work Alchemy in there somewhere. I've thought of trying out this build on PC add-on one day and seeing how I would have to adapt, but for the time being, I'm having too much fun with the Darting Assault Dryad (who can still utilize TV/EL boosted by Acute Mind combo).

And yes, you never really need more than 1 rune for Viperish Disease.

Edited by Purple Lizard
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
ok..probably a silly question but umm..did you take a mount? and if so which should I go with for this build?

would be nice to hear answer and also to see some video with desert runs (+pointin over Combat Arts skills mb gear etc)

so that there will be no question about cd's or ca levels etc

sry for bad english

thx

• 5 months later...

Heh, for some reason I decided to play the console version of this again and decided to peek at the forums. It's definitely fun in its own right with all the brokenness you can do with it, but takes much longer as you can't hack a balance file to speed up experience gains.

Anyways, I had no mount for this build because I was too lazy to get one. Instead I just had 150% run speed.

• 4 weeks later...

This is probably a really dumb question, and I apologize...but what does deathblow do exactly? I've seen it in-game and never understood what it meant, and it was mentioned earlier in this topic. Just curious

In a nutshell... When you're going up against a baddie, and you hit him and his hit points drop below a percentage (defined by the item modifier: Opponent level for death blow, your damage effectively doubles against that opponent. So let's say you're hitting something and are doing 100 damage against the enemy and that enemy has 2000 hit points, if you've got a weapon with Opponent level for death blow as a modifier worth 20%, when that enemy's hit points hit 400, you will be doing 200 damage per blow until it's dead. It is, btw, stackable. You can equip multiple items with OlfDB and each item will contribute to the total amount.

Note: This modifier worked on all CAs prior to the Ice and Blood expansion - but that is no longer the case with the expansion.

• 6 years later...